Whoops: BPD Officers Recover Eleven Firearms While Placing Suspect in Custody in Downtown Boston

They're obviously not going to say, but I would bet good money they got tipped off about this guy from a CI / Rat and were literally just waiting for him to appear.

The ATF and state police patches are in that picture. They definitely were tracking this guy long before he ever arrived in Boston. This was a Boston police bust, it was a fed/state/local task force and I’m sure others will be getting a SWAT team at their doors soon.

A relative was a courier for a drug gang and they were tracking all of them for months. Had a lot of crimes on video, cell phone data, etc.

Could be. But I can tell you that this kid will probably walk. Cops do this shit all the time to the known idiots walking around with stolen goods in thier back packs. They usually pick them up on Friday nights and ruin thier weekends because they sit in a cell till court Monday morning. They walk every time. This one is definetily interesting though

He didn’t have stolen iPads, this is interstate gun trafficking. He’s going to club fed, for how long depends on his desire and ability to give up others. Guarantee they’ve been tracking him and others for months.

This is what happened:

ATF in Tennessee got wind of him accumulating guns to sell. An ffl probably got concerned about a straw purchaser who pointed to him. Or this is a spinoff of the student in nyc also from Tennessee that sold 300 guns to the atf.

Either way he was monitored all the way from Tennessee. Him having a heavy bag is only corroboration of what they already knew was going on.

Not an easy case for the defendant I suspect.

Last edited:
So still no time served after he starts singing like he's in the church balcony.

Federal indictments for guns/drugs/etc are pretty hard core. If he gets indicted by the feds he is eating a 1-2 years at least, even if he sings loudly. (and this depends on the charges, with gun shit they like to rack up a score, so he might be facing 2-3 felonies)

The ratting discount is not as big as you would be lead to believe it is.

I'm trying to understand the legal aspect here. According to the report, he was arrested carrying a heavy bag inside South Station. Here's what I see:

Lol you obviously haven't read anything in this thread. This arrest really isnt about shit MA gun laws. This guy is getting indicted by the feds, more than likely. It is possible he will never see state charges unless they want to stack that shit on top at the end or the fed case fails. (which isnt likely, feds dont like to lose).

This guy was wired for sound. This wasnt someone who was "just arrested traipsing through south station. " I bet they literally watched him get on the train in TN and get off the train in Boston and maybe in between etc. Feds likely have a half dozen charges queued up on this guy. We'll get a better idea when the indictment drops but who knows when that will
happen. (at least when it does its observable, vs the secret squirrel shit in the MA court system. (it's not that its secret, just poorly available).

Shite reporting found this elsewhere

After a lengthy investigation it was discovered that Pierre had purchased a quantity of firearms out of state and was planning to travel to the Boston area to illegally distribute these firearms to various individuals.

Last edited:
This makes little sense. If this was a backpack and it was heavy, he would have had it on his shoulders, NOT in his hands. Changing hands applies to a carry bag, not a backpack. I think the police report on which this article was based, is not consistent. It will get ripped to shreds in any hearing.

This gobbly gook was direct from BPD.

1647363579581.png

I'm trying to understand the legal aspect here. According to the report, he was arrested carrying a heavy bag inside South Station. Here's what I see:

1) A heavy bag is not enough for detention, let alone an arrest. Unless weapons were sticking out or he was acting suspiciously, then detention would have been justifiable. Switching hands when carrying a heavy bag is not a justification
2) He was arrested inside a transportation facility. As per federal law, transportation of legally acquired firearms is allowed. Now, if he was arrested outside the facility, that would be different but I am still going to point to 1: no cause for search or detention.
3) no federal charges were filed. This makes sense. According to the photos, most guns were not loaded and the ammo was in separate boxes. Heck, even magazines were not loaded. According to TSA, this is an accepted way of transporting firearms.
3) As someone had mentioned in this thread, someone had given police information on the guy's intent to distribute within Massachusetts. Unless the guy actually sold the weapons in MA, the intent cannot be proven.

Considering that the ONLY charge is illegal firearms possession(one per firearm), I half-decent attorney will get them dismissed.

That said, if this guy came here to do illegal $#!t, he should go to jail! What pisses me off is that police acted in such a dumb fashion that this guy will most likely go free. What if the next time he is successful. These guns will end up in the hands of some gangbanger in Brockton and someone's son/daughter/wife/husband is murdered? All thanks to the ineptitude of officers eager for a promotion.
Agreed. He will walk

1) A heavy bag is not enough for detention, let alone an arrest. Unless weapons were sticking out or he was acting suspiciously, then detention would have been justifiable. Switching hands when carrying a heavy bag is not a justification
2) He was arrested inside a transportation facility. As per federal law, transportation of legally acquired firearms is allowed. Now, if he was arrested outside the facility, that would be different but I am still going to point to 1: no cause for search or detention.
3) no federal charges were filed. This makes sense. According to the photos, most guns were not loaded and the ammo was in separate boxes. Heck, even magazines were not loaded. According to TSA, this is an accepted way of transporting firearms.
3) As someone had mentioned in this thread, someone had given police information on the guy's intent to distribute within Massachusetts. Unless the guy actually sold the weapons in MA, the intent cannot be proven.

Considering that the ONLY charge is illegal firearms possession(one per firearm), I half-decent attorney will get them dismissed.

That said, if this guy came here to do illegal $#!t, he should go to jail! What pisses me off is that police acted in such a dumb fashion that this guy will most likely go free. What if the next time he is successful. These guns will end up in the hands of some gangbanger in Brockton and someone's son/daughter/wife/husband is murdered? All thanks to the ineptitude of officers eager for a promotion.
Without reading the news article.

Travel on Amtrak is a federally regulated issue. It is probably a CFR, making it legal to transport firearms on Amtrak ONLY when checked luggage at both start and end of journey and declared as such. So that gives LE that know he has guns, the authority to stop, search and arrest in this case.

Three of these look brand new, still with the red factory warning tags on the trigger guards:

IMG_5406+(1).jpg
This may be the only criminal ever caught in Boston with high-quality pistols and magazines. The last guy they caught in Dorchester, his pistols looked like they came from a civil war museum. Hey! With those magazines, they have got us outgunned. Gee...... I wonder how much he paid for those hi-cap magazines?

The way this guy is going down is the Feds putting the screws to him.
He will be incapable of STFU in a way to meet Federal standards of STFUedness,
and will be putty in their hands.

If it goes to trial and the prosecution narrative starts with pretextual ragtime
about a heavy backpack constituting reasonable suspicion of a crime;
and only then proceeds to "oh, this must be the guy the multi-agency task force
had South Station staked out for" (pause to roll eyes),
the gun evidence at least has the faintest glimmer of getting tossed.

(But how much you want to bet they had someone shadowing him all the way from Tennessee?)

Notice the alphabet soup badge collection in the brag pic?
Full credit to MSP Gang Unit, BPD Yout Violence, and AFT for embroidered patches.
Actually, bonus credit to AFT for two patches.
Partial credit to whatever Hub (Interagency?) Yout Task/Fill-in Task Force skinflinted with a decal
of a shield, two arrows, and a stabby thing.

Last edited:
P. S. I wonder if a defense attorney has ever gotten mileage out of
ripping into the testimony of arresting officers
by contrasting their narrative with the official agency press conference?

It’s a safe bet there were at least two UC Feds on the train with him the whole trip and he never knew it, they may have even swapped out UC’s at different stops along the way. I would. If he decides to get off or goes off schedule someone needs to be there to keep eyes on.

Lol you obviously haven't read anything in this thread.
You obviously haven't read the article. There was NOTHING about someone ratting him out: it was pure conjecture on the poster's part. Wired for sound? The conjecture on YOUR part. Yet, you have an issue with my actual reading of the article where it CLEARLY stated what charges were filed. Guess what, there were NO charges of interstate arms transport, straw purchase, or any other federal-level charges! The charge is "Unlawful Possession of a Firearm", which is a state charge.

You obviously haven't read the article. There was NOTHING about someone ratting him out:

Lol are you really that naive? Yeah this cop just rustled a guy with a heavy bag in a train station... [rofl] sure.

Did you not read the "coordinated investigation" part? [rofl]

Yes the people on scene arrested him on a state charge. That is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, that's just trash to hold him in place while they
figure out what other kind of crap they want to charge him with, unless of course the feds decide hes not a big enough fish. Even in that case I bet the PC/RS etc was
well satisfied long before he set foot into the train station. They probably even had a warrant for the guy, too. They just dont come right out and "announce" it because
they don't want to advertise it too loudly that they have a rat in their pocket.

You obviously haven't read the article. There was NOTHING about someone ratting him out: it was pure conjecture on the poster's part. Wired for sound? The conjecture on YOUR part. Yet, you have an issue with my actual reading of the article where it CLEARLY stated what charges were filed. Guess what, there were NO charges of interstate arms transport, straw purchase, or any other federal-level charges! The charge is "Unlawful Possession of a Firearm", which is a state charge.
You have no idea what you’re talking about.

I don't know if trains are different, but on airplanes you cannot transport firearms or magazines as carry on luggage.

Last edited:
The article says that he's expected to be arraigned at BMC. I expect that's wrong, but where he's arraigned will tell us who has primary jurisdiction.

Lol you obviously haven't read anything in this thread. This arrest really isnt about shit MA gun laws. This guy is getting indicted by the feds, more than likely. It is possible he will never see state charges unless they want to stack that shit on top at the end or the fed case fails. (which isnt likely, feds dont like to lose).

This guy was wired for sound. This wasnt someone who was "just arrested traipsing through south station. " I bet they literally watched him get on the train in TN and get off the train in Boston and maybe in between etc. Feds likely have a half dozen charges queued up on this guy. We'll get a better idea when the indictment drops but who knows when that will
happen. (at least when it does its observable, vs the secret squirrel shit in the MA court system. (it's not that its secret, just poorly available).

I don’t know why people would think of this as a random stop. It was an joint adventure, tell by the agency patches laid out like playing cards.

They knew what they had.
It's not. The question is the method used to stop him. "weighted down bag"

Pierre arrived at South Station at approximately 2:25PM where he was observed carrying a backpack that appeared to be weighted down. Pierre walked toward the escalator while alternating the bag between both hands to distribute the weight of the bag.

Back
Top Bottom