• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who would try to take a loaded gun in a carry on

In fact MA has an obscure CMR making ANY POSSESSION of firearms illegal on ALL of airport property unless unloaded in a locked case for checked luggage. I'm willing to bet 90+% of MA BFS instructors aren't even aware of said CMR.
That same CMR requires that visitors to Logan check their explosives with the state police before entering.

Do people leave their bags all packed with knives and guns and stuff just waiting for a trip?

When I need to pack a bag for a trip, I begin with an empty bag. So I know what I'm putting into it and I'm not "adding" to a bag already packed with something.

And a range bag as a carry-on is a stupid idea.

Do people leave their bags all packed with knives and guns and stuff just waiting for a trip?

When I need to pack a bag for a trip, I begin with an empty bag. So I know what I'm putting into it and I'm not "adding" to a bag already packed with something.

I have one, and it has a lock. All I do is open it to make sure I have enough ammo and go to the range.

I also have one specific bag for my 45/70 and black powder rifles. It has black powder, a bunch of reloaded ammo, cleaning supplies...everything but the guns. Its is so much easier and efficient. Pick it up and go. I just finished some 45/70 reloads tonight that I threw in there for tomorrow morning.

Edit: I don't use those for travel. :)

Last edited:

Packing up for the range is actually kind of an exciting ritual. So is unpacking, cleaning; it's soothing for me.

Guys: just buy another bag for flying...

I did not mean a range bag in general is a bad idea. A range bag for the range makes complete sense. Keeping it prepackaged with necessities makes sense also.

I meant using a range bag, which you use for the range also, as your carry-on bag for airline travel for vacation or business, is a bad idea for so many reasons....

Please correct me if I'm wrong but a NV/FL/UT license is meaningless in Ma correct?

If he doesn't have a Ma or non-res LTC then regardless if he's at Logan airport or sitting on his couch in Bridgewater he is in illegal possession of a firearm.

And to put more salt on that wound, and I'm just spitballing here, the article states he is a Ma resident who doesn't possess a Ma LTC, so he obviously didn't purchase the firearm in Ma, so if he purchased it in one of those 3 other states as a Ma resident and he brought it to Ma, then doesn't that makes him an alleged felon?

He might be looking at a giant boatload of hurt.

Which is the number of terrorists that they've caught since the agency was created. It's very expensive, not very entertaining, security theater.
If I sold you tiger repellent for use in MA, and you went for many years without being attacked by a tiger, would you conclude that it had worked?

honest mistake. victimless crime. this man hurt nobody.

this is also why it's wise to keep separate luggage or bags for air travel, so that there is 0% chance of some leftover ammo or firearms causing a jam up.

I knew a guy once knew took (2) 9mm rounds through the naked security scanners in his back pocket.

There was a big hoopla, the pimple-faced, 17 year-old TSA agent held them in his sweaty hand as he sheepishly asked, "Are they Live" My friend had explain to him that although they were live, they weren't going to explode his hand.

The TSA boss came out who had lots of important questions like, "Do you have any guns on you?"

Finally, the Troopers came and asked a ****-ton of questions, checked to make sure my friend didn't have any outstanding warrants, and pocked the rounds.

Luckily, I didn't get arrested & even still made my flight.

Back
Top Bottom