Who said you can't cc a 1911?

People see what they expect to see.
Those who don't know, expect to see/notice you wearing your blackberry, or some equivalent.

That being said, I tell the kids when I carry, so they don't make any wrong-time comments.
I had a nice, extensive conversation with the 4yo about why we don't talk about carrying our CC when out in public. We don't want the bad guy to know we can protect ourselves, don't need the hassle from the cops, and so on.

In the house, all conversations are valid, but outside...mum's the word. As noted: M.I.L walks in one day....4yo: "daddy, show grammy your gun, I can see it under your shirt"........................ugh. She was looking for my print...little rat, lol

It might be safer to show the CCW tricks when they're a little older....

What does a "gun belt" have to be to make it a good ccw belt ? I just went to renaissance leather in hingham ma and for $25.00 he's making me a belt out of some 1.5" wide very thick leather he said came from Africa, the leather is almost twice as thick as a regular belt if this one doesn't work out I'm going to order a Beltman belt.

It should hold your pants up and hold the gun and holster in place. The gun shouldn't have a tendency to roll away from the body. If you use a pancake holster, thread the belt to the outside of the holster if your belt loops allow for this.

Well I was going to get one from renaissance leather but they messed it up so I think I'm going to mail order one I'm not sure if I want the Amish $30.00 belt or the $100.00 Beltman belt.

Back
Top Bottom