• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who said you can't cc a 1911?

Went for a walk with the dog this evening and i took my 1911 with me, i had it in a blackhawk owb holster with my shirt and a nice pull over just hangen down over it, its not very populated around here at this time so its nice to have it on me.

even though its perfectly covered, i still keep my arm down over my side casually with my thumb resting on the edge of my poket to take away from the bulge on my side.

Now you would think it would still be very noticeable, but i went and had a chat with my cousin along the way, and without making any a temp to hide it from him he did not notice, at least not until i showed him that i had it on, We were even talking about guns.

Kinda gose to show you some people are not as aware as you think, unless your trying to make it stand out, alot of people are mostly oblivious to there surroundings.

I hope to have a more concealable holster soon, but for now this works well.

Last edited:
Went for a walk with the dog this evening and i took my 1911 with me, i had it in a blackhawk owb holster with my shirt and a nice pull over just hangen down over it, its not very populated around here at this time so its nice to have it on me.

even though its perfectly covered, i still keep my arme down over my side casually with my thumb resting on the edge of my poket to take away from the bulge on my side.

Now you would think it would still be very noticeable, but i went and had a chat with my cousin along the way, and without making any a temp to hide it from him he did not notice, at least not until i showed him that i had it on, We were even talking about guns.

Kinda gose to show you some people are not as aware as you think, unless your trying to make it stand out, alot of people are mostly oblivious to there surroundings.

I would say most people aren't saying to themselves, " i wonder if he's carrying". But thats our own paranoia.

A lady friend always has at least one 1911 at all times, sometimes more.

People tend to MTOFB unless they're dems/libs/pols trying to strip more of your rights.

Yep, I have a Springfield 1911 with a Crossbreed belt and holster that I sometimes carry. A few weeks back I was at work chatting with a customer (he is a member at same range as my brother) and he mentioned how he'd rather carry a 1911 than a mousegun but the full-size make it virtually impossible to conceal-carry. I laughed and told him that was what I had on me, and it is all about the belt/holster/attire.

With the correct belt/holster combination you can conceal almost anything. I often carry my Glock 17 with just a t-shirt.

even though its perfectly covered, i still keep my arme down over my side casually with my thumb resting on the edge of my poket to take away from the bulge on my side.

If you have to put effort, like keeping your arm down, then I woulnt say its easy to CC. But that also depends on peoples bodies. I know a person that CC a 1911.
I wouldnt be able to CC a 1911, my shirts are too tight against my body, and bigger shirts make me look like some Limp Bizkit A-hole. So I CC a PPS.

as a side note: I stopped by the army navy store in Kingston, and they had some nice 1.5" leather belts. The belt was under $25, it wont last forever (I dont expect it to) and it does its job. I cant bring myself to pending close to $100 for a belt that will get worn out pretty quick after using it every single day.

Last edited:
Ummm, nobody? What's difficult about CCing a full size pistol?

There was a thread someware on here with some one who apparently could not cc his pistol comfortably, but your right it wasent to difficult to do and i was quite comfortable.

Last edited:
Yep, I have a Springfield 1911 with a Crossbreed belt and holster that I sometimes carry. A few weeks back I was at work chatting with a customer (he is a member at same range as my brother) and he mentioned how he'd rather carry a 1911 than a mousegun but the full-size make it virtually impossible to conceal-carry. I laughed and told him that was what I had on me, and it is all about the belt/holster/attire.

This is what im talking about, i was very comfortable with the holster i had and had no problems along my walk, it just surprised me at how well it went after i heard so meny times how hard it was or that it wasn't posible to cary a full size pistol on them conceled.

If you have to put effort, like keeping your arm down, then I woulnt say its easy to CC. But that also depends on peoples bodies. I know a person that CC a 1911.
I wouldnt be able to CC a 1911, my shirts are too tight against my body, and bigger shirts make me look like some Limp Bizkit A-hole. So I CC a PPS.

as a side note: I stopped by the army navy store in Kingston, and they had some nice 1.5" leather belts. The belt was under $25, it wont last forever (I dont expect it to) and it does its job. I cant bring myself to pending close to $100 for a belt that will get worn out pretty quick after using it every single day.

I think it was my paranoia that made me want to use my arm to hide it a bit more because it wasent a inside the waste band holster so it stuck out a bit, but i was very comfortable, and aparently it did not make a difference if i had my arm there or not, because even standing two feet from my cousin he dident notice it, and at this point wasn't trying to hide it.

Last edited:
... uh .. yeah. They are popular , a hundred years old , and work pretty good if you spend some time with them. The new kydex & leather holsters - crossbreed and it's imitators - are fairly amazing.

And like Mr Broccoli said - don't neglect the belt.

Who said you can't cc a 1911?
Beats the hell out of me. Wore mine home from the pin shoot on Sunday. AFAIK, the mob at Kimball Farms didn't know I was carrying when I stopped on the way home... nor did the people at the restaurant where I went for takeout that night. Pretty sure my wife didn't even realize it, either.

A Sistema Modulo 1927 (an Argentinian Colt 1911), the Best Belt and a UBG Canute holster make a VERY comfortable carry rig. Didn't bother me at all, didn't show... and it'd be in my hands in less than two seconds if I'd needed it. Which, fortunately, I didn't.

This does not surprise me. I used to conceal (if you can call it that) my USP in an OWB holster. It looked like I had a brick in a belt clip under my shirt. Not a single person ever said anything.

not sure why anyone would question concealled carrying a 1911. They're a flat profile single stack .45 ACP.

I used to rotate between my 1911 bobtail commander and a glock 20 for concealled carry. Went out to dinner one night with friends wearing a short sleeve fleece front-zip jacket over a heavy cable knit shirt with a shoulder rig with my glock 20 on one side and 2 mags on the other. The people I was out with (who know me fairly well) didn't realize I was carrying in a shoulder rig and even asked me what I was carrying at the end of the night.

I carried a Colt Delta Elite (10mm) 1911, stainless, full size... for a whole summer, many years ago... no problem. I could have used a better belt, though, at the time (it was a little uncomfortable) but had no trouble concealing it.

-Mike

I carry my R1 1911 with a custom made iwb it's very comfortable, I like knowing I can put my shots in the same hole unlike my .38,I have a thick belt but what belt is the best for a gun belt? I'm looking for a new one but I'm undecided on what to get.

Last edited:
I bought a re-inforced bullhide from the Beltman - in 1.25 and it works great. They also make 1.5 and 1.75 inch. They're awesome. I use it with my M&P .45 FS and my minotaur hybrid holster.

The question is...why would you want to carry a 1911 for self defense in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was my paranoia that made me want to use my arm to hide it a bit more because it wasent a inside the waste band holster so it stuck out a bit, but i was very comfortable, and aparently it did not make a difference if i had my arm there or not, because even standing two feet from my cousin he dident notice it, and at this point wasn't trying to hide it.

oh, you had it OWB, and it didnt show? NICE!

The question is...why would you want to carry a 1911 for self defense in the first place?

Lol, it's a Kimber to add insult to injury. [laugh] Not exactly the best representation of a gun in that class.

I had good luck with mine (Colt Delta Elite 5", two different Colt Lightweight Officer's Mods) but I would never in a million years ever carry a dirty 1911, and while my officer's mods both worked great, I would double never carry one of those dirty, either.

Now... subcompact .45s with barrels less than 3", that stuff is just insane at that point, I don't care who makes it. That's just abject stupidity condensed into a handgun. Guns like that stupid springfield micro garbage commander subcompact .45 (or whatever they called it) are just flaming piles of garbage. Same thing with guns like that Para shithog. That thing is terrible, too.

All that having been said if I ever carry another "Compact" .45 again, it'll be another G30SF. That gun was at least stupidly reliable, dirt or no dirt, it just ran. It ejected more consistently than the Officer's mods did, too... no getting beaned on the forehead, which is pretty much unavoidable with the tiny 1911s.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom