Who makes a semi-auto compact/micro-compact pistol in .22 Mag?

10.6 oz. vs. 17.8 oz. is almost half the weight.
Also, the size difference, though not dramatic, is enough:

View attachment 658555View attachment 658556

The LCP was the "compromise". Was originally looking for something like the P3AT. It seems that is the one to beat, and the only one to beat it is the same company's P32. Like I said, I don't know much about the .32 caliber at all, so was ending my "research" with .380 and .22 Mag.

A revolver is pretty much the only game in town for a compact or micro .22 mag handgun. There's my contribution to the thread.

I kind of went through this looking for a small pocket pistol. I ended up going with a S&W Bodyguard 380. For comparison against the LCPII,

Comparison.jpg

The 380 is actually smaller than the LCP in all but length and that is less than 1/8th of an inch and is only 0.6 oz heavier. The 380 is DAO and the LCP is striker. I felt more comfortable with the 380's trigger for pocket carry. True, the trigger pull is long but I find that a feature, not a flaw for pocket carry and in truth if I wanted to, they make after market triggers to take some of that up. Another thing is, a benefit of DOA over striker is I can get a second or third pull before doing a manual of arms due to a light strike. The last thing is noise. .22 magnums are not quiet. There are actually 10 decibels (db) higher than a .22LR. Decibels are not measured in a straight line like the f*** around and find out charts. Sound pressure is logarithmic or i.e., 22 magnums and the variants from it (like .17HMR if you're looking at those) makes it twice as loud as a standard 22. Not really seeing a gain going 22 mag over say 32 or 380 ACP.

I'm not knocking the round as I do have .22 mag revolvers simply as a counter part to my 22 mag rifles. It's also a wonderful handgun if you need to deliver a coup de grâce to something large.

I replied last time you said this. I'll leave it to you to look it up.
How many threads you have going on this subject? Over how many YEARS?

The unicorn you are looking for doesn’t exist because you are literally the only person looking for it. It of course also doesn’t exist because even if we showed it to you, you wouldn’t purchase it anyway.

If you want:

.22mag = NAA or larger revolver from Ruger / Smith
.32 = KelTec
.380 = LCP / Glock or similar

This has all been answered dozens of times, starting a new thread isn’t going to materialize anything a 10 second google search wouldn’t as well and won’t make a gun that nobody wants exist.

A revolver is pretty much the only game in town for a compact or micro .22 mag handgun. There's my contribution to the thread.

I kind of went through this looking for a small pocket pistol. I ended up going with a S&W Bodyguard 380. For comparison against the LCPII,

View attachment 701328

The 380 is actually smaller than the LCP in all but length and that is less than 1/8th of an inch and is only 0.6 oz heavier. The 380 is DAO and the LCP is striker. I felt more comfortable with the 380's trigger for pocket carry. True, the trigger pull is long but I find that a feature, not a flaw for pocket carry and in truth if I wanted to, they make after market triggers to take some of that up. Another thing is, a benefit of DOA over striker is I can get a second or third pull before doing a manual of arms due to a light strike. The last thing is noise. .22 magnums are not quiet. There are actually 10 decibels (db) higher than a .22LR. Decibels are not measured in a straight line like the f*** around and find out charts. Sound pressure is logarithmic or i.e., 22 magnums and the variants from it (like .17HMR if you're looking at those) makes it twice as loud as a standard 22. Not really seeing a gain going 22 mag over say 32 or 380 ACP.

I'm not knocking the round as I do have .22 mag revolvers simply as a counter part to my 22 mag rifles. It's also a wonderful handgun if you need to deliver a coup de grâce to something large.
If your BG has been good to you then that’s awesome. Personally I feel as though the LCP2 is superior in a lot of ways, but that is most certainly due to me experience with the BG falling apart more than once at the range (at least two broken firing pins from my recollection)

As far as .22 mag, the sound levels are just one of many reasons why it’s a round with little actual purpose at this point (saying this as someone that owns a few firearms chambered in the caliber) N terms of defensive use, you can get equally small firearms chambered in superior rounds that are more reliable and equally or less expensive to shoot.

... They recommend changing the spring on the 380 every 200 rounds. It’s known that .380 is borderline. Not meant to be shot a whole lot. ...
The 380 seecamp is painful don't even bother. ...
My 32 seecamp would only function reliably if...
... .32 pistols. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen but they aren’t acceptable to it.
Just a reminder that this thread is about .22 WMR pistols. For the most part, this question has been answered. There really isn't one, though that Walther one is nice but not "pocket".

It looks like the .380 will do everything a .22 WMR can do and more. I'm very curious how the sound levels on those 3 (.380ACP, .22WMR, .22LR) compare, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Just a reminder that this thread is about .22 WMR pistols. For the most part, this question has been answered. There really isn't one, though that Walther one is nice but not "pocket".

It looks like the .380 will do everything a .22 WMR can do and more. I'm very curious how the sound levels on those 3 (.380ACP, .22WMR, .22LR) compare, but I wouldn't know where to start.
This thread is about nothing that a Google search could answer - at least those are interesting options or topics of conversation. Hell, I learned some things about a seacamp I didn't know.

They have a unique battery of arms. If the grips are too tight they won’t work. It’s recommended that you use Eezox, a dry lubricant because oil will send the slide down range. There is a ring in the chamber that has to be cleaned to a T so the delayed blowback will function properly. The older ones were finished with Bridgeport’s and older equipment so no two were exactly alike. Newer ones are done on 3 axis machines. They are more than likely to be better fitted. I had to stone burrs off the drawbar on mine. Then if you try to pull the trigger without a magazine you’ll bend the drawbar spring. They don’t lend themselves to limpwristing either. I unload mine fairly regularly to make sure the trigger springs back. I had the grips too tight and used too much Eezox without wiping it down all the way and it wouldn’t cycle through. I’ve never had a problem since. 100% now except for a dud round of PMC Bronze. Hope this doesn’t discourage people that want one and hope it helps people that own them. One other time I had a problem was when I used too much Eezox in the chamber and I put it together without letting the stuff dry and wiping it down. A round was stuck in the chamber. I had to press down on the extractor with my thumb to catch the rim of the cartridge. Definitely a learning experience with them. TS had some Silvertips recently and I bought a half dozen boxes. I shot a box through it and they worked well. They make a gauge now that measures the length of cartridges. I’ve never had to use one. Never had a problem with rimlock either like you can have with other .32 pistols. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen but they aren’t acceptable to it.
Okay, this cancels my lust for that Seecamp. I appreciate it.

VVVVVVVV

They’re pretty thin and shaped around your leg. It’s a kickstand as it keeps the pistol away from the tables so it doesn’t scratch. Mrs. Sterg likes that.
Tables? Kickstand keeps the muzzle from pointing at your twig and berries... [smile]

Not sure why you strangely keep chiming in like a broken record.
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

You are just rehashing what I said a couple posts up:
Given your struggles with sourcing info and multiple threads with all the same answers I assume you need reminders. Your post a couple posts up is just restating what I remind you in all of these threads. Excellent use of emojis though, nice job.

Outside of that, like I said, don’t crap on people actually providing value to a thread that could have been answered with a google search.

All that being said, Merry Christmas. I hope Santa brings you something in .22 mag.

Last edited:
snip...

Here's a start and some added reading about sound. A good listing of cartridges is lower on the page. Regular 22 lr is 140db but isn't listed: Sound pressure

Dear lord…. It’s not even like I can blame my phone for autocorrect!

I really do find myself wanting a Seecamp now…
B&K Sales in Natick usually Carries them. Sometimes First Defense in Uxbridge also. The regular one without the trigger safety is Ma. complaint so you can avoid the more expensive Cali model. Comes in colors now. I still like the traditional stainless.

View: https://www.facebook.com/100063646239560/posts/pfbid02bdSmXJWnW6YYWFvwe1yFrq7sqqJk213YD2fVU4dVgT2QfMWqG91WNNs2ktEMskNwl/
FC68194D-04DA-4879-BF37-D92647D40344.jpeg

I don’t think so. Their thinking behind it was you could take the magazine out and render it safe without unchambering. You know, so you could leave it on your nightstand and not worry about your kid shooting himself. 😳

I don’t think so. Their thinking behind it was you could take the magazine out and render it safe without unchambering. You know, so you could leave it on your nightstand and not worry about your kid shooting himself. 😳
It’s literally the worst part of the design, not being able to clear the chamber without a mag inserted in the gun partially almost breaks another gun safety rule by itself…

It’s literally the worst part of the design, not being able to clear the chamber without a mag inserted in the gun partially almost breaks another gun safety rule by itself…
In their defense, and it took me a while to find this out, if you push on the magazine release the magazine will drop about 1/4 of n inch like every magazine does on most all semi autos, you can rack the slide and eject the round in the chamber. It works well. I think this is what was intended.

In their defense, and it took me a while to find this out, if you push on the magazine release the magazine will drop about 1/4 of n inch like every magazine does on most all semi autos, you can rack the slide and eject the round in the chamber. It works well. I think this is what was intended.

It does work, it's just stupid because every other gun in that class isn't that kind of weird. It's very hipster-esque.

Always thought it was so it would provide enough resistance to the inside of your pocket so that only the gun came out.
Same here. Problem is, if I wanted something that big, I'd just get a bigger gun to start with. What the heck kind of pockets do people have anyhow? Mine are just regular pants you'd buy in stores.

View attachment 701354

Answer = Nobody

The interwebs aren't that hard... At least don't give people crap that brought something interesting to the conversation.
Given your struggles with sourcing info
You think I didn't try Google first? It isn't really tailored to a very specific request/question like this. A bunch of guys/gals on a gun forum seems a much better place to ask. Don't like it, don't click.

Same here. Problem is, if I wanted something that big, I'd just get a bigger gun to start with. What the heck kind of pockets do people have anyhow? Mine are just regular pants you'd buy in stores.
It looks bigger than it really is.

If you actually put it in a decent pair of pants the gun will disappear that's the whole point if you don't have pockets that are large enough to accommodate the pocket gun and the holster then pocket carrying is a bad idea. The hook is designed so you can kick off the holster during the draw.

Back
Top Bottom