• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which pump shotgun for 3-gun?

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
Get a Benelli Super Nova. It has the Comfortech stock, interchangeable chokes, the stock can be adjusted. The loading port is for 3 1/2" shells, and the lifter stays down while you load.

I only suggested the super nova because I was sure it is what Dan would suggest
He knows a thing or two about this exact topic

Bps is a great shotgun. A bit higher on the price scale than most pump actions though.

I failed to mention I own one thus the reason for my question. I absolutely love it with the Buck Special barrel and the Leupold 1-4 scope on top. It has dropped plenty of deer.
I've often thought of adding a barrel for bird season but I'm happy with the bird gun I have.

The BPS is a pump ;)

Learning lots today.
BPS

Shotgun's not really my area of expertise. I have a couple of them, a nice 20Gauge CZ Drake O/U I use for skeet and sporting clays, the Mossberg JM930 for 3Gun, a Mossberg 500 I bought years ago, and a Remington 870 up north that I bought as my first skeet gun.

I failed to mention I own one thus the reason for my question. I absolutely love it with the Buck Special barrel and the Leupold 1-4 scope on top. It has dropped plenty of deer.
I've often thought of adding a barrel for bird season but I'm happy with the bird gun I have.

Question about the BPS: how often do you take out the two receiver pins for cleaning? I'm familiar with 870s where, to get the bolt out, you just have to remove the barrel.

Question about the BPS: how often do you take out the two receiver pins for cleaning? I'm familiar with 870s where, to get the bolt out, you just have to remove the barrel.

I haven't shot it in years so I'm not the guy to ask. It just takes up space in my safe because I refuse to get rid of it.

I'll be going to Shooter's and KTP today to check out options. Here's what I'll be checking out:

*26" Wingmasters
*26" BPSs
*590M part No. 50206, the 590M with ghost ring and cut for choke tubes
*Benelli SuperNovas
*Older Ithaca M37s w/26" barrels cut for choke tubes

Get a Benelli Super Nova. It has the Comfortech stock, interchangeable chokes, the stock can be adjusted. The loading port is for 3 1/2" shells, and the lifter stays down while you load.

I only suggested the super nova because I was sure it is what Dan would suggest
He knows a thing or two about this exact topic

If Dan S says the Super Nova is the gun to get, then it is the gun to get. You will save a lot of time, money and effort by just doing what he says. You'll just end up getting one later anyways

I listened to @Dan S and bought a 12-gauge, 26" Benelli Supernova with ComforTech stock at Kittery for $600. It's going to be shipped to my RI FFL and I just need to buy a mag extension.

I listened to @Dan S and bought a 12-gauge, 26" Benelli Supernova with ComforTech stock at Kittery for $600. It's going to be shipped to my RI FFL and I just need to buy a mag extension.
You won't regret it. That is what I've been shooting since 2012 in Heavy, and at the Wallum Lake Shotgun matches. The action bars will need deburring (like they all do), the loading port will need some taking of the corners, don't think that you can hack it like most semi's get cut for loading, the trigger housing extends forward and is actually part of the loading port.

Looks like a Choate mag extension...
I love mine. Very well made.

Back
Top Bottom