• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which piston carbine would you purchase?

Which piston carbine would you buy?

• FN Scar 16 - 50 shades of brown and an Ugg boot stock

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • HK MR556 - because HK hates you if you’re poor

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Sig Sauer MCX Spear 5.56 - The US Army can’t be wrong, right?

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • PWS MK116 - Pew pew tactical says buy it

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • LWRC IC-SPR - cheaper than an HK (not by much)

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • 5.56 is for beta twinks, get a man’s caliber rifle in 7.62

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Barret M82A1 .50 BMG - because bigger is always better, even if it isn’t a “carbine”

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Mall ninjas operating operationally would run something not listed above

Votes: 14 16.7%

• Total voters
...I mean, the AK is a carbine. It's in the name.

And, well, it has a piston. So...
Confused Over It GIF by chescaleigh

That font of knowledge, Wikipedia, seems to disagree (emphasis mine):
The AK-47, officially known as the Avtomat Kalashnikova (Russian: Автомат Калашникова, lit. 'Kalashnikov's automatic [rifle]'; also known as the Kalashnikov or just AK)

That said, and all that having been said, I like the cut of your jib. Allow me, in parallel, to recommend a Tanker M1A
(though the Garand conversions are sexier...)

Confused Over It GIF by chescaleigh

That font of knowledge, Wikipedia, seems to disagree (emphasis mine):

That said, and all that having been said, I like the cut of your jib. Allow me, in parallel, to recommend a Tanker M1A
(though the Garand conversions are sexier...)

Oh.

I think I was thinking of the SKS. Still works, lol.

Oh.

I think I was thinking of the SKS. Still works, lol.
Aaah, "self-loading carbine of (the) Simonov system." I learned a thing!

Clearly, OP needs both.

Sadly, I never got one when they (and ammo) were still relatively inexpensive, and my collector drive just isn't there enough to get one now...

Aaah, "self-loading carbine of (the) Simonov system." I learned a thing!

Clearly, OP needs both.

Sadly, I never got one when they (and ammo) were still relatively inexpensive, and my collector drive just isn't there enough to get one now...

The SKS is a delight, but once you have enough AK47s it's sorta extraneous.

The SKS is a delight, but once you have enough AK47s it's sorta extraneous.
I still haven't even gone down that path yet.

From the perspective of having alternate mechanisms to investigate, it seems interesting...but I'm just not ready to develop that "reference library" yet.

I put a PWS 16" upper (long stroke) onto a standard AR lower I happened to have. Total spend on the rifle (sans optic) was maybe a grand. Upper was on sale at the time, which helped. Planning to give it some lovin this weekend.

From that list, if you don’t care about a folding stock, PWS for ambi and HK for non. I’m picking based on the lower so there will still be some other piston upper options if you decide to switch. The LWRC lower is similar to the PWS but I don’t like how the left side controls are close together.

I would fall under mall ninja with LMT.

From that list, if you don’t care about a folding stock, PWS for ambi and HK for non. I’m picking based on the lower so there will still be some other piston upper options if you decide to switch. The LWRC lower is similar to the PWS but I don’t like how the left side controls are close together.

I would fall under mall ninja with LMT.
Any of the 4 brands you just named make you a mall ninja...and thats coming from someone that owns 2 pws's and loves them

I have an LWRC IC-A2 and I wish I went with an A5 for the adjustable gas block and longer rails. Otherwise it shoots well. And I think I only spent 2100 for it. I’ll likely buy an A5 upper and put the A2 on an Aero or something… or just buy a complete A5 I dunno.

I also have an LMT MARS-L, which has a better fit and finish to it but I like the LWRC a hair more.

Back
Top Bottom