• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Free State would you move to?

Periodically I think about leaving this rat hole commonwealth (MA). Sometimes I think Vermont would be nice, some times New Hampshire looks good. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't get out of New England altogether.

If you were looking for a place to move to, where you could live in peace and freedon, where would it be?

arizona probably, somewhere in northern arizona though...it gets damn hot in the lower lying areas. and i'd still like a bit of a winter.

I'd like to move to one where I can get 50+ acres for the least amount of money.

NH, or if I didn't need to be at least somewhere near my clients, the AK Panhandle or Washington coast. It would be helpful if the new government in Maine could move faster - both to me and to the state's economy.

Arizona. Already applied for a job, have scouted out some potential places to live, and my wife has called around researching work as well.

Moving (retiring) to NH later this year. Looked briefly at VT - decided that any state that could elect Howard Dean, Bernie Sanders, and Pat Leahy was no place for me to be. Really the only advantage I could think of was the lack of licensing for CCW, which I think probably creates more problems (can be difficult to get licensed in other states) than it's worth. Agree with hankster - ME is to much like MA for my comfort.

NV, would be nice to move back, but not in the cards, so CA (Which ain't perfect, but a ton better than MA).

Looking at some land in SE OR or NW NV for a hunting property though.

NH or ME, I have to be near the ocean for my profession (marine electronics technician) But I could always go back to Aviation maintainence, then I could go anywhere. Always wanted to work on bushplanes in the Pacific NW or Alaska...

NEW JERSEY of course. LOL JK

Either Vermont or Florida. Maybe Colorado.

they all have good things and bad things. So it would be a hard choice. Between snow, heat, too many illegal immigrants...

Arizona....Been researching areas for a while now and will be going out there in April to look around.Not sure when I'll move but hopefully within the next few years.I'm done with this state both politically and weather,you don't have to shovel sunshine. [smile]

Arizona....Been researching areas for a while now and will be going out there in April to look around.Not sure when I'll move but hopefully within the next few years.I'm done with this state both politically and weather,you don't have to shovel sunshine. [smile]

Can't go wrong there. I've got land in Wilcox, and was born in Phoenix. Unfortunately, the wife didn't want to move that far from her family, or I'd be there now. She was also a little hinky about ICE being all over the place, all the time, the last time she was there. Never the less, the majority of folks there (including the Governor) still believe in the constitution and the law. Gun rights are great, scenery beautiful, cheap real estate (for the most part). I don't see any negatives... Good Luck!

PS Check this out:

http://www.cityofwillcox.org/

Last edited:
I've looked at NH, NC and FL. I've come down to NH or FL, since NC seems to becoming very liberal due all the moonbats that left here. Most of my family live in MA, so that will most likely keep me close.

NH - East Kingston/Kensington Area
FL - Not sure yet. Looking at Melbourne.

Time line 2 - 3 years.

No shit? Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer and will keep that in mind.

We're stuck here as long as my Wife's job holds out in Boston. But each trip up there and/or vacation in that area leads me to look around a bit to figure what towns to consider for when the time is right.

I really expect Obamacare to kill off her job (and profession) in medical research . . . it'll probably all go off-shore when Obamacare kicks in. When that happens the entire forum will know that we are "house shopping" in NH.

Left MA for FL, only lasted 3 years, came back home to NH. FL was not as good as I expected. Too much crime, too much summer. You'd be surprised how much you can miss snow when you don't see it for years and years. Met some really good folks in FL (and some real as*holes), but on the whole, we are a heck of a lot happier in NH, the 6 feet of snow so far notwithstanding.

Back
Top Bottom