• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to find needle tip oil bottle locally?

Im looking to find a bottle like the one below locally, anyone know where to find them?

895165.jpg

Ask a medic or dentist for a syringe . They use non sharp ones for flushing things. They are easier to aim than the one in the pic and they are free. I use them for squirting liquids inside of locks etc.

Any DE LEOs here that could clarify that for the community?

Ask a medic or dentist for a syringe . They use non sharp ones for flushing things. They are easier to aim than the one in the pic and they are free. I use them for
squirting liquids inside of locks etc.

in some states it's not legal to posses a hypodermic needle (alone or attached to a syringe) unless you have a medical need and prescription for self-injections.
Just was watching TV last night and the issue came up in one of the episodes of 'LE show'. Makes me wander about MA stance on the ownership of the above items which could be classified as potential 'drug paraphernalia' in some cases.

Im looking to find a bottle like the one below locally, anyone know where to find them?

895165.jpg

I was myself wondering the same. My idea was using large ones (restaurant ketchup/mustard size) with a longer thicker 45 degree bent spout to flash bores after corrosive surplus.
so far i was only able to find one below which is not exactly what i had in mind but better than finagling with funnel.

DSCN2090.JPG

i've seen them in use by machinist squirting cutting/cooling fluid manually into cutting area. i know they are available exactly as described I just don't know what the damn thing called to Google it. any one knows it's 'correct' name?

Last edited:
in some states it's not legal to posses a hypodermic needle (alone or attached to a syringe) unless you have a medical need and prescription for self-injections.
Just was watching TV last night and the issue came up in one of the episodes of 'LE show'. Makes me wander about MA stance on the ownership of the above items which could be classified as potential 'drug paraphernalia' in some cases.

A piece of aluminum foil can be drug paraphernalia. Totality of circumstances - Keep it full of oil and in your tool box and I doubt you'll have a problem.

Hes not talking about hypodermic needles. Hypodermics are sharp and designed to pierce skin. He is looking for syringe applicator. These are not the same thing.

Hes not talking about hypodermic needles. Hypodermics are sharp and designed to pierce skin. He is looking for syringe applicator. These are not the same thing.

i'm aware of that. that's why i had hypodermic needle underlined to acknowledge the difference. just looking out for peeps who might be compelled to just go and grab ANY kind of needle and might get themselves into a lot of trouble (potentially).

A piece of aluminum foil can be drug paraphernalia. Totality of circumstances - Keep it full of oil and in your tool box and I doubt you'll have a problem.

i agree with the foil example. but IMHO needles (same as crack pipe) is in whole different category of it's own since beside legal use it has only one other type of use that can be not so legal. while foil is an every day use item needles are not. how many people keep those in their kitchen cabinets?

BTW speaking of kitchen cabinets. I just remembered that I actually have a huge 40cc syringe with a 1/8'' thick needle to inject flavor into turkey etc.
those are sold at supermarkets and perfectly legal due to it's ridiculous size and thickness of the needle.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you consider Spencer local but I happen to have pretty much the exact thing you are looking for...your welcome to have it.

Not that it matters since hypodermic needles aren't very good for this application but anyone over 18 can buy them from a licensed pharmacist with proof of age (18+). This law was passed so that druggies wouldn't reuse or share needles since they'd be able to buy them legally without a prescription. Possession of hypodermic syringes isn't regulated either but you can be busted if illicit material is inside the needle.

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXV/Chapter94c/Section27

Last edited:
Not that it matters since hypodermic needles aren't very good for this application but anyone over 18 can buy them from a licensed pharmacist with proof of age (18+). This law was passed so that druggies wouldn't reuse or share needles since they'd be able to buy them legally without a prescription. Possession of hypodermic syringes isn't regulated either but you can be busted if illicit material is inside the needle.

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXV/Chapter94c/Section27

that's exactly kind of answer that answers it.
thank you.

I bought a brand new one from North Shore Firearms filled with oil for about 5 bucks.

You Do It electronics also has empty ones.

Craft stores such as Michaels will have the small bottle, I've purchased them there myself. The needle has a luer lock adapter and is press fit on the bottle top. Syringes/needles shouldn't be too hard to come by. If you acquired a syringe it would be easy to grind off the point.

Craft stores such as Michaels will have the small bottle, I've purchased them there myself. The needle has a luer lock adapter and is press fit on the bottle top. Syringes/needles shouldn't be too hard to come by. If you acquired a syringe it would be easy to grind off the point.

This. I have a bunch that I use for my firearms and got them from Michaels, both bottles and syringes with the luer lock tips.

Back
Top Bottom