Where do you get your news? Who can we trust?

UFO

The top story at Fox News is Seattle, I am sure you've all heard about anarchists taking over a precinct.
The top stories at CNN are about Trump and the Confederacy and the FLOTUS and her prenup. Nothing about Seattle.
BBC.com/US New is good mix of current topics. Boston.com , the usual...

I feel like my country is coming apart, there is a desperate need for respected leadership and we have no respected journalists.

....As if turning to an internet forum is gong to make me feel better [wink], but thought I'd ask where people go for news.

Citizensfree press, whatfinger and The Liberty Daily. Also Drudge so I can the left side of the stories as well. I do not watch any local news or cable news. I only read the stuff so I can skim and get the gist of the story. I could never sit through somebody talking anymore. I just hate the "news " too much. I do not even know what is going on locally anymore. Once I am retired I will become completely ignorant of what is going on in the world. I will be living in the middle of nowhere and I will see you coming from a mile away :)

Wall Street Journal is about as unbiased as you’ll find. But you have to pay for it. For free news, CBS News slightly biased left, but overall pretty good.

BBC and NPR do quality journalism for the most part, but are biased. As long as you take that into account when assessing what they say, they’re pretty good sources.

Mostly from here but also Whatfinger and Bongino websites. I used to read Drudge but that site has gone off the rails.

Wall Street Journal is about as unbiased as you’ll find. But you have to pay for it. For free news, CBS News slightly biased left, but overall pretty good.

BBC and NPR do quality journalism for the most part, but are biased. As long as you take that into account when assessing what they say, they’re pretty good sources.

I’ll also add that Vice News can be really in depth. Their coverage of the Russian annexation of Crimea and the Donbass conflict are stellar compared with the drivel coming out of mainstream media.

Vice News is willing to do the dangerous on scene reporting and investigative journalism that used to be somewhat common before most news organizations started following CNN’s lead in half-assed journalism.

WSJ, though it has become like two different publications. The news section frequently leans left. The opinion pages and comments below the news are more balanced. Comments were gold as they would call out the journalist, augment the story with details that were conveniently left out. Unfortunately they've recently started moderating comments with some disgusting bias. The things you say will be unpublished pending a moderator's review but very unevenly across ideologies. Hope the cancer doesn't spread.

Journalists on Twitter with first hand video are more reliable than any of the garbage on TV.
I've started questioning everything and corroborating with peer-to-peer journalism like Twitter. Several trusted YouTube channels re: 2A and social issues as well.

NES and one other financial forum seem to be pretty decent aggregators for me. No way anyone can pick one single source and expect to be well informed. 4chan is also a source of info that you wont see coming from a lot of more mainstream places, theres just a mountain of shit that you have to wade through to get it. Practically zero censorship, worldwide users from all over the political spectrum. Just have to have a high tolerance for shitposts and a large supply of salt grains on hand.

I go straight so celebrity twitter accounts, honestly I don't know how any human being can form an opinion without first having it filtered through a bunch of out of touch multi-millionaires that live sequestered in walled in private estates in upscale neighborhoods surrounded by armed bodyguards.

That was sarcasm incase anyone can't identify it when they see it.

I'll add another cable channel, NewsMax. They also have an app, Newsmax TV and Web.
The Howie Carr Show is featured in part daily. Chris Salcedo does a very good news block as well.
Spicer & Co. is pretty good too.

The top story at Fox News is Seattle, I am sure you've all heard about anarchists taking over a precinct.
The top stories at CNN are about Trump and the Confederacy and the FLOTUS and her prenup. Nothing about Seattle.
BBC.com/US New is good mix of current topics. Boston.com , the usual...

I feel like my country is coming apart, there is a desperate need for respected leadership and we have no respected journalists.

....As if turning to an internet forum is gong to make me feel better [wink], but thought I'd ask where people go for news.

The country IS coming apart,......... under the weight of its own ignorance.......the first to go ( and it's happening currently) will be all the democrat( communist) controlled shithole cities, then all the worthless, virtue signalling, white guilt ridden suburbs.
Rural America doesn't buy into all this bullshit.....they're too busy feeding the country and half the world. When the bullshit is brought to their areas, their fields will become much greener.

Everything in the news ( all sources) has some kind of an agenda. Their broadcasts are for the weak minded and intellectually lazy.

Back
Top Bottom