Where do I order FA-10 forms from?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Now that I have my C&R FFL I will be needing to get a supply of these forms. Can someone direct me to where I would order these from?

I appreciate the help. Thanks

Easiest source for FA-10 forms is your local police department, or any police dept. you happen to be near. They all should have them.

READ - They SHOULD all have them.

I've yet to be able to get one at North Attleboro or Attleboro, both direct me to Ted. Which the dealer FA-10 is not the same and dealers actually pay a printing fee.

Plainville has only had them once of all the times that I've checked.

I went to Plymouth and they only had two, he gave them both to me as I was doing a trade. I went back about a month later and they didn't have any more..

So, I called the CHSB and told them that I needed them. They asked how many, I said 4 or 5 and they sent me about 10.

Go to Wrentham. There is a stack of FA-10s and F 25/26s by the dispatcher's bunker.

You can also go to the source: the FRB.

OH, and thanks for the Wrentham Tip...I don't know why I never thought to check that place out...my wife's, brother's, wife's father is a Wrentham Fireman. He can just go over and pick me up some...

Or I could drive my lazy ass over there and get them...as I drive by there several times a month.

Thanks everyone for the information. I was asking because I went to my town's police department and they didn't have any and I need 3. Wasn't sure if you could just buy 10 or 20 somewhere.

I'll give the FRB a call.

FWIW ............. The official response from Town of Sharon PD when asked for FA10 forms ............. "The Chief has a policy of not giving those out" [crying]

On the brighter side, after driving over to Walpole, the kind grey haired, afgan knitting lady dispatcher said .......... "How many of those would you like Sweety" [smile]

FWIW ............. The official response from Town of Sharon PD when asked for FA10 forms ............. "The Chief has a policy of not giving those out" [crying]
Bet he doesn't give out ALP's, either. [rolleyes] Probably time to start lobbying the Sharon town council to replace that guy...

On the brighter side, after driving over to Walpole, the kind grey haired, afgan knitting lady dispatcher said .......... "How many of those would you like Sweety" [smile]

The Sharon chief also "has a policy" of demanding "letters of reference" and/or doctor's letters, as well as interrogating you about whay guns you have, why, where stored, where shot, how much ammo, how/where stored, etc., then putting all that unauthorized info in the Sharon PD computer.

As for warm, fuzzy Walpole, that town also demands letters - several of them, on business letterhead - and tells applicants they can't apply more than 2 months before expiration (show me THAT in Chapter 140) and that they shouldn't have an both an FID card and an LTC (show me that, too).

Plenty of people in Sharon have received LTC-A/ALP. At one point he wasn't and then he was, I don't know how the wind is blowing this week! Sounds like he needs a refresher course.

The policy on not giving out FA-10s is also something that is likely "changeable". However, it won't surprise me if he ran out of them and just won't bother re-ordering them from CHSB.

Last edited:
Go to Wrentham. There is a stack of FA-10s and F 25/26s by the dispatcher's bunker.

You can also go to the source: the FRB.

There was a time when you could go right into Chelsea and pick some up from the receptionist in the main lobby, but those days are gone. Last time I went there, they had no idea what I was asking for and had to call upstairs to the FRB. I was told they no longer give FA-10 forms out and to get them from my local PD.

I have picked up FA10's from both Bellingham and Franklin. Both places I asked for a FA10 form and got the same response, "What's that". I don't actually expect them to know what it is. I just tell them they are for the sale, loss or registration of firearms.

I have not yet bought a gun under the new MIRCS (spelling?) system, but doesn't it print out a form? If so, which one is it?

I have not yet bought a gun under the new MIRCS (spelling?) system, but doesn't it print out a form? If so, which one is it?

MIRCS is for LICENSING; not firearms transfers. You should get a printed copy of the submitted app when you apply. Note that this does NOT mean you shouldn't have a fully completed app with you for the officer to take the answers from.

As the FA-10 is a 3-part, carbonless form, it is not going to be printed out.

MIRCS is for LICENSING; not firearms transfers. You should get a printed copy of the submitted app when you apply. Note that this does NOT mean you shouldn't have a fully completed app with you for the officer to take the answers from.

As the FA-10 is a 3-part, carbonless form, it is not going to be printed out.

I know about MIRCS for licensing, that was how I did my renewal two months ago. But when you buy a gun from a dealer using the thumbprint scanner, doesn't the computer print something out? Maybe it's the 4473???

(I'd call my FFL and ask him but he's closed today.)

Last edited:
Just found this explanation of the MIRCS system:

http://www.findbiometrics.com/Pages/feature articles/mass-firearms.html

According to this article MIRCS does have a place in FFL transfers, not personal transfers.

Yet.

The second part of the MIRCS program applies to the retail gun dealers. When a person wants to purchase a firearm, he or she must produce a valid License to Carry a Firearm.

Under the MIRCS program, the purchaser will have to have his/her fingerprint checked to verify his/her identity and license status.

Last edited:
From another list. This information is dated, and may no
longer be accurate.

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003
Subject: FA-10 Update

Folks:

Here's the deal on the FA-10.

The good people at the Firearms Registration Board are no longer supplying blank FA-10 forms.

So you have to send $45.00 to: G&G Printing
214 Andover Street
Wilmington, MA 01887
(978)657-7001

They will send you 100 forms for your $45.00 by next day UPS.
That's $0.45 a form folks. I'm ordering my 100 forms today. At least I won't have to beg forms from the local PD
and the FRB anymore.

Can LTC renewal forms be far behind?

NOTE BY LENS-MOD: This info and charge is intended for MA DEALERS ONLY. MA Consumers DO NOT have to pay for the forms and get them from CHSB or the local PD!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's all a bunch of bullshit...If anyone needs a few, let me know and I'll send you some. The Burlington PD leaves them out in the open all the time.

Greycar posted the info FOR DEALERS! They also printed the FFL's shop info on these forms for them.

For CONSUMERS, there is NO CHARGE and we get them from CHSB, not the printer!

Greycar posted the info FOR DEALERS! They also printed the FFL's shop info on these forms for them.

For CONSUMERS, there is NO CHARGE and we get them from CHSB, not the printer!

Exactly. I have NEVER been denied FA-10s by the FRB, which has sent me as many as I asked for (3-5 at a time), without delay. This goes back as far as the "blue cards."

The policy on not giving out FA-10s is also something that is likely "changeable". However, it won't surprise me if he ran out of them and just won't bother re-ordering them from CHSB.

According to some town officials who spoke with the chief, this appears to have been a "dispatcher" thing and not the official policy of the chief. I have been assured that they have plenty of forms and the dispatcher should give them to anyone who asks for them.

The Sharon chief also "has a policy" of demanding "letters of reference" and/or doctor's letters, as well as interrogating you about whay guns you have, why, where stored, where shot, how much ammo, how/where stored, etc., then putting all that unauthorized info in the Sharon PD computer.

I had a similar experience with the Acton PD (I work in Acton). I went in looking for a couple of FA-10's for a trade that I was doing with a guy from my club. I was told to come back in an hour, the person that handles that is at lunch. When I came back, I met with an officer (I think he was a Lieutenant but I'm not sure). He didn't want to give me the forms until I showed him my LTC and told him why I wanted them, what I was trading, for what, and with whom. I took back my LTC, thanked him for his time, and left without the FA-10's.

I stopped at my local PD later that day and the dispatcher gave me a stack of them and told me to have a nice day.

Well, I can attest that Sharon PD has plenty of forms as of today. Just stopped in there and asked the dispatcher . . . her answer was "how many do you want?" and I walked out with a handful.

No matter where you go, just ask for "Firearms Transfer (or Registration) Forms" and they should know what they are. If you ask for "FA-10s", they aren't likely to understand what you need.

I ordered some from CHSB and got them today. The CHSB guy did remind me about the 4 outgoing transfers a year limit but I didn't mind.

Back
Top Bottom