Where can I buy a large gun safe in store?

DMX

I'm looking for a locker style gun safe that'll hold a few long guns and pistols I don't want something huge but I also don't want something so small I'd have to replace after a couple years as my collection grows. The thing is I really want to be able to see it in person before I buy it. I was in NH a few days ago at Shooters Outpost and they don't really have what I'm looking for but that's where I realized the safe I planned on buying online isn't actually big enough (I saw a similar model there).

Is Shooters outpost the only place that has gun safes/lockers on display? Also, is Shooters Outpost the largest gun store in this area? My budget is around 600. I'm willing to drive, any store suggestions?

Dicks Sporting goods has a nice selection and even in Ma. you do not pay sales tax on safes. Four Seasons has some in stock too.

Riley's also has gun safes in Hooksett. Affordable Lock stocks Liberty Safes but they're for delivery only last I checked. They are in Nashua. Also any TSC carries basic Winchester and Canon safes.

Cabelas has a great locker for $200-$300 that has two doors; a large one for long guns, a small one with shelves for pistols/ammo/etc.

I believe it's a Stack-On and it's pretty small. Only thing that's odd is the two doors aren't keyed alike.

Where are you located?
I may have the same size you're looking for..

I bought it at Boston Lock and Safe in Brighton.
Good guys over there.

Big Discount for cash and carry out..

This one holds rifles and a couple of shelves at the top for other stuff.

I took out the rifle rack and made it all shelves inside.
61d780594dc024be0b780eb62bcb58eb.jpg

a198466acf194b5b78fcfd03a9bb3faf.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

$600 gets you a decent Winchester brand safe at Tractor Supply. They will have several on display & IMHO Tractor Supply is a much better option than Dicks.

On mine, it's good quality. It was on show room floor for like $1150 but when I said u would take it for cash and take it in my truck myself..they offered me $675.
I would have never suspected they would offer me that kind of discount.

Where are you located?
I may have the same size you're looking for..

I bought it at Boston Lock and Safe in Brighton.
Good guys over there.

Big Discount for cash and carry out..

This one holds rifles and a couple of shelves at the top for other stuff.

I took out the rifle rack and made it all shelves inside.
61d780594dc024be0b780eb62bcb58eb.jpg

a198466acf194b5b78fcfd03a9bb3faf.jpg

I'm in Lynn, MA but I'm thinking maybe even a little bigger than that.

Still give them a call. They have a ton on their show room and can order anything for you.

Rileys has a ton of safes. Or cabelas.

FYI if you don't know safes are tax exempt in mass

To be honest I'm looking for something no bigger than this spot in my pictures because this is where I plan on putting whatever safe I get. I live in a apartment and this is really the only place I could put it lol

6e432335a97e681ec25d9d9636b68197.jpg

9cf4ece2643cbbedc5213698a59219f3.jpg

523dda22b3987061b5ee293e6782b4df.jpg

Last edited:
I guess it's doable depending on the manufacturer.

Mine above in the pics is 18w x16d x55

I just bought this safe today at Tractor Supply on sale until April 2nd for $650.00 - regular price is $700.00. It's great for my needs and price point as I cannot justify spending over $1,000.00 to store my firearms. The model number is Winchester TS-22-BLK and is supposed hold up to 26 long guns and 4 pistols but you can configure the shelving in a number of different ways to accommodate your requirements. It has a pretty good fire rating of 45 minutes at 1,700*F.

Overall dimensions are 59" H x 30" W x 22" D. Remember what the wise, old Chinese man said - "You can always make the big wok small, but you can never make the small wok big..." Buy a bit larger than you think you need right now because you will most likely need the space in the future!

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...-granite-safe-with-lighted-ul-electronic-lock

Winchester TS-22-BLK, 26 Gun Safe

Rifle or hand gun?
I use mine for just hand guns and ammo. And holds a lot..
But for just rifle this insert claims to hold 10 barrels..
dba0dc0620944bfe7f16a25b23b644f2.jpg

Rifle or hand gun?
I use mine for just hand guns and ammo. And holds a lot..
But for just rifle this insert claims to hold 10 barrels..
dba0dc0620944bfe7f16a25b23b644f2.jpg

I think I might get something like yours, I don't own any rifles at the moment but I might get 1 or 2 long guns; I'm not sure yet because I really don't want any Massachusetts Mickey Mouse versions of real rifles [emoji58]. I'm sure I'll always have more pistols than rifles so..

I'm going to check out tractor supply tomorrow to see what they have.

Using the model number of mine,
Looks like they make a 24x18
Holds 8 or 16 rifles depending on your use of the center divider.
6cbf577bd2c319c36a6b1ca1425adc4b.jpg

788669a93a80716a0254c16b8abbe6a8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom