Where can I buy a large gun safe in store?

Does anyone have any idea which tractor supply has the largest selection? There are quite a few around but the closest to me is the Ipswich location..

Does anyone have any idea which tractor supply has the largest selection? There are quite a few around but the closest to me is the Ipswich location..

Tractor supply Ipswich has the Winchester TS-15 (24" wide). Note that the TS-22 mentioned by FrankNA above is 30" wide; according to the TSC catalog, it's also there.
The last time I was in, they had a bunch of safes (don't know how many that means) in a cluster in the middle of the store.

Also Tractor Supply.

This! Got both my safes there for great deals.

- - - Updated - - -

They all have about the same selection. Mostly the Winchester brand. If you are just looking for a basic safe and are not too fussy they'll have what you need for less than anyone else.

The capacity ratings on gun safes has to be done by the same people who rate tent capacities. Have you ever tried to camp with 4 people in a 4 man tent?

However I have come up with a handle formula for both. Take the capacity claimed divide by two then subtract 1. Therefore a 12 rifle safe will actually comfortably accommodate 5 rifles. [smile]

Tractor supply Ipswich has the Winchester TS-15 (24" wide). Note that the TS-22 mentioned by FrankNA above is 30" wide; according to the TSC catalog, it's also there.
The last time I was in, they had a bunch of safes (don't know how many that means) in a cluster in the middle of the store.

I was just at TS Ipswich. They now have only 4 on display - The Winchester TS-15 and TS-22, and 2 Cannons (the 80 and probably the 64).

I was just at TS Ipswich. They now have only 4 on display - The Winchester TS-15 and TS-22, and 2 Cannons (the 80 and probably the 64).

I didn't end up going today but tomorrow I know not to go to the ipswich location, thanks.

Where are you located?
I may have the same size you're looking for..

I bought it at Boston Lock and Safe in Brighton.
Good guys over there.

Big Discount for cash and carry out..

This one holds rifles and a couple of shelves at the top for other stuff.

I took out the rifle rack and made it all shelves inside.

I also bought an AmSec from Boston Lock and Safe and was very satisfied.

Just my opinion, but if you're buying a Chinese built safe at a box store you're only buying the illusion of security. It's great to keep your kids out, but that's all. If that's all you're trying to do, buy a locking steel cabinet. If you want a real safe, I can't recommend Eastern Security Safe Company enough.

http://easternsecuritysafe.com/

Just my opinion, but if you're buying a Chinese built safe at a box store you're only buying the illusion of security. It's great to keep your kids out, but that's all. If that's all you're trying to do, buy a locking steel cabinet. If you want a real safe, I can't recommend Eastern Security Safe Company enough.

http://easternsecuritysafe.com/

I'm fine with the locker, I'm not worried about burglars, I'm just trying to comply with the law.

Last edited:
It resulted in my blind grandfather loosing a tooth and me going to court for 2 months.
Were you charged with something, or did you sue?
I'm sure they'd want to know what was in a thousand pound safe if i had one
If they had a warrant you would have no choice. If they did not have a warrant and you refused, the appropriate procedure would be for them to secure the scene to prevent tampering while they got an almost always issued warrant.

Was it a warrant search, a hot pursuit/exigent circumstances entry or badge immunity entry?

Last edited:
I just purchased a big boy safe at eastern security in mendon mass they claim to be the largest gun safe dealer in New England! They have tons of safes on sale there. Here's some photos for reference I'm 6' 5" The sad part is that i only have a couple guns and that holds over 50... i am easily persuaded on the bigger models.

d3613f9be89c8275ccc040aba30bbece.jpg
235a9115184aa62006c155aaabd88cb8.jpg
e783582584067cdf5daa1aa102660b56.jpg
84b19a157d52b8f7c2577a595ce0fe0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, they have safes on display there?

Nice, they have safes on display there?
A metric s-load. They also deliver from their inventory, it's not a "look at it here and we will add our profit to a drop shipper's price" operation.

They are not Walmart - they do not have a business goal of driving down prices. You will find them competitive on pricing, but unlikely to be a better deal. Their delivery prices are steep, but they are good and make it look easy. The combo change fee for a mechanical lock ($50) is excessive for 10 minutes of work.

Finally, unlike some vendors, they understand there is no MA sales tax on gun safes.

Last edited:
How many times was Eastern mentioned in this thread? You will not find more gun safes on display in any store that I'm aware of. Period. End of story.

Jesus, there's nothing there for less than 1,000 I'll check them out but I doubt they'll have the cheap crap locker safe I'm looking for lol

Last edited:
Jesus, there's nothing there for less than 1,000 I'll check them out but I doubt they'll have the cheap crap locker safe I'm looking for lol

You wrote safe. Did you really mean a sheet metal box with a lock or two? Are you looking for fire protection of just meeting the minimum requirements for the storage laws?

Tractor Supply near me always has a handful of safes in various sizes. I haven't looked carefully because I'm all set in that department but they have things from 12-64 gun sizes.

You wrote safe. Did you really mean a sheet metal box with a lock or two? Are you looking for fire protection of just meeting the minimum requirements for the storage laws?

Meeting the minimum requirements for storage laws.

Back
Top Bottom