• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When coyotes attack

This does not surprise me. I heard them howling all the time by the power lines out that way.

I couple years ago I had a neighbor roll up on me while I was walking my dog. She told me to carry a gun while I was walking her at night because she saw coyotes walking down our street recently. It was a bizarre conversation since I never talked to her before at any length. I was wondering "does she know I carry" and "this is an odd thing for an average citizen to say in Massachusetts" all while trying to keep a neutral face.

Sortakinda.

EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WWLP) – An advisory was issued on Saturday night by the East Longmeadow Police Department, to use caution when walking in the area of Birchland Park Middle School and Mapleshade Elementary School.

According to the East Longmeadow Police Department, it was reported that a resident was walking his dog, and was chased by two coyotes back to his home.

The East Longmeadow Police are advising all residents to be aware of the wildlife in their area.

I have a coyote that is tripping my security cameras morning noon and night.

Is it normal for a coyote to be out during the day?

Attachments

• coyote.jpeg.jpg
    coyote.jpeg.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 26
Yes, it is normal. Even for healthy adults. It is a common misconception that if you see a yote during the day it is sick, but that is not true.
Eastern Coyotes seen on my curtilage during the day come down with sudden-onset lead poisoning. (Daytime only until January 1st).
Yikes.

This was in my back yard Westford …probably looking for the deer

Attachments

• IMG_0333.png
    IMG_0333.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0331.png
    IMG_0331.png
    17.1 MB · Views: 33
I was in Lexington last night just a bit after sundown leaving my aunts house. A very healthy good sized Coyote walked out from between two houses and right under the streetlight across the street. Before I noticed it I was talking over my shoulder to my cousin who was a bit further behind me so the Coyote must have seen/heard us but there were zero f***s given and he just nonchalantly sauntered down the street. Looked like it was scoping out for any dog walkers or loose pets.

Sortakinda.

EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WWLP) – An advisory was issued on Saturday night by the East Longmeadow Police Department, to use caution when walking in the area of Birchland Park Middle School and Mapleshade Elementary School.

According to the East Longmeadow Police Department, it was reported that a resident was walking his dog, and was chased by two coyotes back to his home.

The East Longmeadow Police are advising all residents to be aware of the wildlife in their area.

And THIS is why I let coyotes walk. Every. Single. Time.

Having lived in EL for a couple years, I hope this coyote bites every resident (unless an NES Member, or the owner/staff of the single gun shop) and their pets.

And THIS is why I let coyotes walk. Every. Single. Time.

Having lived in EL for a couple years, I hope this coyote bites every resident (unless an NES Member, or the owner/staff of the single gun shop) and their pets.

I love this from the story....
Throw small stones or sticks towards them to try to scare them away,” said East Longmeadow Police Lt. Steven Manning.

Sounds good Steve. If I am running low on sticks and stones, how about small pieces of lead, less than a 1/2 wide? At about 1300 feet/second?

Scientists are still working to understand why coyotes are only going for the seals' heads, leaving their bodies behind, but believe it could have to do with the nutrition content of seal brains compared to other body parts.

Does that theory sound right to you? I would think a fatty seal would be pretty good to get a coyote through the winter.

I think they are zombie coyotes. This is how it starts....

Back
Top Bottom