• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's your favorite shop?

I made some good purchases at Four Seasons Also made a couple of nice purchases at Bay State Trading in Rehobeth. That's a nice shop too. Great customer service at both places. .

You're lucky they didn't call the cops for you illegally inquiring about firearms pre license. [rofl]

They did call the cops, but when their number shows up on caller ID, the cops ignore the call.

To the OP, for a noob, avoid Four Seasons (they're nice but just too busy) and go to Baystate or one of the others mentioned here. For rifle noob go to Northeast Arms.

If you want your head to explode, go upstairs at Shooters Outpost in Hooksett, NH, or go to like Tennessee and visit a gun shop.

Last edited:
Four Seasons, Minuteman Armament, Mass Firearms School, B&K. Up north I also like Riley's and Shooters Outpost.

FS - always has huge inventory and good prices

MFS - I always manage to get a real good deal on ammo there.

Pullman arms - Very good people down there, sadly I dont make it there enough

The Gun Parlor - Nice guys down there, they can be pricey though.

The one that can give me the best deal on the product I want at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

They did call the cops, but when their number shows up on caller ID, the cops ignore the call.

To the OP, for a noob, avoid Four Seasons (they're nice but just too busy) and go to Baystate or one of the others mentioned here. For rifle noob go to Northeast Arms.

If you want your head to explode, go upstairs at Shooters Outpost in Hooksett, NH, or go to like Tennessee and visit a gun shop.

Shooter's is ok to visit just to say you've been there but it's overrated in some ways.

In no particular order...

B&K
GFA arms tech
Gartman Arms
Four Seasons
Overwatch Outpost
Minuteman Armament
Pullman Arms

Patriot. I started going there because they're close by, but I've bought, sold, and traded guns with these guys and always came away happy.
They've gone far out of their way to help me, very good guys.

I like FS too, but it's always a mob scene when I can get there. I do check their online inventory often, maybe I'll find something I can't live without!

Heineken? FTS Pabst Blue Ribbon!

Here's my opinion--

4-Seasons? Fight club atmosphere. They have ok inventory, don't but back sheet and elect to sell to the WPD and charge you a premium for using a cc, and don't take amex. I have paid cash for 4 x firearms out of X.
That's inaccurate, Carl doesn't charge more for credit cards, he gives you 2% off for cash, check or debit card.....

In no particular order I am a fan of

Four Seasons
Baystate
Pullman

I noticed no one has mentioned Shawsheen firearms in Billerica. The store is pretty new, but Vinny is awesome, he is building his inventory but ammo prices are good and he is always up for good conversation. Ruger (dog) is usually around to add some cheer as well. I highly recommend stopping in.

For Ammo:

I have had good luck at Vizard's

That's inaccurate, Carl doesn't charge more for credit cards, he gives you 2% off for cash, check or debit card.....

It's all nut crushing semantics, the only difference is FS is up front about it, a lot of other shops are too.

Every shop "charges more for CC", it's just that some shops pocket the difference, others don't.

-Mike

Shooter's is ok to visit just to say you've been there but it's overrated in some ways.

Definitely, I don't go anymore, but as a noob it was fun to see and put your hands on all those scary free state handguns at once. But not being able to buy one there takes all the fun out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Guy lost all credibility with me when he uttered the name that shall remain nameless ..... [tinfoil]

He's a noob, how's he supposed to know?

My favs are Four Seasons for guns, Collectible Arms in NH for bulk ammo.
Don't forget about the NES classifieds- I've bought three guns, pistol and rifle mags and a ton of ammo from members!

Four Season has the selection and prices for sure....but I can't say that going there is any fun. Always crowded, three deep at every case...*almost* makes me not want to buy something ;-)

I always go to where i can get the best deal. In my case, it was The Collectors Gallery in Stoneham. My last purchase i was in the market for a P30sk and they had the best deal.

its always a good day to hit a bunch of shops and see what just went on the shelfs, i usually try to give steeve @ northeast arms my money tho.

These are the shops I like and why in no particular order.
Four Seasons: Price! The guys there have always been really nice, but it's far too busy to get that "sitting around nonsensing with strangers about guns" experience. If you want something common, they have it cheapest.
The Gun Parlor: Big badass new showroom. Great selection. Good prices, but certainly not as good as 4s. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
Minuteman Armament: Customer Service! You need a transfer, this is the spot. You need parts or a lower, this is the spot.
MFS: Good selection and prices. Knowledgeable staff (although sometimes disinterested). They offer try before you buy which is invaluable if you don't have a range membership or access to the guns you may want to try.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's all nut crushing semantics, the only difference is FS is up front about it, a lot of other shops are too.

Every shop "charges more for CC", it's just that some shops pocket the difference, others don't.

-Mike

I remember having this argument 30 years ago, when most gas stations still charged you different prices cash or credit, but other stores didn't. You simply can't convince people that they are paying extra for the credit card transaction whether they pay with cash or credit. And now that the same people are willingly paying 'service charges' for the luxury of buying items with all costs baked in, you can't convince them that paying $30 for a $100 concert ticket is effing idiotic. "But Free markets!!" Yeah, but price gouging.

I am a big fan of Patriot Arms in Ipswich. I have always had a pleasant experience buying firearms and ammunition from them. They were very helpful with a few questions I had about my WWI 1911. They were outstanding when I consigned a pistol with them.
I also like Four Seasons, and The Armory (both in Woburn, and I've done business with both of them on multiple occasions), but Patriot Arms is my first choice.

GFA ArmsTech

When I was waiting for my license I'd go in there a few times a month to kick the tires and Greg always had time for me. He answered every (noob) question I had and showed me everything in the store (probably twice). Since then I've bought 4 guns from him and it's always been smooth and easy.

Back
Top Bottom