What's your favorite shop?

DMX

I don't have my license just yet (waiting on that call or e-mail telling me to come pick it up..) but I'm sure you guys know that feeling of excitement and anticipation so what I've been doing in my spare time is going to gun shops and just window shopping; I've been to quite a few and just visited Collectors Gallery in Stoneham today. In my experiences in these shops I have to say, just going off staffs friendliness, overall look and feel of the shop and somewhat the selection, my favorite has to be Baystate Firearms in Peabody. I'm definitely buying my first gun from them; they where the only ones that made me feel welcome and greeted me like I been there 100 times and when I told them I didn't have my license yet they still went out of their way to take guns out and let me get a feel and talk to me about them.. I think the owner is a cop or retired cop and he was on his way out and stayed just to join in on the conversation between me and another staff worker and actually started taking guns out to show me when the other worker started working with other customers but anyways Northshore Firearms in Middleton probably comes in second even though when I mentioned I didn't have my license yet the person who was talking with me got kind of quiet..

but whats you guys favorite shop?

i live between four seasons and collectors so buy almost everything at those two shops.

.........but anyways Northshore Firearms in Middleton probably comes in second even though when I mentioned I didn't have my license yet the person who was talking with me got kind of quiet.
this thread might get sporting......[popcorn] (and my first time using pop corn guy)

The one I'm closest too at any give time. I've patronized a good dozen+ shops in the SE ma area in the last couple of years.

For prices, Four Seasons.

For good conversation, customer service and a welcome feel. Holliston Firearms

Overall positive experience (plus a chance to shoot at the range or take a class) Mass Firearms School

Honorable mention - Minuteman Armament (Too far for me to be a regular, but an awesome shop with awesome staff.)

IDC Firearms, great people, great prices, great gunsmith too. I wish they had more ammo in stock but that's my only gripe.

B&K in Natick. Brian is a great guy to deal with.

For bulk ammo, take a drive up to Merrimack, NH to Collectable Arms/619 DW Guns.

My Top 5 North Shore Shops, in order;

• The Armory Woburn
  • Four Seasons Woburn
  • Original Bobs Salisbury
  • Northeast Arms Peabody
  • Patriot Arms Ipswich

Honorable Mention;

• Pete's Gun Shop Adams They're always @ Wilmington with a huge selection
  • Baystate Firearms Peabody Been there once, seemed like nice guys. This is where Dawn from Four Seasons landed.

The rest;

• The guys at Collectors are nice enough though they always seem depressed.
  • Never been able to hit it off with Northshore

Last edited:
Collectors in Stoneham is a great store to poke around in, there's all kinds of interesting stuff there. I hope you went upstairs and checked out everything up there! They also have some great deals on used guns and are willing to negotiate. Don't be afraid to ask for something you're looking for too, no matter how obscure. There's a lot of goodies in the drawers behind the counters.

Baystate is excellent as well and yes it is run by a Lynnfield PO. All great guys there too. Check out Glenn's Ammo in North Reading too, its just north of Walmart.

And don't rule out Next Level in Salem, NH and Patriot Arms in Ipswich. Both are worth the drive.

Patriot Arms in Ipswich
Four Seasons in Woburn
Northeast Arms in Peabody

All are excellent.

The old thread from years ago about how bad some shops sucked was much more fun!

Chris

I see a lot of Four Seasons and I want to say it's because of the prices?.. When I went in there the customers and staff gave me weird looks and I felt like I didn't belong there. Maybe because I had brand new Jordan's on my feet and didn't look like the typical "gun guy" [rolleyes] I got the same kind of vibe in Collectors Gallery.... But in Four Seasons that didn't stop me from taking a look at what cases weren't blocked by customers. I will give it to the older, heavier gentleman that was there though because we actually did exchange a few words even though it was partly due to the fact I was looking at a case he just so happened to be standing directly in front of so we were practically facing each other. They definitely need a bigger shop with more breathing room, I really hate that about some of these spots; I can't even bend over to look at a gun in a case because I might knock over a shelf of ammo.

Four Seasons for price, ammo, sundries, handguns. B&K in Natick for shop talk, milsurps, shotguns.

Northshore Firearms in Middleton probably comes in second even though when I mentioned I didn't have my license yet the person who was talking with me got kind of quiet..

but whats you guys favorite shop?

You're lucky they didn't call the cops for you illegally inquiring about firearms pre license. [rofl]

Heineken? FTS Pabst Blue Ribbon!

Here's my opinion--

4-Seasons? Fight club atmosphere. They have ok inventory, don't but back sheet and elect to sell to the WPD and charge you a premium for using a cc, and don't take amex. I have paid cash for 4 x firearms out of X.

Gun Parlor- dodgy location, shockingly awesome inventory, takes amex, and and and and

Kulas customs is my favorite all the guys and girls there are awesome. I frequent lots of shops but that's my favorite.

I see a lot of Four Seasons and I want to say it's because of the prices?.. When I went in there the customers and staff gave me weird looks and I felt like I didn't belong there. Maybe because I had brand new Jordan's on my feet and didn't look like the typical "gun guy" [rolleyes] I got the same kind of vibe in Collectors Gallery....

There's cranky people working in both shops but don't let that put you off.

Bob's Gun & Archery in Webster. Great guy, always pleasant and helpful (his mom and dad too) and how can you not love a place that when you hand them back a revolver, they polish it before putting it back in the case.

Also, First Defense in Uxbridge. Dennis doesn't take his customers for granted, says hi to everyone who comes in, his wife is big on politeness. Just ask if you can handle the rifles in the rack and you'll get a yes and thanks for asking first.

Last edited:
I see a lot of Four Seasons and I want to say it's because of the prices?.. When I went in there the customers and staff gave me weird looks and I felt like I didn't belong there. Maybe because I had brand new Jordan's on my feet and didn't look like the typical "gun guy" [rolleyes] I got the same kind of vibe in Collectors Gallery.... But in Four Seasons that didn't stop me from taking a look at what cases weren't blocked by customers.

FS is not for browsing. Know what you want ahead of time. Complete the 4473 online. Get there early with your elbows up. Pay cash. And get out.

Favorite shops:
Four seasons: Ammo and Handguns
Kula's Customs: Gunsmithing
Gartman Arms: Milsurp
Beacon Trading Post: Rifles that I want but can't afford.
Shooters Outpost: Reloading Supplies.

Four seasons but you need to know what you want. Kind of like when you order soup from the soup Nazi. Small shop with a lot of product and a line of customers. Not a knock on Four Seasons, all great guys, but very small, very busy shop. Great prices on almost everything, but no reloading supplies. If you know what you want and you time your visit you can make out well.

I also like Riley's and shooter's outpost when I have the time to make it up that way. Riley's in particular has really good prices on reloading supplies.

I also like Glenn's Ammo and Reloading in N. Reading. His prices are a bit higher than Riley's, but he's close and he's a great guy. He's also local and I like to support local when I can.

Always had great deals from both Mark at Shooting Supply in Westport MA and MassFireArms in Holliston.

For my Dillon goodies I head to Shooters Outpost in NH.

While out at Shooting Supply always worth a visit into Village Sports across the road.

Gartman Arms is always worth a visit, not the cheapest but interesting stock.

harry

Back
Top Bottom