What's your favorite shop?

My favorite shop when I was buying guns and ammo was Pack and Postal..Then the first panic hit(2006) and it was no longer a hidden gem.It got progressively worse from there.A new guy was hired to deal with the increased traffic and he priced everything according to a wholesale dealers book.No more bargaining and getting a smoking deal when buying a few thousand rounds.

I haven't been to every shop that has opened since the panics first started,but I like the Russian dudes shop in NH,can't remember the name though.

My favorite shop would be Kittery Trading Post. I frigging love that place. It's like Disney world for men. Locally, I always go to Blue Northern. They don't have an exceptional stock of firearms and ammo really, but the guys there are really cool to deal with.

yeah a lot of their stuff is overpriced

However as an example. If you are looking for Berry's Bullets you won't beat Shooter's price. I honestly don't know how they sell them so cheap. 9mm 124gr. RN is $90 for 1000 at Shooters and $105 at Rileys. $15 cheaper which adds up if you buying several thousand. In most cases Shooters ammunition prices are competitive.

Last edited:
Shooters Outpost Hooksett, NH

I can 2nd that one. That's a great shop. They generally have a full selection of every caliber. The only thing that irked me, but is probably warranted business wise, was that they only allowed x amount of boxes of ammo per person. This was a few years ago, though.

I can 2nd that one. That's a great shop. They generally have a full selection of every caliber. The only thing that irked me, but is probably warranted business wise, was that they only allowed x amount of boxes of ammo per person. This was a few years ago, though.

But that was only for a short time, back during the "great panic shortage" after Sandy Hook, etc etc... (although the way things have been going the past few weeks, plus the Barry and Hillary "White Men Can't Carry" movie premiere tour, we'll soon probably be seeing limits of "x number of ROUNDS" instead of boxes of them) ....

A few more mass shootings or cop executions and there'll be such an increased panic that the only 38s or 45s you'll be able to find will be on stage at the Golden Banana...

Just sayin' [emoji6]

But that was only for a short time, back during the "great panic shortage" after Sandy Hook, etc etc... (although the way things have been going the past few weeks, plus the Barry and Hillary "White Men Can't Carry" movie premiere tour, we'll soon probably be seeing limits of "x number of ROUNDS" instead of boxes of them) ....

A few more mass shootings or cop executions and there'll be such an increased panic that the only 38s or 45s you'll be able to find will be on stage at the Golden Banana...

Just sayin' [emoji6]

Yeah, I can't speak to things currently, but my experience was still pretty good. I think they even had some class III items available. IIRC

The only limits I have seen lately there is for 22. I forget the exact limit it is something like 500 rounds or 3 boxes. Honestly can't remember because I have been getting my 22 from Rileys which has had a good supply lately a few bucks cheaper than Shooters.

I know it's not in your area but Gartman is my go to south west of Boston and shooting supply in Westport for reloading. The difference is in the customer service. Both great shops with great staff.

Of note is Tim the gunsmith now working out of Gartman. Gave me an impromptu 1911 disassembly and assembly and operation lesson while I was in there today. Looking for something I can pay him to do lol.

The only limits I have seen lately there is for 22. I forget the exact limit it is something like 500 rounds or 3 boxes. Honestly can't remember because I have been getting my 22 from Rileys which has had a good supply lately a few bucks cheaper than Shooters.

when I was there a month or so ago they were still limiting 22 at shooters. Rileys did have the same one I was looking at for a couple of bucks less and no limits.

I don't buy much ammo as I reload almost everything I shoot, and buy usually at Riley's or Shooters and buy in quantity so I dont have drive there alot. In a pinch, I'll go to Cabelas, as most gun shops near me don't carry reloading supplies.

Guns...best price is online and transfer thru Pullman Arms as they never hassle me, even if they have the same gun in stock on the wall. I also have bought many things there over the years. I'd rather order online and transfer in local, then go to Woburn or wherever, as I'm never there and I hate going near Boston. It's usually less even with the fee. And tax free.

I've been hassled by other local shops who if they have the gun or can get the gun, won't transfer in from online, or try and charge me extra or something stupid, whatever, I'm not complaining, I understand certain policies, but I'm not doing any business with them either.

Greg @ GFA Arms Tec
Steve @ Northeast Arms
Jim & Carl @ Four Seasons.
Alicia @ Pullman.

All among the very best people in our lifestyle in this area and I cant say enough for each of their shops. They have all helped me, and will all always have my business and highest recommendations.

Bay state in rehoboth. Owner ex military, nice guy. Friendly place, not crowded.......and 5 miles from my house!! If I pay $25 more for a firearm......and avoid driving up north of Boston and standing in a cattle call line, happy dance!!

My least favorite gun shop is also the closest to me.40 bucks a transfer. The guys that work there for the most part are ok,but they don't set the prices. Can be a quandry sometimes.

I see a lot of Four Seasons and I want to say it's because of the prices?.. When I went in there the customers and staff gave me weird looks and I felt like I didn't belong there. Maybe because I had brand new Jordan's on my feet and didn't look like the typical "gun guy" [rolleyes] I got the same kind of vibe in Collectors Gallery.... But in Four Seasons that didn't stop me from taking a look at what cases weren't blocked by customers. I will give it to the older, heavier gentleman that was there though because we actually did exchange a few words even though it was partly due to the fact I was looking at a case he just so happened to be standing directly in front of so we were practically facing each other. They definitely need a bigger shop with more breathing room, I really hate that about some of these spots; I can't even bend over to look at a gun in a case because I might knock over a shelf of ammo.

Right before I got my LTC I was shopping around. Neither Four Seasons nor Collectors would let me even hold a handgun - though it is clearly legal.

And I'm old and white and look like a "Gun Guy" - I suppose.

Sooting Supply Westport Ma.
Amazing Super Store (Use promo code AG discount)

Last edited:
In MA it was Blue Northern or Four Seasons for me. Here's the thing, don't lurk. Go up and ask questions! Let them know you are new to guns and want some help. This process works best if you can go during off times.

Keep in mind that anytime a "clerk" sells you a gun they are signing that 4473. If you are giving off a weird vibe and they proceed the sale, they will be on the stand if you end up on trial.

Most of these "local" shops know their clients. The "eye" you are getting may just be the fact they don't recognize you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't shop at gun shop. The guns I want are not mass compliant. I get cheap ammo by shipping them to my brother's house in NH.

ODS Guns on the Cape in South Yarmouth.
Dan is a nice guy and there is no pressure while shopping.
I've had him order lots of stuff and it always went well!

ODS Guns on the Cape in South Yarmouth.
Dan is a nice guy and there is no pressure while shopping.
I've had him order lots of stuff and it always went well!
+1 ODS is awesome. ODS has good selection of revolvers, which are harder to find these days. AJs firearms in Acushnet is also a good shop.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom