whats with hunter in hunter hate

I just went out to check a few of my cameras i put of a few weeks ago. The were set back in a pretty secluded spot about 50 yards from my climbing tree. When i got to the first one i didnt see it right away, but as i got closer i found it face down in the dirt, both bunggies severed perfectly at the same spot... luckily they didnt find the others . This is my first experience with this and i think its pretty friggin lame. I suppose i should be happy they didnt take it or smash it. I can only assume the cutting and leaving it there was a message to me. Now im a little sketched out about using the spot i scouted and cut shooting lanes for opening day, i put a lot of effort into it. Is it common to have this stuff happen? Why cant people just respect other peoples stuff ? And by they way if the person who cut it down is reading this with a self satisfied smirk , My name is Rory and i live in the common of grafton... come on over and we can DISCUSS the in's and outs of PUBLIC land .. you dont own it and neither do I ... douche bag

Cause people are just natural A-holes, especially here in this crappy new england area!

Charles.

+1

I never seen so much hunting b.s. until I moved out here. Pisses me off and which is why I avoid hunting on public land when I can.

there is a lot of that I had a camera taken twice so I set up another one to watch that one and I caught the guy and got all them back. he was a 65 year old man who did not like hunting I did not press and charges but got all my stuff back so there is all lot of people that dont like hunting out there

Just be glad you weren't goose hunting at a church picnic. It comes down to if hunting is a big part of your life you are living in the wrong place.

there is a lot of that I had a camera taken twice so I set up another one to watch that one and I caught the guy and got all them back. he was a 65 year old man who did not like hunting I did not press and charges but got all my stuff back so there is all lot of people that dont like hunting out there

Yeah I was going to suggest it may not be hunter on hunter crime here. I would suspect many of these things happen because of the people who don't like hunters.

Joke. There was an incident last year where someone got in troublefor normal hunting in their usual place. I guess a church picnic heard or saw them. There was a thread here google will find the news story.

That's the nature of public land hunting. I learned that lesson last year when I had 2 cameras stolen and 2 others had the SD cards superglued in the slots... I now have a few more.

My new cameras have been in since the end of last season, ive got a pretty good idea of their winter patterns now for some late season hunting. I'm just lucky I got enough info on their travels during early fall before my cameras were violated.

I've taken out all of my cameras now, and won't step foot near my sets until the first day I can get out and hunt them.

Good luck, even if you think you got them hidden well...you really don't.

I have seen some BS while out Pheasant hunting in MA. I witnessed an old timer point his shotgun at another hunter over who shot a bird, that happened when I was 12 and my dad was like if someone ever does that just give them the bird. Life lesson # 213, a game animal is not worth losing a life over.

You should have pressed charges. "Pour encouragement les autres."

I just went out to check a few of my cameras i put of a few weeks ago. The were set back in a pretty secluded spot about 50 yards from my climbing tree. When i got to the first one i didnt see it right away, but as i got closer i found it face down in the dirt, both bunggies severed perfectly at the same spot... luckily they didnt find the others . This is my first experience with this and i think its pretty friggin lame. I suppose i should be happy they didnt take it or smash it. I can only assume the cutting and leaving it there was a message to me. Now im a little sketched out about using the spot i scouted and cut shooting lanes for opening day, i put a lot of effort into it. Is it common to have this stuff happen? Why cant people just respect other peoples stuff ? And by they way if the person who cut it down is reading this with a self satisfied smirk , My name is Rory and i live in the common of grafton... come on over and we can DISCUSS the in's and outs of PUBLIC land .. you dont own it and neither do I ... douche bag

So did the camera take a picture of the perp(s)?

What a douchey thing to do. Even if you don't like it, it is not your place to say it is or is not right(aimed at the other guy), leave things alone that do not belong to you!

...you would think people would try to AVOID pissing off the people who have a tendency to vanish into the trees with high powered rifles.

I had to get hunters out of my property before because they were at my back door. They threatened me, called me names and said they will be back.. they havent been back but i have been waiting..
It does seem they came back and stole a tree stand. But i cant watch my back yard all at one time.
Maybe they will leave you a photo so you can see who it is..

Who knows. But Id guess another hunter willing to drop a trail camera would have just taken the thing for themselves.
Welll either A : its an older hunter who doesnt need the camera and this is territorial pissing, or B its a douche Anti... but id think they would destroy my stuff ... either way they were cut down ... i feel like im probably encroaching on someone " private " public hunting spot ... in which case i should set my cameras up again and take my climber out there this weekend with my wrist rocket and a bag of marbles

- - - Updated - - -

So did the camera take a picture of the perp(s)?
no they cut it from behind ... unless im crazy and a chipmunk chewed a perfect cut across them

i think you have a 50 50 shot on if it is antis or another hunter! Unfortunately public or not there are people who feel the land they have hunted for the past 10 years is "there spot" and nobody is allowed to hunt it except them! I ran into this a few times hunting public land... This is what pushed me into private land...

I once had a guy tell me he had been hunting this property for many years and That he could only hunt on Saturday so he had limited time to hunt, and because of this it was his spot he didn't have time to hunt anywhere else to get his deer. So I was not welcome! I told him it was public, he told me there was plenty of other public land and to get out.... So as this guy did not seem stable I did.. However every chance I got I left smelly "deposits" around his stand!

If you are set to on hunting this spot as you should be after putting work into it. Try to set up a camera to catch the guy! However at the same time be prepared to find a stand on the tree next to yours on opening day and think how you will react to some one who already has no respect for others and there property..

If it is anti, again set up a camera. There are laws in place against harassment of sportsman and most epo's love to investigate that stuff!!! They are on your side in this case and they can be very helpful!

Finally I hate to say it but look for some private land its what I did and once I got a system down of how to work with land owners I got a lot of property to hunt!

My neighbor had a similar experience last year. Got his ladder stand smashed up because he was in "someone's spot" on public land. The epo got involved and caught and charged the guy involved.

Jim

once sunrise comes it's first come first served. Public means public

if someone is in a spot i like ill find another, if im in someones supposed "their spot" the tough shit. Get bent

My advice about hunting public land is don't be lazy!!
Most hunters will scout the open woods, find some sign, and set up shop. They wont put their boots through the grindstone. By that I mean do some serious trekking through the nastiest of nastys. You WILL find yourself all alone with no pressure from other hunters.

My neighbor had a similar experience last year. Got his ladder stand smashed up because he was in "someone's spot" on public land. The epo got involved and caught and charged the guy involved.

Jim

It is good to hear that an EPO was able to catch the vandal. IMO a lot of public land "spot" disputes would be resolved by only allowing climbers on public land.

My advice about hunting public land is don't be lazy!!
Most hunters will scout the open woods, find some sign, and set up shop. They wont put their boots through the grindstone. By that I mean do some serious trekking through the nastiest of nastys. You WILL find yourself all alone with no pressure from other hunters.

Very true. Learn where they go when the pressure is on and hunt the escape routes.

Bob

I'd certainly hope it isn't another hunter. More likely an anti, or a teenager with a knife and nothing better to do.

About all I as a hunter would do if I encountered another person's tree stand, etc., is piss under it, and set my stuff elsewhere...

LOL. I'd never really do that. (much)

I think flipping him off would just make him more mad.

I have seen some BS while out Pheasant hunting in MA. I witnessed an old timer point his shotgun at another hunter over who shot a bird, that happened when I was 12 and my dad was like if someone ever does that just give them the bird. Life lesson # 213, a game animal is not worth losing a life over.

The only deer hunting I've done so far is in a group of 3 or 4 friends. I haven't bought any trail cams or tree stands. 2 or 3 guys push and 1 sits, or 2 push and 2 sit. Either way, we have great spots picked out and we scared up plenty of deer last season. The only time we ran into other hunters not in our group, they were very friendly and we decided to all work as a team pushing a large area. Nothing came of it, but it was cool that no one got all territorial and pissy. They were there and we were there so we just worked together.

Back
Top Bottom