• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats the favorite handgun you guys personally own!

This guy for PPC matches, 686-4, 6" with some bells and whistles
MerkleEuroMaster1.jpg

Just one?

I've always found the S&W 3913 to be "More than the sum of its' parts."

And the Sig P220 is a remarkable firearm, if remarkable means easy-t-use, accurate, reliable and durable.

I like military M1911's, the civilian versions to me are like the difference between wives and strippers.

My favorite would be my newest purchase, a NIB 1996 Colt Gold Cup National Match Enhanced by Colt's Custom Shop. Sorry no pics yet.....

Right now my favorite overall gun I have is the HK USP 45 Tactical. It just shoots so damned nicely.

Favorite carry gun is my glock 20.

Smith wesson 686 357 mag....nothing fancy but i smile everytime i pull the trigger.

Colt Python..Rock River Bullseye Wadcutter.. and in March after 42 years I am getting back my dads 45 Colt Gold Cup that Alton Dinan worked on..

Carry-G36
Fun at the range-G21C (see pic to the left)

there are at least 3 guns people posted here, that I sold or traded to them! Damn I miss those now. [frown]

Last edited:
Don't feel bad, you're spreading the wealth!

Gotta go with XDM .40, 4.5" barrel. Nothing but buisness with that one and that makes it my favorite.

Changes all the time, but I keep coming back to s&w 686 and sig P220.

My SP101 has been climbing in the ratings though...that thing is one tough lil gun.

To be honest, I have a love affair with my full size Ruger SR9. I shoot it so well, it fits my hand, and even has a great trigger for a mass trigger as said above.

Those broom handle Mausers really get my blood pumping, that said they are far out of my price range.

Non-1911 favorite
S&W 66-2 SS .357 for revolver
#1 semi Beretta 92FS 9mm (just a great classic piece)
#2 semi Springfield XD Tactical 45acp

Sig 239

followed closely by M&P 45 (I know, the trigger is not all that great, but it's fun to shoot!)

Tough to say really. I've bought the ones I own to suit a particular purpose and/or to vary my collection. So it's hard to pick one.

The one that gets brought at the range the most is my X5 Competition. It's just too much fun.

W German sig 228 w/o rail with a preban 13rd mag. First gun I owned in 1989 and just reaquired one last week. Classic. Balanced. Just the right size. Ultra reliable. Just cool.

Para S-14 (made in Canada). Scored several pre-ban high caps years ago...put extenders on all of them - 16 rds of .45 ACP per mag. Gun runs flawlessly (I guess I'm one of the lucky ones...).

My favorite is a S&W model 57. Not a regular carry of mine, oddball ammo, previous owner beat up the outside a bit - but I love shooting the damn thing. Never going to be the one I use the most, but still my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom