• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's on your wish list?

DR said:
I just crossed one item off it (alloy Commander sized 1911).

What's left makes a pretty short list:
3 inch stainless K frame (65, 66, 64, or 67 in order of preference).
Coach gun of some variety. I'm still kicking myself for not snapping up a nice one I spotted last month at CCG.
S&W 41 to replace my High Standard Victor.
An AR is on the list but far down. I still haven't figured out quite what I'd do with one.

I'd like a Centennial style .357 Airweight but I don't believe such a beastie exists. I don't think the relative delicacy (not to mention the cost) of an Airlight is worth the weight saved. On the other hand an all steel version is a bit heavy for a pocket. Alloy frame and stainless cylinder is "just right" for me.

The S&W Model 340 (http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...selected=tech&isFirearm=Y&parent_category_rn=) is a Centennial .357 Airweight. There is no Bodyguard style .357 AirWeight (at least that which I am aware of).

I've got this on order:

Pro_Sx1.gif

But would like this as a matching pair:

ProLim.gif

dwarven1 said:
DR said:
I just crossed one item off it (alloy Commander sized 1911).
Conga-rats!!!

Thanks. It was an early birthday present to myself. The 1911 and I share a birthday so I figured it was the perfect time to get one.

dwarven1 said:
DR said:
An AR is on the list but far down. I still haven't figured out quite what I'd do with one.
I'm going out on a limb here, but... maybe you could shoot it? [rofl]

Funny guy. [slap] I waffle between a traditional A2 or A3 model and one of the super-light space guns. I know the real answer is just to buy them both. [wink]

Chris said:
I'm hoping my request for a larger safe will make the budget this year. I can probably fit a few more, but I hate having to crowd my babies.

Chris, as a buddy, a good buddy, I will solve all your storage problems.

Just give all those bulky, space-in-the-safe-robbing guns you don't want to me!

Hmm..

1) Home built 1919 semi
2) Garand (surplus)
3) Mil-surp 1911
4) F/A M2HB
5) F/A 1928A1 Thompson
5) F/A HK MP5
6) F/A Mac-10/11
7) M82A1 Barrett
8) Rem 700PSS
9) Druganov SVD <- BAD
10) 100k Rds of ammo for each :)

I know, expensive. But it is WISH list, right?

bterwilliger said:
Hmm..

1) Home built 1919 semi
2) Garand (surplus)
3) Mil-surp 1911
4) F/A M2HB
5) F/A 1928A1 Thompson
5) F/A HK MP5
6) F/A Mac-10/11
7) M82A1 Barrett
8) Rem 700PSS
9) Druganov SVD <- BAD
10) 100k Rds of ammo for each :)

I know, expensive. But it is WISH list, right?

I don't know if it would be wise to allow Sideshow Bob that much ordnance...

[laugh]

Well, when I finally turn 21, I plan on doing a bit of spending:

H&K USP .45
H&K Mark 23
S&W 1911
Berreta 92 Brigadier Inox
Sig P228/9
M1 Garand (CMP)
M1 Carbine
Springfield 1903
AR-15

uh-oh... have to add another .45 to my wish list. I tried a Para C745 yesterday at the range. Sweet!! I do like that LDA trigger.

*sigh*

anyone wanna buy a COP .357? It's turning into a safe queen...

Kalahari said:
Well, when I finally turn 21, I plan on doing a bit of spending:

M1 Garand (CMP)
M1 Carbine
Springfield 1903
AR-15

You might be able to start on these 4 at 18. I suggest you start with the M1 Garand or the 1903, before they run out of them.

How could I buy them at 18? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the minimum age 21? Unless you're talking about one of those C&R (is that it?) deals, which I'm admittedly unedcuated about.

Federal Law is 21 for Handguns, 18 for Rifles and Shotguns.

Mass Law I don't know, but, is likely the same.

And the M1 is C&R eligible, unless it's a new receiver, and I suggest buying a real M1. The 1903 and Carbine are as well.

Back
Top Bottom