What's next on your "want to purchase" list?

I've always wanted a preban AK47 but I need as much knowledge as I can get before I feel comfortable buying one. I've been reading on so many different forums and while there is a ton of info out there it is also very opinionated or biased by the owners of specific AK variants thus making it harder to make a decision what I should go after. I don't want a high end showpiece but I don't want a POS either.. it has to look decent and perform reliably.

Probably a mosin nagant or t53. Then maybe an m1 carbine or 10/22. Or maybe a SMLE or ishapore. Or a k31... decisions are hard to make...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

A carbine of some kind in 9mm. Ideally a sub2k that uses glock mags since I have plenty of those. The biggest thing holding me back is availability and concerns about reliability. Glock needs to come out with their own carbine.

Additionally, I'm pondering a rifle for 300+ yard shooting in 30-06. I have a Garand which I am starting to reload for, but I want something I can slap a scope on in the same caliber since I will reload for it. Thought about somehting in .308, but I think i'll stick with 30-06.

After shooting an AR today with a genuine Eotech on it, the Eotech might be high on my list. Too bad as a good friend used to work for L3 and offered to get me stuff at employee discount when she worked there . . . she's left that job however. Time to check out their LE discount. The Aimpoint batteries on my AR had died (and I didn't have spares with me) so my shooting buddy offered to let me shoot his AR with the Eotech.

Last edited:
After shooting an AR today with a genuine Eotech on it, the Eotech might be high on my list. Too bad as a good friend used to work for L4 and offered to get me stuff at employee discount when she worked there . . . she's left that job however. Time to check out their LE discount. The Aimpoint batteries on my AR had died (and I didn't have spares with me) so my shooting buddy offered to let me shoot his AR with the Eotech.

I <3 my eotech and so does anyone who shoots my tavor.

(not sure if you saw they are running a mail in rebate again on the eotechs.)

Yup, turns out that they offer an instructor discount as well. Trying to find that pricing info now.

Found that discount list. Pretty awesome pricing. Now to pick a model.

Last edited:
For the OP, I would suggest you consider an HK P30 or P30L. Since you are looking at a Sig the premium price of the H&K shouldn't be too much of an issue.

For me, I am thinking about a 1911. Have never owned or even shot one. Looking at the Ruger SR1911 and the Remington R1.

You wanna talk about making a "want to purchase" list...

A guy from another forum that I've bought, sold and traded with for a few years now sent me a message with photos of what he just recently picked up.

A fully functioning, transferable (of course) 1941 MP40 with several magazines and the original carry case. [shocked]

Dude, I cum'd.

Back
Top Bottom