Whats it worth? AR15

Hello, I have a Bushmaster AR15 model XM15-E2S (20" shown in photo). I would like to know what its worth in this market. I would like to sell it. I am planning on including the illuminated reticle scope ATN Model 5x33lu. This setup is extremely lightly used. I would estimte 500 rounds. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
AllGuns2.jpg

If it's pre ban, go higher. It pains me to say this as I would love to buy a pre bar AR for 1300.00. Research the classifides. Lots of ARs have been sold for more and those were post ban. If you want to be a sport, I'll take it now for a grand.[smile]

It's worthless, I'll take it off your hands for $50. [smile]

Seriously though if it's pre-ban(owned in MA prior to '94 AWB going into effect) it's quite valuable in MA. If it's post-ban less so. It'a worth at least $1200 regardless.

I'm not up on what pre-bans are going for so hopwfully someone can chime in with a better idea what pre-bans are worth.

If you call Bushmaster and give them the serial number thay can tell you when it was made.

Pre-Obama that gun was probably worth about $700-800 or so. Now with the panic buying, you could probably sell it for more than that.

-Mike

Right now? The guys at Four Seasons were telling people they could put their names on a wait list for an AR but it was looking like 6-8 months as of 2 weekends ago.
Lowers are now reasonably plentiful but it's tough to get an upper right now.

This means your rifle is worth whatever the market will bear.I'm sure that it's worth close to $1500 to the right person that wants an AR-15,right now,and is not willing to wait for the demand to slow down but that person is not me.Holder's rambling about a new AWB and not yet to mention this recent mass shooting in AL that according to CNN this evening was carried out by "an M-16 type rifle" are only helping fuel that.

Before November 5,that would have been a $750-800 gun.Now the A2 configuration is no longer cool but it's still an AR so I'm going to say about a grand even.I just looked at the FS used section and there's an AR-180 for $1100 and the Bushmaster is a better gun than that so reason from there.

$1,000.

After we all wrap this up, Citibank needs us to drop by to price some collateralized debt obligations.

A friend just bought an AR this past weekend.

Collapsable stock (pinned), a free floated handguard, flip up iron sights both front and back for $1450...(and he paid too much)

For a used rifle, standard handguards, in this strange time I would say 1200 and it would get picked up relatively easily. Not sure what the optic is worth.

Check gunbroker.

Sell the scope separately. You may turn off buyers looking for the rifle because of the scope if they don't want it.

It's worth about $700-800, however, with the market the way it is you might be able to get $1,00-1,200 or you could try to f*** someone and get $1,500 (not saying you would do this, just saying that you could).

In the next year or so, supply is probably going to catch up with demand (it's amazing that we are in depression and so many people can still by 1K rifles). At this point prices will either go back (or even below) pre-panic prices. The only problem is that we might have a new AWB by then.

For, me it's not worth the risk of selling either of my ARs to make a couple hundred buck profit and risk not being able to get another one.

Back
Top Bottom