WHATS IN YOUR BAILOUT BAG??????

Hey guys putting together my bailout bag thought I would see who else has put one together and what you have added to yours?

2ea223ff.jpg

d3df35d5.jpg

6865cb5f.jpg

Flintoid,

Thanks for the thought but could you please tell me how that would be used in a case where you would have to leave your home in a rush and protect yourself and love ones?

I'm not sure if you intended to or not, but you didn't really describe what's in yours. I see the pics, but you didn't really tell us anything.

a parachute

[laugh]

Henchmen, your bailout bag seems to be mostly boxed ammo. Any reason?

I keep a "bailout" kit in the trunk of the car. Surprisingly enough, there's almost no gun stuff in there. One full Glock mag, and that's it. The rest is stuff to keep me alive/mildly comfortable should I have to ditch the car for some reason -- like crashing it into a ditch on the side of the road, or having it break down. Nutritionally dense food, water, spare socks, warm gloves, watch cap, contractor bags (expedient shelter/poncho/put all my stuff into when a tow truck comes), cordage, zip ties, spare flashlight and batteries, lighter, matches. Eventually I'll get around to throwing a couple fusees in there. I also have (outside the bag) my spare winter jacket in there, as well as 2 sleeping bags.

Where are you planning on bailing out of? And where are you planning on bailing out to?

atmay,

Just started working on it right now. I just have it loaded up with mags and extra ammo right now. As they say most problems can be solved with the right amount of firepower.

Building the bag for natural disasters something to wear the system fails and things really go south can't always pick up the phone and ask for help. Have some zip-tie,rope,tools,light going to add food and water too it and a space blanket and some other items.

That bailout bag looks like by range bag on the way home. [smile]

I'm also surprised no one jumped on mentioning tactical bacon yet... [rolleyes]

images

atmay,

Just started working on it right now. I just have it loaded up with mags and extra ammo right now. As they say most problems can be solved with the right amount of firepower.

Building the bag for natural disasters something to wear the system fails and things really go south can't always pick up the phone and ask for help. Have some zip-tie,rope,tools,light going to add food and water too it and a space blanket and some other items.

No, they can't. I was an artilleryman in the Marines and I still think that saying is retarded. Food, water, and shelter will keep you alive much longer than 1000 rounds of 9mm.

No, they can't. I was an artilleryman in the Marines and I still think that saying is retarded. Food, water, and shelter will keep you alive much longer than 1000 rounds of 9mm.

Well being a Grunt in the Corp ochmude I can tell you first hand that the saying is true. Locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy's assault by fire and close-combat is that statement also not true ochmude?

Well being a Grunt in the Corp ochmude I can tell you first hand that the saying is true. Locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy's assault by fire and close-combat is that statement also not true ochmude?

What do you mean by "is that statement also not true?" If you're asking me if it is, verbatim, the Purpose of Marine Corps Infantry, then yes, it certainly is. If you're asking me if it has anything to do with a "bug out" situation with your family in New England, then no, it's not even remotely relevant.

Is your BOB for wilderness survival or combat survival?

What do you mean by "is that statement also not true?" If you're asking me if it is, verbatim, the Purpose of Marine Corps Infantry, then yes, it certainly is. If you're asking me if it has anything to do with a "bug out" situation with your family in New England, then no, it's not even remotely relevant.

Ochmude,

Every persons bugout kit is set up different correct? So if some has more tools then food does that make them wrong? I don't think so, just like to have some extra tools in the kit. So jumping on a topic and saying one of my statement is incorect when you have not walked in someone elses shoes is just silly.

Is your BOB for wilderness survival or combat survival?

Gonzo,

What would you call if it the system fails and people have fallen to their lowest levels and would do anything to live? Don't know about you but I would call that combat survival. Just looking to build a kit that can handle most anything, that my mean setting up different bags for different events my be something to look at?

Last edited:
Ochmude,

Every persons bugout kit is set up different correct? So if some has more tools then food does that make them wrong? I don't think so, just like to have some extra tools in the kit. So jumping on a topic and saying one of my statement is incorect when you have not walked in someone elses shoes is just silly.

Yes, everyone's setup is different. Having a different setup does not make you wrong. I'm not saying anything like that. You posted this:
Flintoid,

Thanks for the thought but could you please tell me how that would be used in a case where you would have to leave your home in a rush and protect yourself and love ones?

How does locating, closing with, and destroying the enemy by fire and maneuver help you in a case where you would have to leave your home in a rush and protect yourself and your loved ones? Is your whole family trained in every role of the ready-team-fire-assist model? Who's the A-gunner? Do they understand how to assault a fixed position? Do they know what to do when you yell out an ADDRAC? If not, then you need to reconsider your priorities when putting your bag together. Just my opinion, though. I'm just some random dude on the internet, and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Gonzo,

What would you call if it the system fails and people have fallen to their lowest levels and would do anything to live? Don't know about you but I would call that combat survival. Just looking to build a kit that can handle most anything, that my mean setting up different bags for different events my be something to look at?

That is a much better idea. You should try to move away from the generic "bug out bag" mentality and focus on specific situations. Your "roadside emergency" bag, "Blizzard of '11" bag, "get home to your family because the dead are walking the earth" bag, and "good, now you're home, not get the hell out of town with your family" bag all serve different roles, and you can't just put a pile of ammo in each one and call it a day.

How does locating, closing with, and destroying the enemy by fire and maneuver help you in a case where you would have to leave your home in a rush and protect yourself and your loved ones? Is your whole family trained in every role of the ready-team-fire-assist model? Who's the A-gunner? Do they understand how to assault a fixed position? Do they know what to do when you yell out an ADDRAC? If not, then you need to reconsider your priorities when putting your bag together. Just my opinion, though. I'm just some random dude on the internet, and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.[/QUOTE]

I picked that statement to see if you would also say a statement like that was wrong. And funny you bring up training, if I wanted to yes I could teach the whole family I was a infantry instructor at SOI as I say everyone's background is different.

Last edited:
MichaelJR might have some competition...

Guys,

I would like the post to go where I was looking for it to go. Which would be getting some good input on what other guys stock their kit with. But all I have been dealing with is guys posting silly comments. So much for sticking to the topic I started this as: WHATS IN YOUR BAILOUT BAG??????

I posted this before but have updated some items.

Cash:
$100 in ones

Fire Kit:
Firestarter
Bic Lighter
Tinder (Cotton balls rubbed with Vasoline makes great fire starting material)

Lighting:
2 Flashlights G2 LED (Surefire Carrier with extra batteries and extra lamp)
4 Glow sticks
3 Mini LED Keychain lights from County Comm attached to the Molle webbing on bag

Tools:
Kershaw ZT 0300
Mechanics Screwdriver

Tying:
Small sewing Kit
3 feet of folded Duct Tape

Food:
Couple granola bars
2 Pouches Mountain House Chili Mac
6 Sugar packets (Only for my wife or I)
Empty Nalgene Bottle (to save room you can fit the sugar, granola bars into the bottle)
P51 Can opener

Medical:
Small First Aid Kit
CPR Mask
Asprin, (Not for others just for myself/wife)

Clothing:
Shemagh
Handkerchief
Ball Cap
Watch Cap

Then I switch out a extra T shirt or fleece depending on season and a map of Mass. My Get Home bag will be diffrent than what you may wish to carry. It is ever changing. I do have a fishing pole and tackle box in my cars trunk. But thats so I can go fishing after work and not worry about driving all the way home to make a spontaneous fishing stop.

Grayshadows,

Thanks that was some good input. That was the kind of comments I was looking for when I started this. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom