What's best for golf course carry? Coyotes attack man and dog in Milton.

This is an honest question.

What would have happened if this gentleman was an LTC holder and he decided to pull a firearm and shoot one or more of these coyotes? Would he be a in legal trouble or would this be justifiable?

(IMHO he would be in serious trouble but I wonder on other's opinions in MA.)

Depends on where. If you cap a coyote in Plymouth I'm sure nobody would care. Brookline, however....

Only in MA. Not an issue for me.

Since this happened in Milton, MA, we need to deal with MA laws as dumb as they are.

This is an honest question.

What would have happened if this gentleman was an LTC holder and he decided to pull a firearm and shoot one or more of these coyotes? Would he be a in legal trouble or would this be justifiable?

(IMHO he would be in serious trouble but I wonder on other's opinions in MA.)

Until he/dog have bite marks you'd be in big legal trouble shooting too early. After being bitten, I'd expect he wouldn't be convicted if not in Brookline, Watertown, Cambridge or Boston.

How about letting the coyotes continue biting the antis.
Coyotes serve humanity better than liberals.

Good point.

OC spray in your back pocket. Coyote's keen sense of smell isn't going to like even a wiff of the stuff. Otherwise pocket carry and pray the DA and your licensing authority don't prefer you die quietly like a good little victim.

Holy Mackerel! They usually dont bother people or pets unless they're really desperate. I have packs of them around the cabin at night but they dont do much but make a lot of noise. Cant speak for the goof course but I keep the 30-30 close by at the cabin. Just fire a shot close by from just about anything and they'll leave.

Last edited:
Any handgun that would fit in your golf bag.

As far as shooting a coyote and worrying about getting in trouble.. :rolleyes:.

any long barrel .22 pistol will do the job. Its only a coyote. and being on a golf course, you do not want big bangs going down.

But are you SURE they are coyote, and not a bigfoot encounter? .50 bmg would be useful then.....

Wouldn't it be easier to pass a law banning coyote attacks?We could just mail a letter to all the coyotes. Problem solved.
Or perhaps a taxpayer funded program to feed the coyotes and passing a law preventing shooting coyotes...i mean do you expect these poor animals to not "stand their ground" against us evil humans.

Wouldn't it be easier to pass a law banning coyote attacks?We could just mail a letter to all the coyotes. Problem solved.
Or perhaps a taxpayer funded program to feed the coyotes and passing a law preventing shooting coyotes...i mean do you expect these poor animals to not "stand their ground" against us evil humans.

I'd think it would be better to ban golf courses. Silly game and the land is such a waste of a rifle range. Besides, comparing the golfers I know to the coyotes I've seen, I prefer the 'yote.

I'd think it would be better to ban golf courses. Silly game and the land is such a waste of a rifle range. Besides, comparing the golfers I know to the coyotes I've seen, I prefer the 'yote.

Plus they don't complain when you shoot at 'em. Damn golfers always get pissed off about it.

Back
Top Bottom