• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's best for golf course carry? Coyotes attack man and dog in Milton.

The shafts on modern "woods" won't hold up to more than one or two swings on a coyote.

Seen a guy I played with have a .25 in his back pocket. No holster. Upside down. No hope of ever taking it out of there. Printed like a sum'bish.

If you have a caddy, RPG in your bag (or a second bag)... AR pistol with standard capacity mag's would also work (if in a free state). If not in a free state, then you're boned. [rofl2] Well, a wheel gun (like a GP100) in .357 Magnum would work. Might not be much left of the coyote when you're done with it, but that's not your issue (grounds keeper Willie will do the cleanup). Maybe a 12G shotty with 00 buck loads would work too.

The chances of you finding me on a golf course are less than zero. If I want to beat on some white balls, it will be in the privacy of my own home. [rofl2]

CoyoteVest-600x600.jpg

Not available in Tactical Black...

Last edited:
If coyotes eat enough people/dogs, maybe more will start carrying guns...

I always have a p238 in my bag when I play since it is what I otherwise pocket carry in golf shorts/pants. Maybe not ideal for a pack of coyotes, but how brave are they after a couple get shot?

Just put your normal carry gun in your golf bag in the same holster. I'm not sure why you would need a different gun? Any normal golf bag will hold a full size pistol in the side pockets. My G34 in a paddle holster fits easily in mine.

Mosin with bayo extended in golf bag

In all seriousness, pocket gun works. That way you don’t have to worry about running back to your bag.

Just put your normal carry gun in your golf bag in the same holster. I'm not sure why you would need a different gun? Any normal golf bag will hold a full size pistol in the side pockets. My G34 in a paddle holster fits easily in mine.

If you do this, you must lock the gun if off your person, so what's the point. Carry on your person. Also if you need it, you need it NOW . . . not when you get back to a golf bag, nor unlocking it, etc.

If you do this, you must lock the gun if off your person, so what's the point. Carry on your person. Also if you need it, you need it NOW . . . not when you get back to a golf bag, nor unlocking it, etc.

This may effect your swing...

81M8GTunR9L._SY550_.jpg

If coyotes eat enough people/dogs, maybe more will start carrying guns...

I always have a p238 in my bag when I play since it is what I otherwise pocket carry in golf shorts/pants. Maybe not ideal for a pack of coyotes, but how brave are they after a couple get shot?

So never go walking without a friend. To ensure you and your dog get away safely shoot your friend in the leg. They will not be able to outrun your or the dog and then the yotes will go after your limping pal as they will be easier to catch.

That's free advice.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Note this happened this week. I don't think he was golfing in January.

I prefer a 1911 in a shoulder rig for "outdoors" stuff, especially if in a jacket. I carry IWB everywhere else, as it's stealthier.

This is an honest question.

What would have happened if this gentleman was an LTC holder and he decided to pull a firearm and shoot one or more of these coyotes? Would he be a in legal trouble or would this be justifiable?

(IMHO he would be in serious trouble but I wonder on other's opinions in MA.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom