What to fill in for reason of issuance

Son is 21 first time applying don’t really expect a LTC no restrictions and never understood why they ask in the first place

"Small Penis"

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously though. If the town does not accept all lawful purposes I would make sure you include something about personal protection so that you aren't reduced to a hunting/target restriction.

Son is 21 first time applying don’t really expect a LTC no restrictions and never understood why they ask in the first place

depends where ya live. I applied 2 years ago, 23 now…and got restrictions none. I just recently saw the comm2a info on new ltcs in the commonwealth and my chief was rated 99% for giving class a no restrictions. the other 1% likely applied for ltc b or wrote they wanted restrictions. I think it really just matters where you are. there are towns that border me that are horrible, and others that are respectful of your RIGHTS as a free citizen. it's a shame really, just glad my chief seems to be a good guy[thumbsup].

My town was very specific that the didn't want anything beyond "all lawful purposes". They didn't want details, letters to the chief, or anything of the sort. As far as I can tell they never put on restrictions. They are rated 100% on the latest Comm 2A list for no restrictions. They were slow as hell, but played no games.

the question is stated as, "Reason(s) for requesting the issuance of a card or license:"

they ask this because it's specifically stated in Mass law, see https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section131

may issue if it appears that the applicant is a suitable person to be issued such license, and that the applicant has good reason to fear injury to his person or property

if you're in a green, 2A friendly town, they'll issue without restrictions without the need to elaborate on that question.

IF HOWEVER, you're in a non-friendly 2A town, they probably want a REASON and simply entering "all lawful purposes" is not a specific reason, therefore you would need to specifically address what I've highlighted in BOLD.

Last edited:
OP:

If you post your son's town, you may get a better answer, as, while the "right" answer is for all lawful purposes, some town don't like that answer. If you're in one of the cranky towns, then the answer they want may be provided by someone who has lived that dream.

My town is very green, always issues license with no restrictions. But will not accept ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES. i wrote for hunting, sporting and protection of life, property and family.

Thanks everyone for the feedback guess we will find out what works once the application is in.

- - - Updated - - -

OP:

If you post your son's town, you may get a better answer, as, while the "right" answer is for all lawful purposes, some town don't like that answer. If you're in one of the cranky towns, then the answer they want may be provided by someone who has lived that dream.

Braintree

This. I was specifically told my town does not accept "All Lawful Purposes".
I started another thread today looking for an answer to this question. Duxbury does not accept "all lawful purposes" as a reason and specifically states this on their PD Website , however they don;t offer a lot of guidance on what to use for a reason.

My town is very green, always issues license with no restrictions. But will not accept ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES. i wrote for hunting, sporting and protection of life, property and family.
I'd be tempted to put in "To exercise my Second Amendment right", but probably wouldn't becasue there is one thing I can guarantee you should not put as an answer .... and that is anything that might get the licensing officer PO'd.

My town was very specific that the didn't want anything beyond "all lawful purposes". They didn't want details, letters to the chief, or anything of the sort. As far as I can tell they never put on restrictions. They are rated 100% on the latest Comm 2A list for no restrictions. They were slow as hell, but played no games.
Same here .. I put "for all lawful purposes including protection, recreation, and competition" and the licensing officer said "I'm just going top put "for all lawful purposes...OK?"".

I started another thread today looking for an answer to this question. Duxbury does not accept "all lawful purposes" as a reason and specifically states this on their PD Website , however they don;t offer a lot of guidance on what to use for a reason.

More lies to intimidate the applicant.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425174736.202188.jpg

Back
Top Bottom