What to do with 76 rounds of .357 that I don't want.

Even .357? Jack.

Im busting his balls because he couldn’t get his SKS to load a round. Turns out it was steel 5.56 and not 7.62x39.

If it's not about the money, karma them at the range with a "free" sign. Maybe write "didn't like steel casings" so people know they are safe to use. Otherwise, sell them.

But that's only if you really need the space. I'd just keep them for the zombie apocalypse myself, where you won't be as nit-picky about casing material.
We have folks leave free ammo at my club from time to time. Just leave it on the back bench with a note on it. Many times we've had older gentlemen that are to long in years to hunt anymore drop off large quantities of hunting loads.....milk crates full. It's a good way to pay it forward.

If the past 12 years or so have taught me anything, it's that following laws is for fools. There are of course some exceptions and one needs to be discrete. But, because it isn't legal doesn't phase me one bit. Congrats to big.gov on my transformation.
6412a66c313a5d1f782313bc76e39220.jpg

I have a lever action 357 but I don't think I'd try steel case in it, if one gets stuck it's no fun.

This^
I love lever guns but a stuck case is a horror show.
I just happen to have a special gun for ammo like that, a T/C Contender Carbine chambered in .357 MAX, stuck cases are very easy to extract.

What exactly sucks about 80's DW revolvers?

Depends on where and when they were made, the quality went down hill later in production, especially after the move.

Monson built = Great to mostly pretty good.
Palmer built = Somewhat good to meh.

Last edited:
Depends on where and when they were made, the quality went down hill later in production, especially after the move.

Meh. This seems to be an internet myth. Having owned 4 DW revolvers one of which is a Palmer 744, the rest are Monson 715’s and 722’s. They ALL needed to go back to DW for work. The Palmer 744 had an oversized cylinder. One 715 had a cylinder/ejector star fitment issue (and the gun was barely shot - no too strap erosion, turn line etc), other 715 has endshake issues and needed to be shimmed and the rear sight was extremely loose. And my 722 is currently at DW because of sticky extraction. Their revolversmith called me a couple weeks ago saying the chambers are undersized and he will try reaming them. If not the whole cylinder will need to be replaced. Still waiting on the verdict.

We don't sell ammo here on NES. We just donated to some one, and they appreciated it so much that they give us a few dollars for lunch.

Last edited:
Made in Monson in 1980, but it did have to make a round trip back to the factory in 1981 to resolve some issue that I've totally forgotten. Just a lovely gun to shoot today.

I think I'm going to go for karma at the club.

Back
Top Bottom