What to do to shell casing to let non-LTC friend take it home?

Basically slug hulls and any specialty ones are not really reloadable since they have weird dimensions. Even shitty Winchester red target hulls can be reloaded, but you usually can't get many loads out of them because of poor construction. But yes, if you want to reload shotgun shells, then AAs or STSs are the way to go. PS: Gun Clubs are just slightly cheaper versions of the STS hulls, they just fall apart a little faster. You can use the same reloading data for them.
Yes, those 3 I mentioned are the ones I reload. I don't know about Estate or Fiocchi, BPS, Kent etc. I would think that some Federal shells can be but I'm not sure since I've not reloaded them.

Yes, those 3 I mentioned are the ones I reload. I don't know about Estate or Fiocchi, BPS, Kent etc. I would think that some Federal shells can be but I'm not sure since I've not reloaded them.

Pretty much all of those can be reloaded. Straight walled Federals are the best of the bunch, because you can pack in more powder and shot if you're loading up larger quantities of shot, or reloading steel shot.

Conversely, in AZ my wife gets pulled over in her car the day after I drove it for qual day. Trooper pulls her over for speeding, which she was, 20 over. Trooper asks to look in truck, she says sure and pops it. Trooper sits back there for a moment or two and approaches her. "Excuse me mam, but um, there's like 500 rounds of ammo in your trunk". No gun drawn, no stupid, just a question.

There’s 500 rounds of ammo in the trunk? And your point is?

I found a shell casing in my driveway the other day. I did what every self-respecting individual would - called the police on myself and had my shredded LTC ready for them when they arrived. The world is now a safer place, thanks to me.

in that punk article
Under Ch. 140, Sect. 121, of the Massachusetts General Laws, he clarified, “a person may be prosecuted for possessing ‘cartridges or cartridge cases… designed for use in any firearm, rifle, or shotgun,’

Maybe the answer is to take the brass shell, and braze on a ring that makes it impossible to chamber the round in any rifle or pistol. Then it is no longer "designed for use in any firearm". Drilling a hole in the side...you can still chamber the shell.

Related, how do you dispose of brass in MA? Say you don't reload and find a spent shell in your shirt from the range? Or you reload and have some bad brass? If there's all these laws around possession of ammunition components, how do you dispose of the brass?
Make it into a decorative brass knuckles paper weight.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS949QQDtWQ

Back
Top Bottom