What the heck is going on with Littleton LTC?

My mom just texted me saying Littleton wants 2 References listed, 3 Letters of Reference, and a letter to the chief explaining why she wants a class A. I thought Littleton was a easy town? At least thats what Ive been told.[frown]

My town only wants 2 References listed..

It says on there site they require..

The following must also be attached to your application in order for it to be processed:

1) Firearms Safety Course Certificate –courses can be found by calling a local outdoor store or by looking through the following website : www.state.ma.us/msp/firearms/courses.htm

2) Three written references (needed only if applying for LTC Class A or B) – references must state that the applicant is of sound mind and character and is believed to be responsible for the safe possession of a firearm. They also must state how long he/she has known the applicant, the specific basis for their opinion and willingness to be interviewed in confidence by telephone if needed.

3) Written letter by applicant (needed only if applying for LTC Class A or B) - letter must state why you are requesting a license to carry a concealed weapon.

http://www.littletonma.org/content/121/2190/2204/default.aspx

My mom just texted me saying Littleton wants 2 References listed, 3 Letters of Reference, and a letter to the chief explaining why she wants a class A. I thought Littleton was a easy town? At least thats what Ive been told.[frown]

My town only wants 2 References listed..

I received my first CCW permit there over 20 yrs. ago. I had to take a written test.

My experience in dealing with Littleton for years (FFL address, state dealers license) and knowing others who went thru the LTC process, it is true that they ask too much. On the other hand, you can have what you want. Not defending them, but it is much worse elswhere. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom