What, no IDPA this weekend?

Will,
USPSA is just like IDPA (sort of :) ) without the reload and cover rules. You’re CDP and they have a SS (Single Stack) Division that your can use your IDPA equipment in (or a Limited 10 if they don't offer that)
You will need your gun and five or six magazines along with magazine holders. I just happen to have the extra magazines and magazines holders you will need.

You should see some really good shooters like Dave B. and Scott B., from the New Bedford club, shooting unleashed along with a couple of guys that you haven’t seen yet.

Manville is a good place to start if you would like to try it. I'd be happy to shoot with you if you'd like. Let me know.

Or you can go shoot CAS (or watch if you don't have the Cowboy equipment) with the Bass River Boys down the cape, they're a great group of guys.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Sounds like fun, though I get the feeling it's outisde my 'one hour max' driving range for such things, though I would have to look at a map. I can muster as much as 4 mag holders, 1, 10rnd mag, and 4, 8 rounders.

The Manville Club link is below and at the bottom left of that link is a Google Map link.

The club is in RI, guns and ammo locked in seperate containers in the trunk is the safest way to travel. You'll like this shoot I really suggest you give it a try.

I should have another 6-8 Wilson 47D 8 round magazines and four more mag holders for you to use. I would guess that six magazines on your belt might be about right, I think USPSA has a 32 round stage max there should be 4 stages.

Let me know if you want to go and I'll meet you near the club as it is hidden and a little difficult to find the first time.

http://manvillesportsmensrodandgunclub.org/

Respectfully,

jkelly

The Manville Club link is below and at the bottom left of that link is a Google Map link.

The club is in RI, guns and ammo locked in seperate containers in the trunk is the safest way to travel. You'll like this shoot I really suggest you give it a try.

I should have another 6-8 Wilson 47D 8 round magazines and four more mag holders for you to use. I would guess that six magazines on your belt might be about right, I think USPSA has a 32 round stage max there should be 4 stages.

Let me know if you want to go and I'll meet you near the club as it is hidden and a little difficult to find the first time.

http://manvillesportsmensrodandgunclub.org/

Respectfully,

jkelly

Thanx for the offer! The boss hurt her shoulder, so I am stuck here today keeping her out of trouble. Keep me in mind for future shoots, will try it for sure.

Anything going on this weekend for shoots, IDPA or otherwise??? I need to get some shooting in! Egads, I am willing to try some other non IDPA fed if I must! The only year round IDPA I know of is the SnW shoots as they are indoor. Anyone want to team up and treck out there some time? Mr Kelly perhaps?

Will,
There is an IPSC style shoot at the Independent Sportsmens club in Foxboro this Saturday, 10 Nov 07. I’ve agreed to assist at a Turkey shoot in Wayland that morning so I can’t go. You can go and shoot your 1911, I can lend you extra magazines and magazine holders (I’ll give them to a friend who will be there).

It’s a good group of guys, they put on a nice shoot and welcome new shooters. Let me know if you are interested and I’ll get you directions and a contact name(s). These are really good people and it’s a fun shoot with no pressure, you won’t be sorry you went.

There are usually four stages and its cheap ($10.00 per gun) many shoot two guns or the shoot the same gun twice ($20.00 for 8 stages is pretty good).

I’d be happy to shoot one of the Sunday matches at S&W with you. I haven’t shot there in a couple of years so they’ve probably forgotten about me. :)
http://www.downzero.com/events_main.aspx

They have a Back Up Gun match the 24th of this month and a Classifier the 22nd of December.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Will,
There is an IPSC style shoot at the Independent Sportsmens club in Foxboro this Saturday, 10 Nov 07. I’ve agreed to assist at a Turkey shoot in Wayland that morning so I can’t go. You can go and shoot your 1911, I can lend you extra magazines and magazine holders (I’ll give them to a friend who will be there).

It’s a good group of guys, they put on a nice shoot and welcome new shooters. Let me know if you are interested and I’ll get you directions and a contact name(s). These are really good people and it’s a fun shoot with no pressure, you won’t be sorry you went.

There are usually four stages and its cheap ($10.00 per gun) many shoot two guns or the shoot the same gun twice ($20.00 for 8 stages is pretty good).

I’d be happy to shoot one of the Sunday matches at S&W with you. I haven’t shot there in a couple of years so they’ve probably forgotten about me. :)
http://www.downzero.com/events_main.aspx

They have a Back Up Gun match the 24th of this month and a Classifier the 22nd of December.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Sounds like a possible plan, but whats with the Turkey shoot in Wayland? Thats one town over from me.

What Sunday matches??---RGS
Nice catch, thank you!
And you too also Will.

Sounds like a possible plan, but whats with the Turkey shoot in Wayland? Thats one town over from me.Will Brink---
I don’t know much about it, Jared Nedzel a MetrowestTactical Yahoo Group member, and Vice President of the Wayland Rod & Gun Club, had asked the for assistance from other MWT group members for his club's Turkey Shoot.

I just sent Jared an e-mail requesting information about the shoot, I’ll let you know what I find out.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Nice catch, thank you!
And you too also Will.

I don’t know much about it, Jared Nedzel a MetrowestTactical Yahoo Group member, and Vice President of the Wayland Rod & Gun Club, had asked the for assistance from other MWT group members for his club's Turkey Shoot.

I just sent Jared an e-mail requesting information about the shoot, I’ll let you know what I find out.

Respectfully,

jkelly

OK, so what is a Turkey shoot?

OK, so what is a Turkey shoot?---Will Brink
A Turkey shoot is a shooting competition where the winner of a competition wins a turkey (or a certificate for a turkey). They are usually scheduled just before Thanksgiving.

Often it is done like this; some number of shooters form up on a firing line and on comand take a single shot at their target, the one closest to their bulls-eye wins a turkey. This is repeated until all the turkeys (or certificates for a turkey) are won. Generally it costs $2-3 per shot and you can have 10 or 20 shooters on the line shooting at the same time. It’s a good money maker for the club or charity. A club can run a rifle, shotgun (slugs), pistol, or black powder or some combination match.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
A Turkey shoot is a shooting competition where the winner of a competition wins a turkey (or a certificate for a turkey). They are usually scheduled just before Thanksgiving.

Often it is done like this; some number of shooters form up on a firing line and on comand take a single shot at their target, the one closest to their bulls-eye wins a turkey. This is repeated until all the turkeys (or certificates for a turkey) are won. Generally it costs $2-3 per shot and you can have 10 or 20 shooters on the line shooting at the same time. It’s a good money maker for the club or charity. A club can run a rifle, shotgun (slugs), pistol, or black powder or some combination match.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Got it thanx. Not enough action for my taste.

Will,

We're shooting a 25 steel plate match this Sunday at Mass Rifle. Come check it out. Safety meeting at 12:45 shooting at 1:00.

Will,
Scarborough (Maine) Fish and Game has a match the 18th, Harvard has one on the 23rd and the next Saturday match at S@W is the 24th . Those are the only IDPA matches being held this month that I know of.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Will,
Scarborough (Maine) Fish and Game has a match the 18th, Harvard has one on the 23rd and the next Saturday match at S@W is the 24th . Those are the only IDPA matches being held this month that I know of.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Thanx, ME match too bloody far, and I plan to make the Harvard match.

Ok, so what do we have coming up for next weekend? I can now feel my nose and hands again from that Harvard shoot last week, so it's time to shoot a match!

Although not an IDPA match, Bass River is having a rifle/shotgun only match. IPSC rules apply, but if you have some decent skills we would love to have you participate.

You'll need 10 slugs, 35 birdshot, 50 rifle. longest shots are 85 yards prone, most are under 25yards. Most shotgun is under 15 yards

IDPA Worcester Pistol and Rifle, Saturday Dec 8th, 8:30 am registration. Rain,shine,snow.

Last edited:
Yes, I planning on shooting the Worcester match. Hope to you there.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Back
Top Bottom