What, no IDPA this weekend?

I take it you tried it out one time... Hmmmmm that sounds like an IPSC type of move ;o)

Well... I can't say I "tried" it.. it was a mistake. Here's the senario:

6 shots on a target while backing up (start real close to target) behind cover engage 3 more targets with 2 shots each. Well.... I only engaged the first target 5 times (lost count). I realized that something was wrong when I was able to engage all the other targets without a reload. I didn't reload and engage the first target again so I would get a FTDR (Failure to do right which is 20 secs).

Now the good thing is... it was practice. I made a case that it was a mistake but another SO stated that I should have noticed that when I didn't do a reload.

Anyways- I agree with you wholeheartedly- the rules may be different depending on which kind of match you are shooting- but that's part of the fun.

Take a look at the Harvard match on Sept 16th- it's 8 stages and will be a good time. I promise I won't talk to you during the COF... but I might ding you with a couple procedurals. [wink]

I will be at this match tomorrow with my cousin (brand new to IDPA) and a friend or two:

http://www.wprclub.com/index.asp

Be there or be square.....

I wouldn't if I were you! Here's an email I got from the Yahoo group:

This is a reminder to all that our September match has been moved from the 8th to the 22nd. Sign up is still at 08h30.

Turin Pollard and Jay Farmer,
WPRC IDPA Co-Chairs.

I wouldn't if I were you! Here's an email I got from the Yahoo group:

This is a reminder to all that our September match has been moved from the 8th to the 22nd. Sign up is still at 08h30.

Turin Pollard and Jay Farmer,
WPRC IDPA Co-Chairs.

Argh!!!!!!!!! Thanx for the warning. The change is not on their web site, and thats just f-ing stupid as not everyone is on their yahoo list.

Argh!!!!!!!!! Thanx for the warning. The change is not on their web site, and thats just f-ing stupid as not everyone is on their yahoo list.

Not to make excuses but often times to get folks in a club to agree to make changes on a web site is not trivial. I'd sign up for the Yahoo groups- it's better anyways.

Not to make excuses but often times to get folks in a club to agree to make changes on a web site is not trivial. I'd sign up for the Yahoo groups- it's better anyways.

Though I understand your comments, I stand by mine. I would have shown up tomorrow AM on my Sat off with several other people only to find no one there, and that's BS. I just joined the yahoo group (like we all dont have enough crap to join and keep track of!) but don't have web site and have dates on it people will follow if you can't be trusted to keep it up to date enough to be accurate, and people should not have to join yet another group to get info that should exist on a web site to begin with... That pisses me off to no end.

PS, there is a match at New Bedford (unless you know something I don't again!) this Sun the 9th I will hit instead, so (drum roll) be there or be square!

Last edited:
Though I understand your comments, I stand by mine. I would have shown up tomorrow AM on my Sat off with several other people only to find no one there, and that's BS. I just joined the yahoo group (like we all dont have enough crap to join and keep track of!) but don't have web site and have dates on it people will follow if you can't be trusted to keep it up to date enough to be accurate, and people should not have to join yet another group to get info that should exist on a web site to begin with... That pisses me off to no end.

Well as a volunteer with IDPA elsewhere- and at WPRC occasionally, it's a lot of work for a small group of people. I'm sure they'd welcome any help. Not to be a dick and I understand your point but stuff happens. I can't tell you how many times (at different clubs) that I've showed up to find a range down or in use that wasn't posted on the web. Sorry but I tend to be more patient with these things because I know what it takes to make shit happen.

New Bedford will be having it's September IDPA match this Sunday (9/9).

Good match, and I FINALLY shot at my potential. It felt great! [smile]

My scores finally reflected what I knew I could do as a shooter if I could just get everything together. Tooting my own horn here, but dang it, it feels good when things actually come together is work well compared to the 10 other times they dont.

I will say i am amazed by the difference between a little more weight and 1" on the barrel makes in shooting as I used my 5" government 1911 vs my normal Commander. I will use the government 1911 from now on.

Don't forget, Harvard is having 8 stages ths weekend, so if you all miss that one, you are crazy! [smile]

PS, Follow up, I just cant catch a break! Looking at the site it now says:

"There was no time recorded on the score sheet for Will Brink/Stage 4. That score reflects only the points down."

Well sh*& on a stick. I still shot well (for me) and knew it, but I guess not as well as I had thought...

Last edited:
There was no time recorded on the score sheet for Will Brink/Stage 4. ---WillBrink
Bummer, I didn't record Doug C's time on Stage 1 Sunday so he got a re-shoot and improved his time by about 4-5 seconds (I think).

You might not know your score but your points down look pretty good so you had a pretty good day!

I screwed up three of the four stages. I had 2 misses but I made up for that by shooting two hostages (no shoots) and in frustration I put 4 or 5 extra head shots into the Clam Shell target. I could/should have had a FTDR on stage three for gaming but the SO was good to me! Still had fun! :)

Respectfully,

jkelly

Bummer, I didn't record Doug C's time on Stage 1 Sunday so he got a re-shoot and improved his time by about 4-5 seconds (I think).

Great, but no one offered me any re shoots!

You might not know your score but your points down look pretty good so you had a pretty good day!

For me, that was a good day!

I screwed up three of the four stages. I had 2 misses but I made up for that by shooting two hostages (no shoots) and in frustration I put 4 or 5 extra head shots into the Clam Shell target. I could/should have had a FTDR on stage three for gaming but the SO was good to me! Still had fun! :)
Respectfully,
jkelly

I shot a good guy also, which is rare for me. Was accused of possible gaming on one a stage (I put 4 shots into a target vs 3) as if I actually had the mental capacity to do such a thing! [rofl]

The difference on the re-shoot or not is if the SO noticed they didn't record the score - they didn't in this case and it was only found when I was entering the scores afterwards. If you know your time, I will gladly update the results. Other than that, all I can do is enter what's on the score sheet and offer an apology. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The difference on the re-shoot or not is if the SO noticed they didn't record the score - they didn't in this case and it was only found when I was entering the scores afterwards. If you know your time, I will gladly update the results. Other than that, all I can do is enter what's on the score sheet and offer an apology. Sorry for any inconvenience.

It's no big inconvenience, though it would have been nice to know as i was having a really good day for once! See you at the next match![wink]

Don't forget about the IDPA match at Harvard this Sunday (tomorrow), eight (?) stages, sign up at 8:45.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Come to Bass River and play the original action sport. USPSA is up and running this Sunday and new shooters are always welcome.

try it, you'll like it. Ask Mikey [smile]

Oct 7, 10 am? Will be OK to use my IDPA Glock 17 with four 10 rounds mags? I'm new to this sport. How many rounds of ammo to bring?

CoolDaddy,
I can’t answer for Gary, but I think you could get by with only four ten round magazines but a fifth one wouldn’t hurt. You will need a gun, a holster, magazines and magazine holders, eye and hearing protection as well as perhaps 150-200 rounds. I would expect that you will only shoot 80-100 rounds.

Let them know you are new and they will take care of you. Great group of guys at Bass River!

Respectfully,

jkelly

CoolDaddy,
I can’t answer for Gary, but I think you could get by with only four ten round magazines but a fifth one wouldn’t hurt. You will need a gun, a holster, magazines and magazine holders, eye and hearing protection as well as perhaps 150-200 rounds. I would expect that you will only shoot 80-100 rounds.

Let them know you are new and they will take care of you. Great group of guys at Bass River!

Respectfully,

jkelly

The answer given by my friend JKelly is a good one. IDPA and USPA are very similar sports so your comfort level should be fine. In USPSA, you just shoot a lot more [wink]

Sign up is between 0900 and 0930. First shot is at 10AM so everyone should be squadded and ready at that time.

If you use 4 10 round mags, go to the line with a barney bullet in your pocket. Start 10 plus one in the chamber. Your IDPA gear will be great for USPSA production division. It is scored minor for 9MM and uses the same holster criteria. Same locations on the belt for gear etc.

Come on down, I will be the guy selling the raffle tickets [grin]

I don't know of any IDPA marches this weekend (20-21 Oct) but I think there is a USPSA match at Mannville.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Will,
USPSA is just like IDPA (sort of :) ) without the reload and cover rules. You’re CDP and they have a SS (Single Stack) Division that your can use your IDPA equipment in (or a Limited 10 if they don't offer that)
You will need your gun and five or six magazines along with magazine holders. I just happen to have the extra magazines and magazines holders you will need.

You should see some really good shooters like Dave B. and Scott B., from the New Bedford club, shooting unleashed along with a couple of guys that you haven’t seen yet.

Manville is a good place to start if you would like to try it. I'd be happy to shoot with you if you'd like. Let me know.

Or you can go shoot CAS (or watch if you don't have the Cowboy equipment) with the Bass River Boys down the cape, they're a great group of guys.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom