• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What, no IDPA this weekend?

Looking at the MA and NH clubs, I dont see any IDPA this up coming weekend. If I missed one some place, let me know. Otherwise, it looks like next week for some IDPA practise and such.

http://www.wprclub.com/

Click on the IDPA link in the left menu.

Great, thanx. Why is it (a) so friggin hard to find out which clubs have IDPA and their schedules and (b) so friggen hard to find a list of all clubs that exist in any state, such as MA? Is there no master list? It's as if you have to have the special passwords and handshake. Never heard of the WPR club till now. Somone some how should make a simple state master list with a simple (seperate) match list for IDPA and others.

IDPA

It was the "official announcement" that the weekend of MA State Championships all the soccer games have being cancelled... in your favor , so you can go there...LOL
See you at the Match.
Regards,
Gene

Great, thanx. Why is it (a) so friggin hard to find out which clubs have IDPA and their schedules and (b) so friggen hard to find a list of all clubs that exist in any state, such as MA? Is there no master list? It's as if you have to have the special passwords and handshake. Never heard of the WPR club till now. Somone some how should make a simple state master list with a simple (seperate) match list for IDPA and others.

It is up to the match directors, but if submitted, Harry will put them up at DOWN ZERO He has done it for a long time. Unfortunately, with new clubs and new match directors at the established clubs, no one feels the need to do it anymore. It was always the best site in the East.

It is up to the match directors, but if submitted, Harry will put them up at DOWN ZERO He has done it for a long time. Unfortunately, with new clubs and new match directors at the established clubs, no one feels the need to do it anymore. It was always the best site in the East.

I have seen that list for years and it seems there's SnW and some place in CT listed each month, and that's about it. Not very useful...[crying]

Downzero website

Not so. Regretfully, downzero.com is full of dated, obsolete, and otherwise incorrect info. When we started the IDPA chapter at Harvard Sportsmen's Club we felt the need to do just that. I contacted the website owner whom I happened to know personally. Harry replied promptly and politely explained that he does not maintain the site any more. Too bad that the domain name is taken! There is an IDPA enthusiast out of CT, Ralph, who sends out a weekly email with a list of upcoming IDPA Matches around the North East and around. You can get on a distribution list but the list is rather incomplete. We at MetroWest Tactical in HSC do our part and send him notices about our upcoming matches. Do you?

We at MetroWest Tactical in HSC do our part and send him notices about our upcoming matches. Do you?

No, and I don't care to as I am no longer a match director either.

I had been told Harry was backing away from IDPA and was sorry to hear it but did not know he no longer took in info for his web site. I have spent many good times with him and hope it turns around. I will see him in July.

Many play the game, many contribute, many of those that have played for some time are tired of the newer attitudes in the sport, many sit and complain and many are just finding other shooting venues that are friendly. Time marches on.

many of those that have played for some time are tired of the newer attitudes in the sport, many sit and complain and many are just finding other shooting venues that are friendly.

Can you clear up your comments on this for some of the people just getting into IPDA or thinking about it? What are these "newer attitudes" you've referred to? I've been fairly active in IDPA for the last two years and been with the Harvard IDPA folks before that at Riverside. I've met and worked with many of the people ar Riverside and Worchester as well. Harvard has lots of shooters and one of the reasons I enjoy this is because of the welcoming environment and helpful people- new and experienced alike. I guess I'm surprised- I've found IDPA people to be very friendly and involved.

Can you clear up your comments on this for some of the people just getting into IPDA or thinking about it? What are these "newer attitudes" you've referred to? I've been fairly active in IDPA for the last two years and been with the Harvard IDPA folks before that at Riverside. .

No offense intended on this but What is "Fairly active"? I have been a Safety officer at State and Regional events for several years in three states. Never made it to the Nationals but I still consider that "Fairly active". I am now a SO Trainer as well as a SO. Again, fairly active.

The way IDPA used to be several years ago was the shooters traveled to other clubs and helped out as well as supported the other clubs. I really don't see that support any more. I have had to slow down because of personal reasons but still participate as much as possible. I even drove to NH this past weekend to help out in an Intro to IDPA course. With the exception of the two newest clubs in MA, I have shot at all IDPA clubs in MA, two in CT, one in VT, and two in NH. I am only "fairly active".

I shoot IDPA, Steel Challenge, USPSA, ICORE, and anything else I can (Except SASS, I don't have the gear or interest).

I will not go into my experiences with attitudes as I have strayed off topic already.

I am pleased you are having a good experience and hope to see you somewhere. We can talk about my experiences then.

Now I am off to the range to check out my SG for the three gun match Sunday.

Regards,

Is there ever anything like this near or on the Cape?

If you want to play IDPA or USPSA I can get you started one on one and would be glad to do it.

To answer your question directly, not at this moment but I will let you know as I am working on it. The one last week was at the Sig Academy taught by Mike Briggs.

(That 870 of mine is dead on at 25 yards with slugs and shot. Damn those are great guns)

Worcester, MA Saturday I think.

Damn rain. Didn't make the Worcester match due to rain (yes, i know you hardcore types will shoot in the pooring rain) so I will look for something next weekend. There is IDPA practise at Harvard this Wed, which I hope to attend. I will check the web sites of the local clubs for next weekend, but leads on matches appreciated.

I didnt know there was a Worcester club, mutch less a match, until this thread. so I cant check the web pages of clubs I dont know exist. Being there is no true master list of all the clubs (much less IDPA matches), it's still helpful when people sound off about matches, so let's keep this thread going!

Damn rain. Didn't make the Worcester match due to rain (yes, i know you hardcore types will shoot in the pooring rain) so I will look for something next weekend. There is IDPA practise at Harvard this Wed, which I hope to attend. I will check the web sites of the local clubs for next weekend, but leads on matches appreciated.

I didnt know there was a Worcester club, mutch less a match, until this thread. so I cant check the web pages of clubs I dont know exist. Being there is no true master list of all the clubs (much less IDPA matches), it's still helpful when people sound off about matches, so let's keep this thread going!

It's really not that hard to find out what's going on.. talk to people at practices and you'll get the info you need. Maybe not the most efficient but you'll find what you want.

Go to New Bedford's website (www.rodgun-nb.org) and check out the 'Action Pistol' section, to the 'local action' page (www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/localaction.htm). I have a list of all the local clubs within about 2.5 hours drive (and link's to their websites) as well as the dates for the major local matches and the National matches. If there are other clubs that folks are aware of that are not listed, please post the name and website here and I'll try to add them. As always, this is informational only - please verify with the actual club that their match is on before you travel.

Go to New Bedford's website (www.rodgun-nb.org) and check out the 'Action Pistol' section, to the 'local action' page (www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/localaction.htm). I have a list of all the local clubs within about 2.5 hours drive (and link's to their websites) as well as the dates for the major local matches and the National matches. If there are other clubs that folks are aware of that are not listed, please post the name and website here and I'll try to add them. As always, this is informational only - please verify with the actual club that their match is on before you travel.

Nice info- Harvard has IDPA now, in addtion to IPSC, etc.
http://www.harvardactionshooters.com/
http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com/

Ah, now that's the type of list I was looking for. Thanx.

I don't know about other clubs, but at mine, you see the same people doing the work. You see new shooters, but when it comes time to plan, arrive early, and do all the cleanup, its the same faces for the most part. When the maintenance and clean ups occur, its the same faces. When the call goes out for people to run things, it's the same faces that respond.

I got completely burned out after 5 years of trying to run a quality program and beating myself up playing the politics, negotiator, and such. I knew it was getting bad when I'd go to run an event and leave my gear at home because it just wasn't any fun anymore. I'd spend my free afternoons, not shooting, but repainting steel, restocking supplies, or designing stages.

Right now we have no chairperson for the Rifle and Pistol program due to burnout in that job.

And make no mistake, it becomes a job.

Don't get me wrong, not everyone is an all play and no work type, but many are. And then you have the people who show up and show little or no respect for what others have built. Steel core ammo on steel targets, with no regard that someone paid for those. Or the yum-yum who thought it would be a good move to kick in a door prop and discovered that hollow core doors with sturdy frames will just let your foot pass through. No thought to the fact that someone spent many hours designing and building the prop.

I'm sorry, but when I see posts like the above that say "I wish there was...", my first reaction is to respond with "so, why don't you?"

Sorry for the rant, but this is one of those real sore spots with me.

Sorry for the rant, but this is one of those real sore spots with me.

You need to get out and enjoy the fruit of your hard work... It was seeing your name that got me into this. The load needs to be balanced for it to stay fun for me. I work when I can... but I like to participate/compete sometimes as well.

As an RO- I don't hesistate to let people know that everyone needs to help out. When it comes to set up and clean up it's more difficult, but I've gone directly over to some shooters and told them to help with tape and brass after watching them stand around while the SOs and other help are either getting soaked or sun burnt.

I guess I've seen more help and interaction from shooters than you have seen in the past. It's got to stay fun though or I'll leave... that's what happened with the Jeep club to me.

Welcome to Summer Match

Bump. Anyone going to Harvard this Sat?

I'll be there. [grin] I shoot with the MetroWest Tactical group that hosts the shoot this weekend.

Date: Saturday June 30, 2007
Time: 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Notes: Match is open to public. No pre-registration required.
Bring your friends to shoot with us.

5 outdoor stages plus 1 low-light stage indoors.
Bring 150 rounds of ammo, 3 magazines/speedloaders; belt holster and a mag holder, a concealment garment, and a flashlight.

Registration starts at 8:45 am
Safety briefing at 9:15 am
First shot at 9:30 am
Match fee $20.

BBQ Lunch will be available for purchase courtesy of the HSC's Kitchen Committee.

I'll be there. [grin] I shoot with the MetroWest Tactical group that hosts the shoot this weekend.

Date: Saturday June 30, 2007
Time: 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Notes: Match is open to public. No pre-registration required.
Bring your friends to shoot with us.

5 outdoor stages plus 1 low-light stage indoors.
Bring 150 rounds of ammo, 3 magazines/speedloaders; belt holster and a mag holder, a concealment garment, and a flashlight.

Registration starts at 8:45 am
Safety briefing at 9:15 am
First shot at 9:30 am
Match fee $20.

BBQ Lunch will be available for purchase courtesy of the HSC's Kitchen Committee.

Great match today! 5 stages with a low light stage was as good as IDPA gets, and for me, I shot really well. Brought my cousin to his first IDPA match, and he had a blast, so we have a new convert. Should make it to New Bedford Next Sun. Anyone going?

Great match today! 5 stages with a low light stage was as good as IDPA gets, and for me, I shot really well. Brought my cousin to his first IDPA match, and he had a blast, so we have a new convert. Should make it to New Bedford Next Sun. Anyone going?

Follow up. New Bedford range has made some great changes to their place since I was their last IDPA season. They have a good crew and fun was had by all yesterday for the IDPA match. I dumped one stage (think and shoot at the same time, what the hell is that??!! :), so that will reflect on my scores (though in real life the BG would still be down, which matters more to me than scores personally), but the other stages went well.

For those of you who didn't attend this last weekend IDPA match at Worcester, you missed a good one. One stage had us shooting from a moving car. I have never shot a handgun from a moving car and I can tell you it's a challange, though I was center mass for all targets but one. I also drove the car for others, and brother, a .45 ACP going off in a car is LOUD! I shall now start my search for a match this up coming weekend.

Back
Top Bottom