What, no IDPA this weekend?

I shall now start my search for a match this up coming weekend.

Then come to the July Jubilee IDPA Match @ Harvard Sportsmen's Club
Date: Sunday July 22, 2007
Time: 8:45 am - 2:30 pm

This match is open to the public. No pre-registration is necessary.
Bring your friends to shoot with us.

5 outdoor stages plus 1 low-light stage indoors.

Bring 150 rounds of ammo, 3 magazines/speedloaders; belt holster and a mag holder, a concealment garment, and a tactical flashlight.

Registration starts at 8:45 am
Safety briefing at 9:15 am
First shot at 9:30 am
Match fee $20.

BBQ Lunch will be available for purchase courtesy of the HSC's Kitchen Committee.

If you have questions, PM or send email to Cross-X (Darius Arbabi)

Then come to the July Jubilee IDPA Match @ Harvard Sportsmen's Club
Date: Sunday July 22, 2007
Time: 8:45 am - 2:30 pm

This match is open to the public. No pre-registration is necessary.
Bring your friends to shoot with us.

5 outdoor stages plus 1 low-light stage indoors.

This was a great match, even with the low light not happending. Really tough and evil course. Weak hand shooting, what's that??!! [smile][crying][smile]

OK, so what's coming up this weekend?

Independent Sportmans in Foxboro is having an IPSC style shoot. There should be some good shooters attending as well as some hacks (like me).

These are pretty good shoots you might want to try one if you haven't already.

Respectfully,

jkelly

http://www.independentclub.homestead.com/home.html

Last edited:
Independent Sportmans in Foxboro is having an IPSC style shoot. There should be some good shooters attending as well as some hacks (like me).

These are pretty good shoots you might want to try one if you haven't already.

Respectfully,

jkelly

http://www.independentclub.homestead.com/home.html

Thanx for the info. Really looking for IDPA, but it's good to know a match of some kind is happening. So far, I am finding nothing for this weekend with an hour drive of my area (metro west) so it may just be a range day to work on my weak hand shooting....[rofl]

You can go to Independent and use concealment, reload with retention, and even shoot some of the stages weak hand it you want. There might even be places for cover.

You can go to Independent and use concealment, reload with retention, and even shoot some of the stages weak hand it you want. There might even be places for cover.

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

True, so true. You could even install red dot sights if you feel the need. [wink]

True, but you are a smooth shooting trouble maker.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Besides Pelham, anyone else having a match this weekend?

Riverside Gun Club. Directions

Title: IDPA Match: A Bad Day Gets Worse
Date: Sunday August 5, 2007
Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Notes: Setup is at 8 AM, registration at 8:30 AM, start at 9 AM

Members $15, Others $20

Match is open to public. No pre-registration required.

4-5 outdoor stages: Bring 150 rounds of ammo, 3 magazines/speedloaders, belt holster and a mag holder, a concealment garment, and SPF 30!

Hope to see ya there,
Chuck

Members $15, Others $20

4-5 outdoor stages: Bring 150 rounds of ammo, 3 magazines/speedloaders, belt holster and a mag holder, a concealment garment, and SPF 30!

Hope to see ya there,
Chuck

Thanx for the info Chuck. [wink]

Members $15, Others $20

Hope to see ya there,
Chuck

Good match today at Riverside. I shot zero down on all but that killer long range (75'?) string, which I dumped. Oh well. Where will the scores be posted or will it go out as an email?

Last edited:
The Riverside match was run very well and was a lot of fun. I dropped a few more points then Will B. did and also found the 25 yd stage difficult.

Will Brink, would you let me know if you find out where the score are posted?

Respectfully,

jkelly

The Riverside match was run very well and was a lot of fun. I dropped a few more points then Will B. did and also found the 25 yd stage difficult.

Respectfully,

jkelly

John... ahem.. I mean sandbagger John- you did great on that stage... nice shooting today John. I always like someone in my squad that I can "try" to catch up to. I hope you can make the match I'm running in September at Harvard!

Respectfully,

jkelly

Well I am waiting to hear where the score are also. I am on their mailing list, so the scores may go out that way.

John... ahem.. I mean sandbagger John- you did great on that stage...---Lugnut
I had three “mikes” on that stage and would have had four if “P14” wasn’t so kind on a “double”. And don’t worry if you haven't passed me already you’ll be passing me shortly, everyone always does!

And yes I'll try to make Harvard, thank you for asking.

Hope to see some of 'yall at the classifier next week at New Bedford. Who's going?---Will Brink

I haven’t practiced for the Classifier so I don’t think I will be shooting, but I might help DaveB SO should he need it.

Respectfully,

jkelly

John:

Your score sheet didn't make it home. I will drop by the club and try and find it. My apologies. I counted 13 shooters on the sign in and counted 13 sheets that I took home. One of the other shooters must not have signed in.

Again, my apologies.

Sincerely,

Bob

Your score sheet didn't make it home.---P14
Bummer, I don't remember who scored my last stage, but it should be on that clip board.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Bummer, I don't remember who scored my last stage, but it should be on that clip board.

Respectfully,

jkelly

I'm not sure if it was me John, but if it was they were all on the same clip board as I recall.

Nice job P-14 and all SO help. It was a nice day and a great time.

Bloody hell, what was Stage 1? The average points down was over 36, and the low PD was 19. Sound like a real ball buster.

LOL... yeah it was tough. Limited vickers, 4 mags loaded to 6 rounds. All behind cover. One IDPA target at 25 yds. One string from the left- 6 rounds standing, reload, 6 rounds kneeling. The other string from the other side. 24 shots on target. I thought I was lucky as all mine were on the target... but WAY too many down 3s!

Bloody hell, what was Stage 1? The average points down was over 36, and the low PD was 19. Sound like a real ball buster.

25 yards weak side leaning around cover, ya think?! I had all zeros on the next three stages but had a down 50 for that one! Hell, my range does not even have a 25 yard pistol range! My Big Dot Express sites are great for close up fast target but terrible for long distance stuff, strictly defensive distances for those sites.

Nice job John! I'm glad Rob found your score sheet. I knew you were smoking on the first stage... the one that had you so worried you started walking down range when we just about to start the COF. [rofl]

Seriously... nice smooth shooting.

…the one that had you so worried you started walking down range when we just about to start the COF. ---Lugnut

Not down range, just to the firing line, fortunately I never made it. I forgot there were two strings of fire-ooops. The stage had me very worried (I got three mikes).

Respectfully,

jkelly

Back
Top Bottom