What is your "Long Range" Rifle Platform?

I have a stand from Freeland Sports. The 3 legs are adjustable for uneven ground. I chose the Freeland over the Creedmoor because the poles and extensions are much heavier/sturdier

But honestly. I don't think it would work quite as well for really uneven ground

That stuff looks nice.

I really like it for general purpose. I did "upgrade" though by buying the Creedmoor Sports Polecat.

So I pieced it together... I would have gone all Creedmoor, but I didn't like the hollow aluminum poles for when I have the stand on the ground and want to use the pole extensions for standing height. The solid steel poles for the Freeland make it very steady

Picture of the stand on the table next to my son when I was spotting for him.

range.JPG

a lovely steak walks there by 24mrad to the right. are they munching on lead bullets down there at the range? :)
LOL a guy I see every year at Camp Ethan Allen matches has a range on his farm and he's sometimes shooting over his cattle.

That looks like Hopkinton, kinda short range for that rifle, no?

Yes it's Hoptown. That was the initial run of the rifle to sight it in.

Of course, that was it's only outing. Ha Ha Ha. I took it apart and sold it off as parts after that outing.

I had too many problems with feeding from an AICS mags. Sold that R700 off and built up an Origin for him instead.

I swear last night I had a dream I got into PRS. I dreamt I was with a few people, got the itch, went shopping and I ended up with a stupid expensive barret and some gear… then I woke up.

No idea why as have no real plans to get into it anytime soon.

Checked my credit card, and phew just a dream.

I blame @Broc lol

Last edited:
I swear last night I had a dream I got into PRS. I dreamt I was with a few people, go the itch, went shopping and I ended up with a stupid expensive barret and some gear… then I woke up.

I blame @Broc lol
I bet it was in 6.5cm

I should have never gone back to rifles, I am spending too much money.

I swear last night I had a dream I got into PRS. I dreamt I was with a few people, go the itch, went shopping and I ended up with a stupid expensive barret and some gear… then I woke up.

I blame @Broc lol
So far.

... so, when's the next meetup? Don't forget your credit card. ;)

I blame @Broc lol

Do it

I bet it was in 6.5cm

I should have never gone back to rifles, I am spending too much money.
I think it was (6.5, I would have if I was awake gone for a non gay caliber such as .300 win mag or .338 lapua, but…) . The dream was weird. All sorts of choices, advice etc. think I spent $10-15k and was like fu(k it. Why not?

I think it was (6.5, I would have if I was awake gone for a non gay caliber such as .300 win mag or .338 lapua, but…) . The dream was weird. All sorts of choices, advice etc. think I spent $10-15k and was like fu(k it. Why not?
Dude, 300 WM and 338 are gay AF. They are the calibers men shoot when they are gay but don't want others to know.

Dude, 300 WM and 338 are gay AF. They are the calibers men shoot when they are gay but don't want others to know.
I’m caliber confused. I don’t know how to identify.

Am I trans caliber? Is there a .30 rainbow or .308 cis?

Help…?

I swear last night I had a dream I got into PRS. I dreamt I was with a few people, got the itch, went shopping and I ended up with a stupid expensive barret and some gear… then I woke up.

I blame @Broc lol
One of us, one of us…

I got a chance to test wind calls this weekend. Unfortunately, I was limited to 600 yards due to overgrowth at 700 and I could barely see the 800y through the rain. When it rains here, it pours. None of that gentle New England summer rain.

My can cover was soaked and tbh, I got pretty wet too despite being under cover but it was a good time.

IMG_9048.jpeg
IMG_9049.jpeg
IMG_9052.jpeg
IMG_9056.jpeg

I got a chance to test wind calls this weekend. Unfortunately, I was limited to 600 yards due to overgrowth at 700 and I could barely see the 800y through the rain. When it rains here, it pours. None of that gentle New England summer rain.

View attachment 783702
View attachment 783703
View attachment 783704
View attachment 783705
Something I really struggle with at 700 yards and wind is finding where my first shots are landing. Once I see where im at I can bring it onto target. Probably just need more practice

My can cover was soaked and tbh, I got pretty wet too despite being under cover but it was a good time.

View attachment 783707
View attachment 783703
View attachment 783704
View attachment 783705
Lol none of the rain in new england this summer has been gentle. More like 9th circle of hell stuff with monsoons

Lol none of the rain in new england this summer has been gentle. More like 9th circle of hell stuff with monsoons

We get that every day down here. 81 degrees with 83% humidity or 96/60% lol. And when it rains, it’s like god emptied a tanker overhead. But wait ten minutes and it’s gone like nothing happened.

Which is why I decided to shoot through it and come out the other side in the clear. I’m still struggling to see hits & misses at 860 tho, kind of a pain. Dead on at 600 bc there is dirt behind it and I can adjust but 860 is in a jungle and I can’t tell how to adjust. 🫤

I should probably dust off my Savages and see where I left off - 112 in 260 AI, 10 in 308 & 223. Started messing around with 22LR from 100-300 about 3 years ago and haven't shot the centerfires since. In that sense 22LR is my long range cartridge, since for 22 my local range is long range. For centerfire long range, I've got to do some driving.

Savage 112 heavy switch-barrel: 260 Remington, 22-250, 308 Winchester and .223. Weaver 24X scope. Typically .350 groups at 100 yds with the 260 barrel.

What are you using for switch barrel? I thought the 112 still used a barrel nut for timing? Did you install a West Texas Ordnance Switchlug, or send the receiver into a barrel maker for shouldered prefits? Or do you time the barrel for headspace each time you switch?

Back
Top Bottom