What is your #1 handgun that you wish was on the MA compliance list?

One or two handguns getting compliant doesn't mean anything to me. I just want the whole thing gone so I don't have to answer questions about it anymore. [laugh] That and the stupid AWB, or at least, the limitation on new magazines. It's all obnoxious.

-Mike

The list is so arbitrary it's almost pointless to talk about, but I'm going to go with one of the more ridiculous ones:

Ruger 22/45 RP -- seriously? Replaceable panels are apparently a pretty big deal.
Or how about the Sig P226 Classic 22? Not MA compliant, but you can buy a regular 226 & buy the conversion kit.

This state sucks.

It's been pointed out before but the EOPS list isn't the real problem. The requirements for getting a handgun on that list are clear and concise. The problem is the second step in MA compliance which is abiding by the AG regs which are anything but clear and concise. The result is that companies don't bother getting a gun on the EOPS list because they know the second hurdle is more of a quagmire.

CA has a list that's essentially the same as the EOPS list and it has a lot of models on it. I think it's a safe bet that if the AG rules go away, the EOPS list will start to expand rapidly.

I just want the whole thing gone so I don't have to answer questions about it anymore. [laugh] That and the stupid AWB, or at least, the limitation on new magazines. It's all obnoxious.

-Mike

Yeah, and I hope to trip over a bag of $100's this afternoon and get stalked by Carrie Underwood [wink]

One or two handguns getting compliant doesn't mean anything to me. I just want the whole thing gone so I don't have to answer questions about it anymore. [laugh] That and the stupid AWB, or at least, the limitation on new magazines. It's all obnoxious.

-Mike

Would you like a pony with that?

I hear ponies grill up nicely.

Not a Mass. resident so I'm not bound by AG/EOPS, but as a former resident I still have a dog in the fight.

Jennings J22

I know you're joking, but I'd seriously like to see Jennings, Lorcin, HiPoint, etc. available new in Mass. stores. The guns suck, but the state has effectively legislated the poor out of tools for self defense by making them verboten. I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If you're a single mom, a disabled veteran in a wheelchair on a fixed income, an old person on a fixed income, a poor college student, or just someone down on their luck, you still have a right to be able to defend yourself. Unfortunately in Massachusetts, there is a great cost already attached to gun ownership. $50-150 for a safety course, $100 for the license, and the cheapest new handgun you can buy once you have your LTC is what, a $300 Sigma? Manufacturers charge us more here anyway because they have to pay to have their guns "safety tested" to get them approved to be sold here.

In most other free states, if your life is in danger, you can get a gun faster as I wrote about before, but you can get a gun a lot cheaper. In NH, with a photo ID you can buy a Jennings, Raven, Kel-Tec, etc. brand new for exactly the cost of the gun and a box of bullets. No, they're not great guns, and yes, most of us would be ashamed to show up at the range with one.

However, when you're living hand to mouth, the difference in cost between a Jennings and a Sigma is a heck of a lot of grocery money.

Middle class, middle aged white men aren't the only people who need to defend themselves.

Please let me know where I can find a "buy back" (sic) offering $200 for J-22's. I'll be there tomorrow.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...atest-shooting-in-Boston-and-Mumbles-reaction

Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact 40S&W

855_big_1.jpg

Beretta Cougar. Do they still make those? I was about to buy one, with a case and some extras, two days before the 1998 rules went into effect. That was when I woke up to all this nonsense.

Beretta Cougar. Do they still make those? I was about to buy one, with a case and some extras, two days before the 1998 rules went into effect. That was when I woke up to all this nonsense.

I've seen a few of them for sale secondhand. It's not a loved pistol, you shouldn't have any trouble finding one if you look hard enough.

-Mike

I really want a Taurus Judge. Can I buy one out of state, and have it transferred by a FFl?

No. The Mass. FFL would get in trouble if they transferred it to you.

Here's a question for some of the older (well, older than me) people on NES. Was there a mad rush to buy every non-compliant handgun from the FFL's in Mass. right before the law changed? I'm thinking that since people were about halfway through the 94 AWB at the time they were probably feeling a sense of dread about having an even shorter list of available guns.

That thing prolly has a fireball the size of a beach ball when fired... [rofl]

-Mike

I third the draco. And I would find some ridiculous way to conceal it, just once....just to have a 30 rd beast in 7.62 under my coat.....ahhhhhh

Given the number & variety of guns on the "approved" list, pardon my ignorance, (I'm from Pa.) but what are the reasons or criteria for choosing which firearms make the "approved" list, & which do not ??Here in Pa. I may buy any legally manufactured or imported firearm except "Class III". Without any real hassles except the instant background check.

Back
Top Bottom