What firearm(s) would you bring?

The scooter has nothing that an EMP would damage.

Perhaps you've seen the rifle rack I have for it. (^_^)

I'd have to make several trips, but rescue would take a half a day. Hopefully before the natives realize how bad it is.

Telepathically uploaded via Google implants.

Interesting subject. While I have thought about (fantasized) a scenario like this, if you seriously think about it you get a little different twist. Change it from the Cape to Amherst and it is my set-up. If you read all the other input (and I am all about learning from others, especially here), you think a little differently. This is based on my current inventory.
Initially I would say taking my new battle rifle (M1A) because I am currently enamored with it (yes I love this rifle), but to bear that burden for 200 mile . . . ya no. Other thoughts are range (what range do you think you will be covering), power (one shot target down), accuracy (depending on range). Rem 870 w/18 in barrel, extended mag and Bandoleer of 00 Buck for crowd control. Like others have stated, long range to be avoided. For slinging lead Baretta 92F with 3 mags, for power and accuracy, S&W Model 19 . 357 Mag w/ 2 speed loaders. For backup/conceal Colt .380 Gov't + 3 mags.

Carrying a bunch of Ammo does not make good logistical sense so what is in the mags will need to be how you gear your interaction with others. However, extra .357 Mag would be suggested. Additionally having a few arms for your family is good for the return trip, too. Especially my wife who is a dead eye. Her Ruger security six might have to make the trip. My Ruger single six (.22 WMR) would be a good gun for one of the girls and the Ruger MK II .22 LR for the other. .22 is good for schlepping; 100 rounds each should be good for the mission; make them carry their own supply back.

Lots of things to think about. I know that this is just conjecture, but really think about what is needed for the mission. Things change. It is a good exercise and good for the NES community to think in teams.

Sorry, I've been away. Is this Glock snobbery? I've heard it existed but so far have only seen it from a distance. I wonder if on the receiving end the difference can be told between a Glock launched projectile and a projection launched by a more pedestrian firearm? Here's a good video that I think that it might be worthwhile to peruse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTEswkc4lPs

Kidding around and snobbery aside, if a firearm is very reliable and accurate, it should be valued, no matter what the "brand". At least that's how I feel.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a Taurus PT 99 in 9mm that is the most accurate and reliable pistol I own. [/QUOTE
Time to get the Glock refurbished. [shocked] [rofl] [wink]
White Feather

Acquire a crew of murderous cut throats and brigands , commandeer the USS Constitution from Charlestown navy yard. rescue the wench , burn a few towns and take a few prizes. Head for Florida for Spring Break.

Back
Top Bottom