• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you do with unusable but unfired ammo?

Winchester white box 9mm always seems to have 102 or 103 rounds in it. Anyone else notice this?

... back in the day, when it was a better deal, sometimes it was also a round or two short, too. [laugh] My experience was sometimes you'd get like 99, sometimes you'd get like 103, and a lot of times it was right on 100.

-Mike

Toss it into a co-worker's briefcase, as s/he leaves for the airport.

j/k

images

Its been posted, but it bears repeating:

Call the manufacturer, they will have you send it back in the original box and compensate you for your troubles.
That would have made sense and if I had been thinking I would have saved the boxes, but they are gone now. Oh well. I'll look for a dud can at the range.

Dump it in the ocean.... or dig a hole and bury it.. that's what the goverment does with our trash. So why not..

give it out at halloween. How else are the kids going to get bullets so they can smash them with a rock. We used to go down to the sand pit. Always found something. Theyre ruining childhood.

Out of the last couple of boxes of Federal 9mm target ammo, I have two rounds that came from the factory not usable - they had the top of the casing folded folded under in a spot. Setting aside the lack of quality control at Federal that allowed me to get two of these rounds withing maybe three boxes, what do you do with ammo like that? I don't want to throw it in the trash, obviously, but on the other hand, I don't want to have a growing collection of useless ammo, either. (I have an older .22 that has semi-routine failures which occasionally ruins a round as well)

Every once in a while a reload will turn out that way. If it chambers I shoot it. If it doesn't chamber I disassemble it and reuse whatever components I can save.

In MA -

1. Wipe prints off cartridge
2. Find a car with an anti-gun or obama sticker on it that has an open window on it. (Prob no FID/LTC)
3. Toss in car
4. Make an anonymous call and report the plate driving erratically.
5. Let moonbat experience the laws they cheer for first hand.
lol

In MA -

1. Wipe prints off cartridge
2. Find a car with an anti-gun or obama sticker on it that has an open window on it. (Prob no FID/LTC)
3. Toss in car
4. Make an anonymous call and report the plate driving erratically.
5. Let moonbat experience the laws they cheer for first hand.
lol

LOL at this one. Nice work.

Take a cup or can & add a little penetrating oil (like WD40 or???)... enough that the bullet is submerged.

Leave it soaking in there. The penetrating oil will kill the primer.

You still might want to contact the MFG. they might send coupons!

Back
Top Bottom