What did you do to your firearm today.

Assembled my first AR lower from the group buys here. Watched a youtube video and just followed along.

Anderson closed lower group buy
LPK is from AWS on here when they did a buy
Grip was from amazon
Stock is CAA. CBS model. Very comfortable so far. Purchased on here as well.
Upper reciever is from Damage Industries from the link posted here.

Attachments

• 20151018_083707.jpg
    20151018_083707.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 44
Yesterday: Put on a Limbsaver recoil pad to the AR-15 Sport (The StrikeFire II red dot went on 2 weekends ago) and cleaned the bolt, barrel and breach.

At the range: 50 rounds .38 Specials in the Ruger SP101, and half a box of 45's in my Colt National Match 1911.

Why? serious question
Good question....Granted there isn't a lot of recoil to the rifle, but for me, it added a nice extra half or three-quarter reach to the pinned stock, but more for my wife as she broke her shoulder rather nastily a few years ago and every bit of cushioning makes it easier for her to still want fire the AR now and then.

Good question....Granted there isn't a lot of recoil to the rifle, but for me, it added a nice extra half or three-quarter reach to the pinned stock, but more for my wife as she broke her shoulder rather nastily a few years ago and every bit of cushioning makes it easier for her to still want fire the AR now and then.

Fair enough. I wondered about the length of pull, being in MA with a fixed stock. Thanks!

Took a half-day off from work, and me and the Mrs did some basic range time on a nice but windy afternoon. She had her Colt Frontier Scout, and I had my PPK and my S&W 9mm Pro 1911. Went to GS a few towns over and bought some ammo and picked up a nice old Bianchi 19L holster for my Hi-Power for $5.00 out of their margin holster bin!

Quick re-clean of the Browning HP and my Ruger Blackhawk Convertible (9mm/.357). I hadn't touched them since late summer so an inspection and wipe-down was due.

I prepped a couple rifles for a Veteran's Day range trip. I gave them the 'once over', wiped them down with Ballistol and fit their newly acquired hood ornaments.

Springfield 1903 made in 1918. Bayonet is a Springfield made in 1909.

Eddystone M1917 also made in 1918 with a remington bayonet from 1916.

Built another AR. Lefty Stag upper, Donkey. Show Lower, cmmg lpk,and Slide-fire stock.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20151112_063731.jpg
    ForumRunner_20151112_063731.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 30
Replaced the grips on the Ruger SR 1911..
grip4-1.jpg

....more test n' tune to work out a failure to go into battery issue (just requires a slide tap to seat the cartridge fullly every 3 or 4 rounds. methinks its may need a few hundred more rounds of break-in to loosen up the spring). Its a 2009, never shot, 9mm SR9. Has been cleaned several times to get the factory oil (now thick gunk) out.....a nice shooter.

SR9%20ODG_zpswes3wcpk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

....more test n' tune to work out a failure to go into battery issue (just requires a slide tap to seat the cartridge fullly every 3 or 4 rounds. methinks its may need a few hundred more rounds of break-in to loosen up the spring). Its a 2009, never shot, 9mm SR9. Has been cleaned several times to get the factory oil (now thick gunk) out.....a nice shooter.

SR9%20ODG_zpswes3wcpk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
On mine it was the extractor spring so was tight it was stopping against the back of the bullet, pollished it and no problems since

Bought another mag for my Ruger MkIII 22/45... did a quick de burr, clean, and lube, on the new mag and it functioned flawlessly.
Re visited the use of the compensator on the same gun and decided it was not needed. The rounds landed 2 1/2 inches lower and in a wider pattern.
Played with a thumbs up grip... seemed steady but felt weird. Might revisit this later... I've been using the cup and saucer hold for 30 years.
Pulled off the target grips and installed the factory flat rubber. did some off hand shooting practice for the first time with this gun,... good results.

Attached my new alien gear shells to a couple leather backings I had. One for a shield, one for a Glock. Waiting patiently for a don Hume holster in the mail...

Not gun related....but played with my new wort chiller for home brewing!!!!! Planning for both brews and pews in the near future.

Doing a complete action job on my Marlin 1894, very rough machining, so the result should be very much improved. Just polishing the sear and breaking the edge, produced a significant improvement in the trigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom