What did you do in the reloading room recently?

The real problem with Vhit is maintaining a constant supply of it. If I started using it again I'd lay in an extra years worth of the stuff. It seems like it comes over in containers and when it dries up, it dries up.

Saying N320 is cleaner than (anything) is like telling us bears shit in the woods. [smile] VV is cleaner than nearly everything. [laugh] I had both, I stuck with titegroup at the time because it was easier for me to maintain a supply of that stuff. Yeah it is dirtier than VV but my titegroup loads were still cleaner than commercial ammo was on the whole.

-Mike

Very true. It's been readily available this year but I know typically it's super rare stuff to find.

Interesting that your TG loads burned cleaner than commercial ammo. My 4-4.2 gr loads with a plated 115 gr RN bullet are awful. I get fouling/unburned powder all over my arms and hands. I really should try upping the charge to see if it improves. Of course I will lose the softer recoil. I'm also sure my crimp is adequate as I do the push test against my bench and they don't move.

Using 3.9 gr of N320 under a 125 gr JHP, a few rounds here and there will leave some unburned powder or fouling on the gun and on my arm but not nearly as bad as TG. I think it's because of the low charges I'm using just to make PF.

But they all shoot well so that's what counts. Just need to clean my guns more often.

Last edited:
Loaded 200rds of .45ACP with the 185gr Berrys FP bullets. Went very smoothly. The 1.135 COL seems so short compared to the 230gr I had just loaded, almost looks wrong haha. Swapped the press over and did 100rds of .44 MAG 50 with 31gr of H110 and 50 with 14gr of CFE pistol using 180gr XTPs

Over the last couple days I tumbled a bunch of 223 and 44 mag brass. Need to load up the last of my Hornady 180 gr XTPs.
Also continued trimming 223 cases.

Set up the press (Lyman T-Mag II) on the new bench in part of the basement. Had to put the 5' wide wood bench together myself since there's no one else around (did that yesterday). Put the press onto a 'strong mount' made for me by another NES member which lifts it off the table and spreads the forces over a much wider area. I'll probably be moving the powder and such into that same area.

I also wall mounted one of the LED panels I had in the old place right next to the bench. Throws a shit-ton of light into that section. More than I need for that area, but it's not about need. [wink]

I'm thinking about using a section of thick rubber I found during unpacking for the tumbler to sit on.

Last weekend I loaded the last of my 44 cal 180 gr XTPs with 296 and then started using the X-treme plated 240 gr RNFP bullets. Then moved onto testing the powder coated "zombie" 147 gr RN 9mm bullets with N320 powder. Shot accurately and very clean compared to my 115 and 124 gr loads.

I cleaned, stripped, primed, leveled, and laid new flooring then threw some paint on the walls.
e6de20bfdba4fe095628eec15144846a.jpg

ee4a094a4338ce475fff9800be58d506.jpg

2c84b1a47d0a5b1132ee95cc43751256.jpg

24708ca411e6cc9fb7d7413c9a5fd026.jpg

Safe expansion is slated for March so I wanted to be ready. I will take a complete "after" pic tonight if I remember.

Tumbled a bunch of once fired 9mmm brass yesterday, cleaned up my bench got everything organized. Got the new bullets I'm making up loads for 125gr conical JHP Zero ready to go,filled powder measure adjusted to the proper drop. Started running cases on my second one when after sizing and pulling the handle back up it made a loud crack noise. The case was sideways in the shell plate and the carbide came out of the dillon die. No idea why. I had to knock the case out of the carbide. Lip on the case was junk and I no longer trust the shell holder. It was a new speer 9mm brass, was seated all the way in the shell plate. So I dumped the powder back into its container. Walked upstairs and watch football after ordering the new die and shell plate. Oh well, I wanted to try out the Lee full length resizing die anyways for my glocked 9mm brass.

Tumbled a bunch of once fired 9mmm brass yesterday, cleaned up my bench got everything organized. Got the new bullets I'm making up loads for 125gr conical JHP Zero ready to go,filled powder measure adjusted to the proper drop. Started running cases on my second one when after sizing and pulling the handle back up it made a loud crack noise. The case was sideways in the shell plate and the carbide came out of the dillon die. No idea why. I had to knock the case out of the carbide. Lip on the case was junk and I no longer trust the shell holder. It was a new speer 9mm brass, was seated all the way in the shell plate. So I dumped the powder back into its container. Walked upstairs and watch football after ordering the new die and shell plate. Oh well, I wanted to try out the Lee full length resizing die anyways for my glocked 9mm brass.

That stinks.

I've never tried the conical Zero bullets before. I see they're just a tad more money than the standard JHPs. You'll have to report back on how they shoot.

That stinks.

They were out of stock of the .38 super so I figured I'd give these a try for $4.00 why not? They are very close looks wise to the Hornady HAP I used for a while other than being .355 instead of .356. When I get my press back up and running I'll let you know how they are

Last edited:
They were out of stock of the .38 super so I figured I'd give these a try for $4.00 why not? They are very close looks wise to the Hornady HAP I used for a while other than being .355 instead of .356. When I get my press back up and running I'll let you know how they are

Yeah definitely worth a shot.

Just curious, did you call them? Most of the time their website will show out of stock but if you call them they'll say they're in stock. I've had to do this a few times with my last couple orders.

No , I usually just look online. I'll keep that in mind next time.

The carbide insert came out of the die! From a Dillon die......I thought they where debest!
While your waiting get some of that green bearing retention loctite press insert back in and get back to loading.

Last edited:
9655f882c4b501854d8ccd130e945e74.jpg

Wife gave me the "Tactical Girls" calendar for Xmas so that's hanging on the wall behind the door (away from the prying eyes of MIL).

9655f882c4b501854d8ccd130e945e74.jpg

Wife gave me the "Tactical Girls" calendar for Xmas so that's hanging on the wall behind the door (away from the prying eyes of MIL).

Nice room. I think you should give MIL the tour and point out your gift from your wife........
Also fix your flag. Stars to the left....the boy scout in me.

Sloppy flag, my bad. Fixed. MIL saw when I opened the present and isn't so much liberal as she is ignorant and "oh my gawd GGGuuunnnzzz!"

9637907a3800ba68376a2c4619535e03.jpg

Yes those are shotgun shell Xmas lights.

Last edited:
Sloppy flag, my bad. Fixed. MIL saw when I opened the present and isn't so much liberal as she is ignorant and "oh my gawd GGGuuunnnzzz!"

9637907a3800ba68376a2c4619535e03.jpg

Yes those are shotgun shell Xmas lights.

are they pre ban lights.......... my great uncle said "JUST FLY IT" when it comes to the flag. First thibg I did when i bought my house is put up a flag pole in his honor.

Back
Top Bottom