What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Try dish washing gloves.

Also finally tried out the .223 Giraud tri way trimmer. Works great! So far I've only been trimming mixed LC brass but they've all trimmed between 1.748-1.750". Not bad. Much better results than with 30-06. Gives a pretty deep chamfer inside the casemouth too.
I just need to find some better gloves to hold onto the cases with. Nitrile gloves will give me blisters after a few hundred cases I suspect.
View attachment 156210View attachment 156211

Nice room. I think you should give MIL the tour and point out your gift from your wife........
Also fix your flag. Stars to the left....the boy scout in me.

Stars on side where grabbing flag to advance will let them fly in attack, not retreat. Correct imnsho.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/bfs/5400738178.html

00Z0Z_cUb9u3kwtql_600x450.jpg

Anyone seen mis-stamped brass before?? I was reading a recent reloading thread over on the CZ forums and this guy found a Winchester 9mm case that was stamped .40 S&W. I've never heard or seen photos of that until today. I'm sure it happens but not very common.

View attachment 155887

Save it as a collectable, you know how much mis-stamped coins are worth!

Make sure you have a whole 50 pound bad of corncob to load it with. Not sure anyone could afford the walnut that would fit in it with a full load of brass.

I get mine on Amazon. They sell it for pets: 25# of WALNUT SHELLS for $30.

Last edited:
Clint sales is like $20 something bucks for 50# and it's the grit o cob which is known for consistency and low dust. Cost me just as much to ship but $1 a pound for top notch media is awesome.
Anyone close by could probably pick it up and save the shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep eyes open for sales at pet smart and also look for damaged bags.
I bought a life time supply few years ago. By 1 get 1 free and 3 damaged bags for free.

Clint sales is like $20 something bucks for 50# and it's the grit o cob which is known for consistency and low dust. Cost me just as much to ship but $1 a pound for top notch media is awesome.
Anyone close by could probably pick it up and save the shipping.

Ahh yes Clint sales right in Beverly - how could I forget. Also a member here on NES. I'll need some in the next few months or so.

I'm really liking the .223 tri way trimmer. I trimmed through ~200 cases today pretty quickly. All +\- 0.003".

Stars on side where grabbing flag to advance will let them fly in attack, not retreat. Correct imnsho.

Stars lead the charge so they say. Fixxah is right.

Flag on left shoulder, stars on left (forward). Flag on right shoulder, stars on right (also forward).

I wear a flag on my hat that has the stars on the right. Think twice before correcting me folks, this flag has probably been flown in Afghanistan, has yours?

Stars lead the charge so they say. Fixxah is right.

Flag on left shoulder, stars on left (forward). Flag on right shoulder, stars on right (also forward).

I wear a flag on my hat that has the stars on the right. Think twice before correcting me folks, this flag has probably been flown in Afghanistan, has yours?

as long as its embroidered on and not a patch......i kid......

4 U.S.C 1

"When the flag is displayed against a wall vertically or horizontally, its union (stars) should be at the top, to the flag's own right, and to the observer's left."

Posted in another thread, figured I'd share here too.

I work in a factory that consumes very heavy small parts (small ball bearing balls, rivets in stainless and copper, etc) so these containers come for free. The square is about 6" across the corners, for scale.
Small ones are great for bulk 22lr, or 32 S&W Long reloads, tall ones are great for returning with brass from a range day.
Big squares are great for storage of brass in process or that has already been cleaned, not to mention cleaning media and whatever else fits in them.
All are airtight.

attachment.php

Posted in another thread, figured I'd share here too.

I work in a factory that consumes very heavy small parts (small ball bearing balls, rivets in stainless and copper, etc) so these containers come for free. The square is about 6" across the corners, for scale.
Small ones are great for bulk 22lr, or 32 S&W Long reloads, tall ones are great for returning with brass from a range day.
Big squares are great for storage of brass in process or that has already been cleaned, not to mention cleaning media and whatever else fits in them.
All are airtight.

attachment.php

Got extras? In!

They were out of stock of the .38 super so I figured I'd give these a try for $4.00 why not? They are very close looks wise to the Hornady HAP I used for a while other than being .355 instead of .356. When I get my press back up and running I'll let you know how they are

FWIW, I just ordered some of those conical 125 gr JHPs. I emailed CS about the newer conical style bullets and she wrote back to me earlier:

The conical JHP is a competition JHP - so it doesn't have the expansion that the traditional JHP does - but it is very accurate! Both are accurate, but the conical seem to be a little more so. It kinda just depends on what you like to shoot I guess.

Same price as the traditional JHPs, sounds good to me!

FWIW, I just ordered some of those conical 125 gr JHPs. I emailed CS about the newer conical style bullets and she wrote back to me earlier:

The conical JHP is a competition JHP - so it doesn't have the expansion that the traditional JHP does - but it is very accurate! Both are accurate, but the conical seem to be a little more so. It kinda just depends on what you like to shoot I guess.

Same price as the traditional JHPs, sounds good to me!

Great. I haven't made any yet. Hopefully this weekend I'll get to clean up my disaster in my area and make some rounds.

Haven't done much reloading lately, so to get myself back into gear I picked up a bullet puller die to pull a short run of mistakes. Then when I got home I realized that I forgot to get a collet for the damn thing.

4.1g BE-86. It was just a really light load that worked well in my M&P. In my VP9 the accuracy was like birdshot. I loaded up some hotter ones for tomorrows range trip, I'm sure that wil correct the issues.

Hmm. I've never used BE-86 before. No experience with a VP9 either. Hopefully you'll figure it out or maybe others on here might have some tips.

After buying a house and moving in my reloading room won't be ready for a month or maybe more. I snagged one of my old reloading benches from the cellar and reinforced the underside to mount more pressed. I originally built this bench when I only had one press mounted. Now it's going to be set up for 3 presses and a lube sizer.

I mounted the Hornady measure on top of the rockchucker to see how I like that.
At least I'll be able to do some simple reloading while I'm working on the new reloading room.

The new room is going to be 12x20. I'm so excited. Just need to paint and put down laminate flooring. It needs new windows too but that will come in the spring.

I'll finally have a real reloading room.

Back
Top Bottom