• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Nice looking ammo. What's the parent case on that?

And ball powder?!?! Yeah h110 is like that as well.....It's like playing with tiny bb's the shit goes everywhere.
22 TCM
223 / 556 is the parent case. I have some factory ammo in nickle cases that are identical dimensions to 223 and fit that shell holder, but these brass cases were purchased as new, primed brass from Rock Island / Armscore, and will only fit a 9mm shell holder.

Gladiator Rail Systems - made by whirlpool or maytag or some company that will be sold out to the Chinese .gov in the next month or two.

got the tip from @EddieCoyle years ago and never looked back. The bins/accessories are proprietary to the rails, but I only use it for the bins. the shit is REALLY cheap on Amazon and super easy to install w/a countersink and a level.
shit, I got a bunch of bins already...also checked amazon not really cheap ?
I have been trying to find some DIN rails locally ,

Last edited:
Switched over the 650 last night (or the night before?) and started the first batch of fuddy-five in a looong time. Holy shit, if anyones missing small primer 45ACP Im pretty sure I know where it all ended up [laugh]
I have not reloaded 45 in for ever, took me a few years to go through my stash of cast plinkers! Rebuilt a old lee pro1000 just for 45 only to realize I dont have a powder through expander die for 45! Sucks to as I ordered a bunch of repair parts from lee over the weekend and llooks like they will be here Friday.
I have one more carrier to rebuild for 38/357/9mm or 32SW ? I can change out the plates easy enough but the entire carrier is just as easy to switch out. Just need to score some 3 hole die plates to set up my other lee die sets.

I have not reloaded 45 in for ever, took me a few years to go through my stash of cast plinkers! Rebuilt a old lee pro1000 just for 45 only to realize I dont have a powder through expander die for 45! Sucks to as I ordered a bunch of repair parts from lee over the weekend and llooks like they will be here Friday.
I have one more carrier to rebuild for 38/357/9mm or 32SW ? I can change out the plates easy enough but the entire carrier is just as easy to switch out. Just need to score some 3 hole die plates to set up my other lee die sets.

I'll send you a Lee .45 powder through/expander die......brand new. I only load fmj and do not use the expander. PM me your mailing address and I'll send it off by the end of the week.

I finally got going after having my equipment for years.

Setup the Rock Crusher Supreme with my RCBS 10mm does using Hornady Lock-N-Load die bushings.

Went back and reviewed all of my coarse material from the class I took from EC years ago.

Setup two different runs for the 10mm using the outline EC posted here years and years ago concerning that caliber.

Right now I am cleaning all the 9mm brass a friend had collected for me from the club and will than set my RCBS dies and make a few runs of that caliber.

Years ago I had originally picked up the small digital scale I believe EC had suggested as a nice starter scale but since than I purchased a RCBS ChargeMaster. Love that thing!

And lastly I need to get to the club and test them out.

Last edited:
Looking for scale reccomemdations. I’ve got a a couple cheaper digital scales but looking for something reliable. Really would like to get a beam as well as digital that I can rely on. Reviews are all over the board depending where you read.
Looking at the Redding and RCBS M500 bean scale and than possibly Frankford platinum or RCBS rangemaster 2000 digital. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Not loading any precision rifle rounds and they would be used for checks and balances.

Looking for scale reccomemdations. I’ve got a a couple cheaper digital scales but looking for something reliable. Really would like to get a beam as well as digital that I can rely on. Reviews are all over the board depending where you read.
Looking at the Redding and RCBS M500 bean scale and than possibly Frankford platinum or RCBS rangemaster 2000 digital. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Not loading any precision rifle rounds and they would be used for checks and balances.
I like my Dillon. Mostly because it’s Dillon and I drink the kool aid

Haha I did look at those too but I drank the looks of when I bought the 550. Drinking beer now so don’t care if it’s Dillon or whoever just looking for good reliable scales.
i have accumulated a few beam scales over the years, redding #2, RCBS 505 , and Hause all are 30 plus years old. They are darn near the same in construction and all seem to be right on. i also have a $10 digiweigh which has been better than my Hornady scale that came with my press.
I picked up a Lyman Gen6 scale last year.....its not fancy and a bit slow but has been great. i use it for my smaller lots of reloads where I need a bit more consistency.

The RCBS chargemaster is awesome. If you splurge for the auto dispenser it'll change your life. There's nothing that makes reloading precision
rounds more reassuring and easy than pressing a button and getting exactly what you want everytime.

Also make sure you get a McD straw if you buy the whole shebang.

If you want a progressive powder drop any of them are fine. I have 2 Lee's with adjustable charge bars and they work very reliably, +/-0.1gr.

If you want to hand drop stick powders the RCBS uniflow on a single stage is great for powders like 4320 and Varget

I have a older RCBS beam scale that I used for years (made by Ohaus) that looks identical to the Dillon beam scale (except for the color) and a Pact electronic scale (NIB) that I'll be listing for sale probably tomorrow.

Grabbed one of these 5 or so years ago-

Good for what I'm doin, which is all handgun loads these days.

Yeah, I started with one of those and then splurged on a slightly "nicer" (but still cheap) one.

I'm a Dillon guy, but when it comes to scales I just don't get the price difference. Every digital scale I've looked at regardless of cost is accurate to .1 grain....even the cheap one posted here. If that's true....what's the point of buying a "nicer" one other than looks ? (remember, I already did just that)

Im pretty sure theres only a small number of companies making these scales anyway. Its not like Hornady or Dillon are making scales, they just ger branded that way.

Been using the FA scale listed above with no issues. Also have the Lyman gen6 which I like.

Yeah, I started with one of those and then splurged on a slightly "nicer" (but still cheap) one.

I'm a Dillon guy, but when it comes to scales I just don't get the price difference. Every digital scale I've looked at regardless of cost is accurate to .1 grain....even the cheap one posted here. If that's true....what's the point of buying a "nicer" one other than looks ? (remember, I already did just that)

There isn't really, at least for handgun loads. Quicker than a beam?
More of an index reference than anything else, go up X amount, go down X amount.
Back when I had patience, I used to cross check listed velocity from a book against a chrono and then go from there.
It was good for that, got me in what I called "the ballpark" of where I wanted to be.
If the powder and powder measure combo work well and can throw the same charge 1000 times in a row without having to stop every 30 rounds to readjust it, then life is good.

For rifle I'd probably use something different. That stuff's a whole different animal. The ball and stick powder like Reloader 15 used to drive me up a wall, or the chunky stuff like 700/800X. That stuff metered like oatmeal.

I found this not to be as accurate as my old RCBS balance beam from 1978.
However I found this to be great for sorting brass.

There isn't really, at least for handgun loads. Quicker than a beam?
More of an index reference than anything else, go up X amount, go down X amount.
Back when I had patience, I used to cross check listed velocity from a book against a chrono and then go from there.
It was good for that, got me in what I called "the ballpark" of where I wanted to be.
If the powder and powder measure combo work well and can throw the same charge 1000 times in a row without having to stop every 30 rounds to readjust it, then life is good.

For rifle I'd probably use something different. That stuff's a whole different animal. The ball and stick powder like Reloader 15 used to drive me up a wall, or the chunky stuff like 700/800X. That stuff metered like oatmeal.

Also remember small capacity pistol rounds make metering more important than .223 or larger.

If you have a 5gr Titegroup load for 9mm 115gr, 0.1gr is a 2% variance in your load. That it not insignificant if you are trying to be on the bleeding edge of a specific load target.

If you are loading .223 with 25.0gr of Varget on the other hand, a 0.1gr swing is only 0.4% load variance. so much lower impact on the end result.

If you're doing something like 30-06 it's nearly completely insignificant. If you're loading 50bmg your looking. At 200gr+ loads. Anything within 600yds and I doubt the avg shooter would notice quality of a +/- 5gr load.

I made 8 loads with bullets from 55 to 80 grains for a new upper that showed up yesterday. It's a 20" bull barrel in .223 Wylde with a 1 in 8 twist. It's from Davidson Defense. I've never bought from them but it looks good and was very inexpensive. They were recommended to me by one of the FFLs at the mill

Thanks to a great deal from WEGMAN
I have more stuff to play with.
Got the lyman 450 up and running just need dies in the sizes I need. It worked great . Used Alox lube and even in my cool/cold basement it flowed well. Im going to need a heater for my normal lube image.jpg

Going to play with the Old lyman mold mext

Back
Top Bottom