What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Picked up an RCBS pocket swager die set and started processing the massive bag of mixed 556 and 223 brass I’ve been stockpiling and avoiding. Works great. Also picked 2500 55gn projectiles so I can be more productive working from home ;)
Noice. Idk if I can bring myself to process my 223 brass again. I’ll probably just continue shipping it to that brass processor.

Noice. Idk if I can bring myself to process my 223 brass again. I’ll probably just continue shipping it to that brass processor.

Is this something we can talk about on an open forum? I have entirely more 5.56 brass than I need. Wouldn't mind turning some into cash.

I forgot I had a small amount of Reloader 15 left so I ordered some Sierra 77 gr 223 bullets along with some x39 ammo. Had to spend $49 to get free shipping. Anyway those just arrived today.
Then I picked up the last pound of Sport Pistol powder at Glenn’s in N. Reading today. The panic buying has me buying a little extra powder....

Took my nephew, who just turned 18, to the range.
His first time ever touching a firearm - took him through 22lr, 380, 38 spl, 9mm, 45 acp

What does this have to do with reloading- He and my son went through enough ammo that it will be a few weekends work to replenish.

IMG_20200314_195939501.jpg
Also got to verify my bottle adapter for Lee Powder drops

Off work today and tomorrow because of the corona crap. Figure I can pass the time by reloading and hitting the range. Had the whole range to myself this afternoon and managed to score a bunch of 357, 44 mag, and 30-30 brass. Gotta love non-reloaders....

Blasted through 357 mag with the Marlin and 223 with the AR. Finally shot some of this Federal bulk pack 223 from Walmart today. Holy crap is it loaded hot. Really loud and lots of flash. Accuracy was “okay” but it was very obvious that there was a lot of variation in the powder charges based on the noise/blast. Can’t really complain for 14 cents per round though...
675BB334-9C21-41E4-A073-DB6EDC91BCA9.jpeg 5A49FD09-909A-4449-85FE-3313769C7016.jpeg

Yesterday I loaded the last of the pink 9mm bullets for the wife. Tomorrow Ill probably continue cranking out 9mm with blue bullets. Though a lot of matches are being canceled which really sucks.

Off work today and tomorrow because of the corona crap. Figure I can pass the time by reloading and hitting the range. Had the whole range to myself this afternoon and managed to score a bunch of 357, 44 mag, and 30-30 brass. Gotta love non-reloaders....

Blasted through 357 mag with the Marlin and 223 with the AR. Finally shot some of this Federal bulk pack 223 from Walmart today. Holy crap is it loaded hot. Really loud and lots of flash. Accuracy was “okay” but it was very obvious that there was a lot of variation in the powder charges based on the noise/blast. Can’t really complain for 14 cents per round though...
View attachment 339289View attachment 339290

Yesterday I loaded the last of the pink 9mm bullets for the wife. Tomorrow Ill probably continue cranking out 9mm with blue bullets. Though a lot of matches are being canceled which really sucks.
Man your club always seems to have some fancy brass lying around. If you ever need some steel 223 or a metric ton of 9mm mixed with just enough 380 to be totally annoying, come on over to Andover.

Man your club always seems to have some fancy brass lying around. If you ever need some steel 223 or a metric ton of 9mm mixed with just enough 380 to be totally annoying, come on over to Andover.
I know!! Tempting...I’ll keep you posted...😂

I’m quickly acquiring 30-30 brass for when I will most likely inherit my 90 year old grandfathers Marlin 336 that he’s had since the early 60s...
Got a decent amount from just a few range trips lol. Seems like I score 40+ cases each time.
I didn’t even pick up all the 44 brass today since I literally have so much. I did keep all the 357 brass though.

Someone left a huge amount of 300 Win Mag last week...
The 30-06 has been drying up, maybe COVID19 is keeping the older cartridge shooters inside, or someone's been beating me to the punch.

But yes, last few weeks has been all 223 and 9mm really...I nabbed all my Makarov cases and my WW2 bolt-actions keep the brass nice and close.

Someone left a huge amount of 300 Win Mag last week...
The 30-06 has been drying up, maybe COVID19 is keeping the older cartridge shooters inside, or someone's been beating me to the punch.

But yes, last few weeks has been all 223 and 9mm really...I nabbed all my Makarov cases and my WW2 bolt-actions keep the brass nice and close.
I used to take a good look around to see if anyone left any goodies behind but lately at the most I make a half hearted sweep through. Also seems like a lot of people are just dumping random brass and steel into the buckets regardless of caliber, resulting in a giant mess that not many want to sort through.

I used to take a good look around to see if anyone left any goodies behind but lately at the most I make a half hearted sweep through. Also seems like a lot of people are just dumping random brass and steel into the buckets regardless of caliber, resulting in a giant mess that not many want to sort through.
Yeah, I love seeing that. It's not like they're labeled or anything...

..I nabbed all my Makarov cases and my WW2 bolt-actions keep the brass nice and close.

Every 9x18 gun I've owned chucks the brass pretty damn far. I have probably 1200 rounds of factory S&B, Geco, Norinco and Fiocci 9x18 packed away but I save that for a rainy day. My reloads are fairly tame and the brass stays somewhat close compared to factory stuff. The downside is an occasional FTF but I don't really mind. I'm not competing with a Makarov and I stopped carrying my East German when I discovered the P938. ;)
I have a little less than a 5-gal bucket of assorted 9x18 brass, and yes I've even tried trimming 9x19 to use as 9x18. It's a pain in the ass and not really worth the time.

Every 9x18 gun I've owned chucks the brass pretty damn far. I have probably 1200 rounds of factory S&B, Geco, Norinco and Fiocci 9x18 packed away but I save that for a rainy day. My reloads are fairly tame and the brass stays somewhat close compared to factory stuff. The downside is an occasional FTF but I don't really mind. I'm not competing with a Makarov and I stopped carrying my East German when I discovered the P938. ;)
I have a little less than a 5-gal bucket of assorted 9x18 brass, and yes I've even tried trimming 9x19 to use as 9x18. It's a pain in the ass and not really worth the time.
I've converted maybe 15 9x19 cases just to try it. Not a terrible option as the trimmer I sued was like $6. But I wouldn't do it unless I had to, or needed to load a ton of Makarov for some reason (as opposed to a plinking box here and there).

For whatever reason, my OAL on 9x18 sometimes doesn't fit in the mag for whatever reason. But, they shoot just fine.

Reloading supplies for 9mm got scare quick. There seems to be powder, primer and brass but bullets went slim overnight. Brownells is out of all but specialty, Midway has some stock but its looking lean.

Reloading supplies for 9mm got scare quick. There seems to be powder, primer and brass but bullets went slim overnight. Brownells is out of all but specialty, Midway has some stock but its looking lean.
You’re doing it wrong if you’re buying 9mm bullets from Midway or Brownell’s IMO.
All my sources for coated jacketed and plated bullets have them in stock.
What type of bullets/weight are you looking for?

Just bought enough Federal small pistol primers to last me the rest of my life (was actually just trying to 'fill out' a hazmat charge since I have everything else I need for the foreseeable future) and a .40 bullet mould/sizer/handles (already have a setup for 9mm) and will be using up some of my stored lead for practice rounds...figure I should use it since I bothered to move it a thousand miles west recently.

You’re doing it wrong if you’re buying 9mm bullets from Midway or Brownell’s IMO.
All my sources for coated jacketed and plated bullets have them in stock.
What type of bullets/weight are you looking for?

I figured I would start up my 9mm line. I have a few thousand 124 grain but I was looking for 147 grain to load some subs. I have a shop near me that sells 9mm purple coated bullets but gun shops are insane right now. I’ve been selectively reloading for a bit but I’m not an experienced reloader.

Just bought enough Federal small pistol primers to last me the rest of my life (was actually just trying to 'fill out' a hazmat charge since I have everything else I need for the foreseeable future) and a .40 bullet mould/sizer/handles (already have a setup for 9mm) and will be using up some of my stored lead for practice rounds...figure I should use it since I bothered to move it a thousand miles west recently.
Sweet!

I figured I would start up my 9mm line. I have a few thousand 124 grain but I was looking for 147 grain to load some subs. I have a shop near me that sells 9mm purple coated bullets but gun shops are insane right now. I’ve been selectively reloading for a bit but I’m not an experienced reloader.
Might be good idea to pick up a bullet mold and some lead before lead jumps in price

Went to shooters outpost this afternoon. What a zoo. Picked up 24k Fiocchi pistol primers to split with a couple friends. Never used them before but at $25 per 1k they’re worth trying. Though they’re made in Italy...hopefully corona free...

Went to shooters outpost this afternoon. What a zoo. Picked up 24k Fiocchi pistol primers to split with a couple friends. Never used them before but at $25 per 1k they’re worth trying. Though they’re made in Italy...hopefully corona free...

Italian, CoronaV-Ridden primers....we are indeed in desperate times ;-)

Nice score, good price.

Back
Top Bottom