• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you build today.

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
So there is a thread for what have you done with your gun today.

Figured why not what did you build today. Figure guns and other projects .

I'll start for my friend I converted his gun to side charger .

8cb2f3d6706ec34740520b0d991ea72c.jpg

No building going on today (waiting on a 80% .308 lower & jig) But, I prepped and primed a couple of hundred pieces of .308 brass. Does that count for anything. LOL

7676584b0df2497e3be54f42eb57ea4d.jpg

Hebrew Uzi lower mocked up for 9mm ak build
For my friend .
Friend asked me if we make it a pistol if the magwell would make it AOW?

5964df8e98aae09ff77bf58b23fc9a35.jpg

Jack squat flat for soumi drums for my 9mm ak build.

This is one of those things that everybody has to try once. I made this over the weekend and I successfully tested it yesterday while my daughter stood a ridiculously safe distance away.

I added the camo duct tape after I made sure it worked.

Edit: I actually had to use the lower half of it today for leverage on my daughter's lug nuts.

Last edited:
This is one of those things that everybody has to try once. I made this over the weekend and I successfully tested it yesterday while my daughter stood a ridiculously safe distance away.

I added the camo duct tape after I made sure it worked.

Edit: I actually had to use the lower half of it today for leverage on my daughter's lug nuts.

Slam fire 12g?

Slam fire 12g?

Yup

47473975.jpg

I need to tweak the #6 socket head firing pin a little. I didn't have any empties at home to test it with. It punched right through the primer.

In the youtube videos I saw these things flying right out of guy's hands. I don't get that, even without the tactical grip tape it was not hard to hang onto.

Last edited:
Some of the ones I've seen with stocks look pretty cool, and the guys seem to get decent accuracy with them. I just don't think I want it that close to my face. Like I told my daughter, this was really just a science experiment to see if I could make a working gun for ~$20.

I do have a couple of cases of low-recoil buck. I might have to try some of those.

uploadfromtaptalk1429092262321.jpg

*Volquartsen receiver
*Kidd bolt
*Kidd Bolt charging assembly
*Kidd countersunk threaded reciever pins
*Clark Custom 18" barrel
*Clark Custom trigger group
*Archangel stock
*Nikon P-22 2x10 scope

Have had all the parts for some time now, but hadnt had the ability to countersink the receiver bolt holes. Finally made it to my inlaws to use his bridgeport milling machine, overkill yes, but i want to learn to use it for other projects down the road.

Im not thrilled with the stock. Will probable look at some alternatives, but for now it will do. I now need to find some range time.

View attachment 134546

*Volquartsen receiver
*Kidd bolt
*Kidd Bolt charging assembly
*Kidd countersunk threaded reciever pins
*Clark Custom 18" barrel
*Clark Custom trigger group
*Archangel stock
*Nikon P-22 2x10 scope

Have had all the parts for some time now, but hadnt had the ability to countersink the receiver bolt holes. Finally made it to my inlaws to use his bridgeport milling machine, overkill yes, but i want to learn to use it for other projects down the road.

Im not thrilled with the stock. Will probable look at some alternatives, but for now it will do. I now need to find some range time.

Magpul is releasing one .

just bought some of this stuff...haven't had a chance to try it out yet but it seems pretty useful to repair/build with...the best part is that it's re-moldable so if you mess up you just heat it back up and remold...quite a few ideas right one their website...
http://www.instamorph.com/ideas

That stuff is amazing BTW. Everyone should have some just for GP.

That stuff is amazing BTW. Everyone should have some just for GP.

i pretty much bought it for just in case i need to fix something quick...i have a small gauge wire that is fraying for my traffic antenna on my car gps and tape just doesn't hold in the hot weather when the car heats up so i am going to give this a try

Back
Top Bottom