• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you build today.

Any guess what I made .
795f389687d56e4b8f306e78cd938642.jpg
A semi-auto bolt of some kind. Rod operated?

I got tired of dealing with the homemade solutions for pulling the extractor from the bolt on ARs. Made some caps that I can easily press with a clamp to work on the bolt.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 109
I got tired of dealing with the homemade solutions for pulling the extractor from the bolt on ARs. Made some caps that I can easily press with a clamp to work on the bolt.

I see that you made some things to hold the bolt, but I don't understand their use. To remove the extractor, I simply push out its pin. If I hold the bolt between my thumb and fingers and pinch to compress the extractor spring a bit, the pin pushes out very easily.

I see that you made some things to hold the bolt, but I don't understand their use. To remove the extractor, I simply push out its pin. If I hold the bolt between my thumb and fingers and pinch to compress the extractor spring a bit, the pin pushes out very easily.

Extractor or ejector? I think the two blocks above press the ejector so you can drive the pin out more easily. I usually use a spent piece of brass and just kind of rest it in my hand and push the brass into the ejector. Having a purpose made block isn't a bad idea. I've seen people just use screws on their work bench too - and press the ejector in that way. It's nice to free up your hands to catch things that fly.

Last edited:
How'd you do that??
I had too much of the end mill sticking out and it dropped down and cut a nice square hole where the trigger guard should be .

What's cheap for you? I just saw a nice bench top unit with all the bells and whistles for 20k. Good deal but not cheap for me. Maybe you?

http://www.tormach.com/product_pcnc_main.html#overview

Says 8412.00 but add the bells and it goes to 20,000.00

I was buzzed meant Cnc shop lol .

I find that some are tighter than others. I have yet to find one that can be pushed out with my fingers though. It usually takes a good pounding with the roll pin punch to free the pin.

I guess nobody knows the difference between an extractor and an ejector

Lol I do I do .

Extractor is the claw that pulls the round out of the chamber . The ejector for a ar is the pin that's spring loaded that pops the round out of the bolt face .
Ak and a shit load of other rifles and most pistols use a fixed ejector which is a blade that smashes in to the case flinging it out .

The cap tool the guy made helps to compress the ejector so it takes pressure off the retaining pin.

Last edited:
Lol I do I do .

Extractor is the claw that pulls the round out of the chamber . The ejector for a ar is the pin that's spring loaded that pops the round out of the bolt face .
Ak and a shit load of other rifles and most pistols use a fixed ejector which is a blade that smashes in to the case flinging it out .

The cap tool the guy made helps to compress the ejector so it takes pressure off the retaining pin.

What he said. Push plunger (ejector) in so there is less pressure on the extractor pin.

27wsxt3.jpg

Push plunger (ejector) in so there is less pressure on the extractor pin.
This should have said
Push plunger (ejector) in so there is less pressure on the ejector pin.

get it?

The ejector pin is a roll pin, it is a tight fit and will require a hammer and punch to remove.

The extractor pin by itself (without the extractor in place) will easily slide in and out of the bolt.

Going back to my first post in this thread - the guy who made the bolt holder things said "extractor" but I'm sure he meant "ejector"

and it was all down hill from there

- - - Updated - - -

WRONG

why don't you learn what you are talking about before you blow up another AR

I am NOT bloody well wrong.

category21.jpg

I put the "pound" in the wrong place bc I was in a rush and the ejector pin isn't in the pic. Ejector IS plunger. Extractor IS claw. I just swapped the pins around in the pic.

- - - Updated - - -

And the AR runs just fine now that the barrel is normal. ADCO sucks ass.

go back to post 44

read what I said, (pay close attention to the words extractor)
read what you said
takes a good pounding with the roll pin punch
'

either you didn't know the difference between an extractor and an ejector then, or you still don't, or you simply confused the two and are too stubborn to admit it

You said extractor in post 43, I didn't actually reference a specific pin. Yes, I was thinking ejector (plunger) pin not the fat easy whore of an extractor pin. But mostly bc I didn't really read your post bc I was too busy building another AR9mm to blow up.

Back
Top Bottom