What can't I do with a fixed break on an AR15?

Handgard end cap, gas block and barrel nut, and maybe the handgaurd itself if it is a one piece design. Pick a break with a smaller od than the barrel (and allow some room for the weld) and you should be ok I think.

I had never really thought of this, but it is a good point.

This would be a problem if say you wanted to switch barrels and reused some of the components, or if you wanted to install a free float handguard.

I ask this because I am working on a build. I will eventually want a surefire quad rail on the rifle. However, I would like to not have to purchases it with the mass compliant upper.

I ask this because I am working on a build. I will eventually want a surefire quad rail on the rifle. However, I would like to not have to purchases it with the mass compliant upper.

The Surefire unit is a 2 piece system so no need to remove anything except for the original handguards.

Because it's a 2 piece design, it's not free floating (IMHO, over rated and not necessary unless you're looking to achieve as much accuracy as possible).

The top half is held in place by the slip ring and end cap. the bottom half slides into the top half and is locked down/secured by two set screws. Once mounted and tightened down, it's pretty rock solid.

I really need to thank you for the help...the info you have given is just what I needed to know.

Check out the Daniel Defense Omega rail. It installs without any modification to the rifle other than removing the handguards. It is also top quality, lightweight, and freefloat.

Back
Top Bottom