what are your go to lures???

Neither do I :) Sold mine when I bought the house in the summer of '07. I've been a much happier person ever since. [rofl]

I do however still have good friends with boats. I prefer to help pay for gas, bait and drinks instead of spending time in the bilge. Oh and I also provide the home made umbrella rigs.

I do however, miss my last boat. It was perfect for coastal fishing. 21 foot Sea Swirl Striper.

I want one of these:

Side_on.jpg

It's a sweet boat but To be honest, I prefer a full walk around or sport fish for the offshore stuff.

Mine was the 99 version of this:
http://www.seaswirl.com/models.cfm?model=625

Although a friend of mine got one of these a few years ago: This for me is the hot setup for getting out there for fishing. I like the Mako version they have at Bass Pro as well I think it's 28 feet though.

http://www.seaswirl.com/models.cfm?model=615

There is something I like about being able to take a nap or a shower when out for a long time. Not to mention a head makes it much more pleasant.

We typically fish off an old mid 70's cabin/sport cruiser now. Although old, it still has everything you'd want in a boat (other than cruising speed). Fishes up to 8 decently.

Depends on time and water.

Gin clear open water mid day, I'm crawling unweighted 10" power worms with an occasional pop on 8 lb test with a med hvy spinning outfit. That same water at night... its a huge Colorado blade 3/8oz spinner bait with a slow churn about a foot below the surface, of course a black Jitterbug is tops for heart pounding slams![smile]
If its hawgs I'm after at night I'll slow troll an AC Plug on a hvy baitcast set up with braided line.

Shallow water with weeds and scum its either topwater rats on heavy set ups with braided line in the floating algae scum or popping 3/8oz jigs through the clumps with the same set up.
I'll never fish vegetation with spinning tackle again after losing some serious fish years ago, I don't care of I'm buzzing a willow leaf spinnerbait past some lily pads, I'll never lose another trophy.

You can catch dinks all day long fishing mid day open water or you can chop through the jungle and reach monsters that hide in the shade of the algae scum and big ass lily pads. Truth is I'd rather get on the water at around 9pm mid summer and leave when the sun is coming up. [grin]

9" Mann's Grape Jelly Worm w/firetail rigged Texas style on a barbless Tru-turn with a freshly sharpened hook. Nice for any time of the day at the small pond I used to fish all night long in some cases. My best fish was caught on this rig at 1am and weighed almost 10 pounds on my little scale. Of course a baitcaster with at least 10lb Stren. I am not sure if I even own a spinning reel any more.

I was thumbing through the newest Bass pro catalog and I can't believe how different baitcast reels look since I last bought one 8 or 9 years ago.

I just picked up a Shimano Corado baitcasting reel. We'll see how long it takes before I switch back to my spinning setup!

I also got the Shimano Saros for another spinning reel.

Last edited:
haha yes, sick means good. You want to learn more hip lingo gringo?

No, dats mad cool, dogg. Off da hook, yo.

I be chillin in mah crib, wif my homies, and dem hos, and I can talk some smack all by my sef. You smell me, dogg?

I gotta bounce fo a bogie, but I'll hitcha up nextime I gotsta know whats poppin. I don axe fo no hep.

Keep it real, bro.

Zara Spook / puppy for the win...and cant fish without drop shotting a nice 4" gulp minnow..if you dont catch anything with either of them, chances are your fishing in a puddle...

i do not do well with baitcasters [laugh]

salmon-birdsnest-over-run.jpg

Is that 40# test? That looks like a nice reel and I bet it is pretty easy to reel in an anchor should the need arise. I have two and seem to go back to the old one when technology becomes too much (big bird's nest).[sad]

No, dats mad cool, dogg. Off da hook, yo.

I be chillin in mah crib, wif my homies, and dem hos, and I can talk some smack all by my sef. You smell me, dogg?

I gotta bounce fo a bogie, but I'll hitcha up nextime I gotsta know whats poppin. I don axe fo no hep.

Keep it real, bro.

haha dude...when the SHTF and you gotta go covert op amongst all the baddies I think you'll do just fine, just shoot dat shiet sidewayz sunn.[wink] ahha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom