what are your go to lures???

the first bait i like to throw is a 3/8 oz. white spinner bait. then a jerk bait(walk the dog style),and then i slow it down with a senko style worm.and at dusk,its a torpedo,popper,and a zara spook/puppy

A niti - it is a spoon type lure made by Pcola's Lures in St. Michael, PA. They are a little shop and they only sell them from that location (they do do mail orders). If I had to pick one lure out of my tackle box to use for the rest of my life, then that would be it.

While I haven't placed Hook in H20 in a long long time the last time I did for trout was a Meps Treble Hook with gold spoon with some kind of brown hair in the hook area.

It really kicked ass and brought in the 10 Pound rainbow trout 4-5 per hour.
Nothing like rainbow trout cooked over a campfire.

If any of you guys get near an area called Burney California the area I did the best is at a place called McArthur Burney Falls state park.

Right at the base of the falls.
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=455

Last edited:
I love top water baits and give a big +1 for the jitterbug. I will also use skitter pops for my "popping" needs. My go to bait when the bite is slow would be a texas rigged, berkley 7" power worm in Tequila sunrise.

As much as I like the black Jitterbug, IMO it works best when the water is dead calm. With a chop on the surface I'd go with another bait. I prefer the classic red-and-white Jitterbug for the half-hour before twilight.

My go to lures Freshwater: 4"senko Saltwater: 1-1/4 oz striper strike creek chub surface popper.

I am new to freshwater and really love fishing top water in salt water.

A niti - it is a spoon type lure made by Pcola's Lures in St. Michael, PA. They are a little shop and they only sell them from that location (they do do mail orders). If I had to pick one lure out of my tackle box to use for the rest of my life, then that would be it.

I was wondering why you went in after that lure.

For me it is the DB Smelt.

9'er Rigs

In the Ocean when all your striper/blue fish holes are coming up dry. Troll one of these puppies around at about 3 knots. If there are fish in the water, you will catch something. Might be schoolies, might be keepers.

http://www.9erslures.com/

I make my own rigs with 4 arms that are very similar. 9'er rigs have 6 arms. I started making my own 4 arm rigs after losing 2 x 9'er rigs in one day. One because I was distracted when tying it. The other after I left for the day and someone snagged a rock or lobster trap.

and Stop! You are all making me giggle like a school girl thinking about starting to striper fish.[wink] We have one more season before we have to start with the new Striper fishing permits and rules.

Back
Top Bottom