• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kill thousands of owls.....what could possibly go wrong....

They want to have hunters kill 500,000 of these owls over 30 years, or 16,666 owls a year? That seems really unlikely, unless for some reason there are a bunch of hunters with huge boners itching to hunt these things?

Going to have to be an awful lot of night hunting to kill that many of them.

Unless you know where a nest is and stake it out, Barred owls are nocturnal hunters.

Only an ignorant federal bureaucrat could come up such a failure of a plan.

My old neighbor was a Cambridge/Harvard lawyer who was brought in to help settle the Spotted Owl v Lumber Industry back in the 90s. He must be rolling in his grave. Bunch of f***ing 🤡s,

My old neighbor was a Cambridge/Harvard lawyer who was brought in to help settle the Spotted Owl v Lumber Industry back in the 90s. He must be rolling in his grave. Bunch of f***ing 🤡s,
I remember that fuster cluck. I've got a pin from that era somewhere in my office.

That took a while, but I found it. That pin has to be 30 years old.

1711771548270.png

Last edited:
From the link:

Barred owls and northern spotted owls are closely related and can even interbreed. But the barred owls, which originally hailed from the eastern U.S., have been described as its relative's "nemesis."

Great plan!

I'm no scientist but isn't this how natural selection works? I could be missing it but I don't see anything on them being introduced by accident. More they have just expanded their range and eat a larger variety of food.
Yep it is. Thousands upon thousands of species have come and gone. And of course these are the same idiots that think they can affect climate as if it needs fixing.

Literally EVERYTHING needs intervention in their eyes. That same impulse is why the left tends toward totalitarian government models.

Yep it is. Thousands upon thousands of species have come and gone. And of course these are the same idiots that think they can affect climate as if it needs fixing.

Literally EVERYTHING needs intervention in their eyes. That same impulse is why the left tends toward totalitarian government models.
That's because their primary mission is government expansion and more control rather than minimalization and letting the free market decide the direction things will go.
To the left, it's just another excuse to hire more government employees, make more rules, laws and regulations.....they don't care if anything beneficial is produced as long as it increases the payroll numbers and certain people's bottom line.
It is a plan destined for ultimate failure. This solar/wind energy thing is a prime example in our time. For every solution they come up with, they introduce ten more significant problem issues.

You cannot maintain any type of viable national defense manufacturing capabilities running on strictly solar or wind or both.....the needed horsepower just isn't there. WWII proved that beyond any shadow of a doubt. We out manufactured the entire world combined.

Then when there's massive damage to agriculture and outbreaks from uncontrolled vermin.... "ooops!"
If the WEF and "Climate" hustlers are victorious and only allow us to eat insects, those vermin will look like filet mignon when all the cattle are dead. :(

Spoiler Alert : they WILL NOT be victorious.

Back
Top Bottom