What 1911 should I get?

shotgunwilly870

NES Member
I'm going to get a 1911,Im looking at the Remington r1 does anyone have one and how do you like it,I'm looking for a brand new full size and I'm on a budget any recommendations?

I just bought my Remington R1. I love it. Now I'm not trying to pimp my You Tube channel, but here is the review I did on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFi...DvjVQa1PpcFNpBT4yJszlSBDgl-2eVQbPrTLz9-YnmnQ=

I got it from State Line in Mason. It was $840 which was about the best deal on a U.S. made gun with all the options it has.

I'm guessing it was an R1 Enhanced and not the regular R1? If it was the stock model they took you for a ride, because that averages for like $600 or so on Gunbroker.

-Mike

Four Seasons had a Remington R enhanced last week, beautiful gun, fiber optic front, nice set of rear sights, etc. I looked long and hard at it but chose a S&W 1911 e series instead. But I'm still thinking about going back. Take a look at it seriously if you can.

I am a fan of the Ruger SR1911. Was fortunate to buy one when they first came out and it has run very well. It falls in a similar price range as R1. I haven't shot the R1 but I handled the regular version and felt the SR1911 slide/frame fit was better.

Good luck!

Last edited:
+1 on the Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced. It's a great gun, really a pleasure to shoot. GFA had a couple last weekend. Typical price around 900(maybe a bit higher.). For the extra couple of hundred dollars, it's kind of a no-brainer. The basic R1 is good, but you get a lot for the additional money.

I think the S&W is also nice. I was torn between the two, and really wanted a stainless 1911, but decided to go with the R1 Enhanced, and I don't think I could be happier. I haven't shot many 1911's, but compared to the handguns I have shot, the R1 is like getting into a Ferrari after driving Yugo's all your life. Or maybe more like the first time you get into a some ridiculous American muscle car like a 427 Vette (60's era) and put your foot in it. You won't be able to wipe the grin off your face for days. Sorry, I'm still gushing. I like it that much.

The are so many good choices out there that as other posters have said here and on similar threads, it isn't so much which 1911 to buy, but which one to buy first...

I'm going to get a 1911,Im looking at the Remington r1 does anyone have one and how do you like it,I'm looking for a brand new full size and I'm on a budget any recommendations?

The Remington 1911 R1 is an awesome gun. Blue Northern Trading Co. has an enhanced version for $849.99. Worth the extra money over the standard and Talo editions.

Real men shoot Colt 1911s. Jack.

+1
a05feee4.jpg

I just bought my Remington R1. I love it. Now I'm not trying to pimp my You Tube channel, but here is the review I did on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFi...DvjVQa1PpcFNpBT4yJszlSBDgl-2eVQbPrTLz9-YnmnQ=

I got it from State Line in Mason. It was $840 which was about the best deal on a U.S. made gun with all the options it has.

I watched your video. For clarification, Remington Arms didn't make 1911s or 1911A1s during WWII. Remington Rand, a typewriter manufacturer did make 1911A1s for WWII.

I have a S&W 1911PD - thing is freaking awesome. Feel free to PM if you want to try it out at HSC or HHRG

Mar19_2012001.jpg

My Brother just bought a Sig 1911 TTT. This is one awesome gun, it shots straight and is real nice looking. I think it was 850 at Four Seasons.

The Springfield Range Officer seems to be pretty "tricked out" for the money. I don't know if this is MA compliant or if your even in MA since I'm using a mobil app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I prefer the plain jane 1911's. I see no reason for light rails, or 15 different types of scalloping, or 5 different colors. Just plain old looks of the original 1911. Too many variations now a days.

I've got a Rock Island Armory and I'm a fan of it. Mine's a compact, but I've heard the full size ones are good too (and I imagine less finicky with ammo than the compact). Short money too.

Oh, I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?'

Looks like someone we know...

Any one know the difference between the remington r1, and the ruger? they're right around the same price and the remington is available now.

Back
Top Bottom