What’s one thing you wish you knew sooner?

When you tell your new shooting friends how awesome four seasons is and how you can get so many “MA-OK” guns there…they will pretend to be happy for you but inside they will be like…

EFBEDBAD-9898-49AD-A236-147B13CCA100.jpeg

I enjoyed all the comments so far… a few updates that no one asked for from me:

1. My LTC was ready for pickup last week and I’m happy to have completed that process now. For MA the wait time wasn’t too bad… took about 1 month from when I submitted the application and got my finger prints done for it to be ready for pickup.
2. I’ve gone green! I was waiting until then considering I was paranoid that MA would just suddenly suspend all applications for no good reason.

That’s all, I’ve been reading around and researching how I want to start my collection, which I can already see being larger than I was thinking up to the day before I picked up my LTC.

Thanks for all the serious, joking, and sarcastic remarks. This was fun to read, and gives me a good idea of what being a member on this forum will be like.

I enjoyed all the comments so far… a few updates that no one asked for from me:

1. My LTC was ready for pickup last week and I’m happy to have completed that process now. For MA the wait time wasn’t too bad… took about 1 month from when I submitted the application and got my finger prints done for it to be ready for pickup.
2. I’ve gone green! I was waiting until then considering I was paranoid that MA would just suddenly suspend all applications for no good reason.

That’s all, I’ve been reading around and researching how I want to start my collection, which I can already see being larger than I was thinking up to the day before I picked up my LTC.

Thanks for all the serious, joking, and sarcastic remarks. This was fun to read, and gives me a good idea of what being a member on this forum will be like.
Congratulations and welcome to the club! Idk if it’s been said yet but don’t sweat the first purchase too much. It’s exciting but you’ll probably be back for your second within a couple of weeks.

Make your own decisions on "good" guns. Many are afraid to say a gun sucks because everyone loves them. 1911s, Glocks, SAAs, ARs, Garands - if you don't like it, it sucks no matter what everyone says.

Everyone has an opinion, and they are all equally worthless.

Have realistic expectations.

Make your own decisions on "good" guns. Many are afraid to say a gun sucks because everyone loves them. 1911s, Glocks, SAAs, ARs, Garands - if you don't like it, it sucks no matter what everyone says.

Everyone has an opinion, and they are all equally worthless.

Have realistic expectations.
Do people think 1911s don't suck?

As a newbie..

you are probably wondering where the best place is to get a Flobert rifle.

several here can advise you on that. And should be high up on your “must buy” list.

Buying a nice car instead of a condo in 1988 when the condo market tanked and they were selling for 35K......stupid kid, could have paid for it, and rented it and had income for my whole life.

Not taking some risks for the sake of being conservative...........especially with the 2008 stock market crash. I had good cash money in hand when the down was 6000 at the bottom, and was scared to risk it for the sake of having a solid emergency fund. I would have been retired easily by now if I had just took it and bought regular old good companies, and Google..... I also had my hand on the button of buying the Tesla IPO at 35 bucks or something. But I thought it was just another green scheme so didn't buy.

Wasting time with all sorts of small pistols, and always ending up with a mid frame glock being the perfect EDC.

Buying too many guns and not shooting them.

Consider getting a class 03 curio and relic license. Short money, and some companies give you a discount for having one. It will save you the 30 dollars it cost for the three years it is active.

If you want to get into reloading get the best one you can afford and grow into the features it has. While a single stage has value, the time you will save as your skills improve will be an extreme time saver with a multi stage. With the current price of ammo, reloading your own is a no brainer.

Good belt and a good holster go a long way.

Don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone from time to time especially with working on guns and new hardware.
Example, I was never very hip on red dot sights. I have a high end aimpoint and was happy with that.
Bought a cheapie 100 dollar red dot sight with a 3MOA that I was setting up for a home defense rifle, didn't expect much from it.

3MOA.jpg

It is cool to have your flyer be in the outer 9 ring at 100 yards, pleased with the unexpected results. Don't knock it until you have tried it. That includes .40 cal.

Back
Top Bottom